Dreaming of a paint job on the sling

• Red SL is what I have. I need "yes" need Something to set it apart from all the other slower reds out there. If candy paint is to brittle maybe a nice graphic design will do the trick.

Candies are GREAT!!!! It's the metal flake that is the problem. Too many clear coats on plastic is asking for trouble! I use candy a lot!

• Red SL is what I have. I need "yes" need Something to set it apart from all the other slower reds out there. If candy paint is to brittle maybe a nice graphic design will do the trick.

One of the guys got in the WRONG 'red one' 4 or 5 times one day...Painter painted
    his yellow....It's rally slow now...(Good Morning Jim Camp)...me just put my
    business name on mine (tax write off) and than added the hood graphic from the
    2016.5 red. (just the pin Striping)
    Lots of ways to make it your "own". Have fun and watch for rides and such coming up.

• @Redspark Follow IL 1 south to I70 and your at Painters house. (200 miles)
    Painter is not in business as such, he does this type of work for his enjoyment,
    he is a super individual who loves what he does.

Haha... Sorry I just read the couple pages of posts here and I remember when @Painter said on the other forum that he wasn't necessarily looking for work. He has a huge heart and just wanted to take care of his fellow Slingn' Brethren and Sistren. @Painter correct me if I am wrong, but I think he paints our Slings for OUR enjoyment more than his. I think his enjoyment comes more from our enjoyment of his works of art... I've stripped some Slings down, albeit not as far as @Painter, and it's a LOT of work!!!

@Painter slings are all part of a family.

Does having my wing painted by @Painter allow me to claim being part of the family?? :D

• Haha... Sorry I just read the couple pages of posts here and I remember when @Painter said on the other forum that he wasn't necessarily looking for work. He has a huge heart and just wanted to take care of his fellow Slingn' Brethren and Sistren. @Painter correct me if I am wrong, but I think he paints our Slings for OUR enjoyment more than his. I think his enjoyment comes more from our enjoyment of his works of art... I've stripped some Slings down, albeit not as far as @Painter, and it's a LOT of work!!!

Does having my wing painted by @Painter allow me to claim being part of the family?? :D

Absolutely hit the nail on the head there @TheRock and @Cameron Roberts! I'm too over 'self' and I greatly enjoy it when Members become 'Family'.... It's just beyond words!

• A buddy of mine painted mine this winter. We went with House of Kolor blue blood red as a base, topped with lil Daddy Roth retina wrecking red baby flake. It really pops in the garage, and in the sun! Not so much on cloudy days or in pictures. I would have like to have gone with a larger flake but like was said, it would have taken too much clear to bury the bigger flake, and would have wound up causing too many problems down the road. Here's a couple of pics of my Victory touring cruiser that does look good in photos

• Since were on the subject of painting. I have to show everyone something that @Painter just created for me. He sent me a message the other day and mentioned he was working on something and that he needed my paint codes. Last night I received two pictures that blew me away. I can't even begin to say thanks. My wife (who isn't even into paint and mechanical stuff) said it was "really really nice". That is huge from her.... :D:D

@Painter this is more than a valve cover and coil cover. It's proof to everyone that you paint from your heart and not from you wallet. I can't wait to get this bolted on and show it off.

• That's darn smooth right there.

• My LEO buddies loved my flame paint job. Have to say I have a real airbrush genius hidden away here in coonass land. Many have said the pictures truly don't do it justice. Gonna owe him for a long time !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You deserve so much more Robert.... You have more talent in your big toe than I will ever have!

• That is just out damn standing! Congrats Rab. I'm sure you got a bit of satisfaction out of that job @Painter pictures after the install!

• Yeah like you know what your talking about!! Talk to a Painter...Oh Wait!!! :00008359:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Not a very detailed picture. But I thought this was something I wanted to have done. Then I saw the price!!!! Never knew a paint job could be as expensive as a new house!! I think my wallet just fainted!

• Not a very detailed picture. But I thought this was something I wanted to have done. Then I saw the price!!!! Never knew a paint job could be as expensive as a new house!! I think my wallet just fainted!

I like that color , they use to call it Lexus Blue.. Was gunna have 1 of my bikes painted that color-Very Sharp Looking!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/