Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I don't favor more laws. I would favor common cense. And more of an attitude of "I don't give a fuck about your feelings". If you violate someones rights then you surrender yours. We have become a nation of Nine year olds whining about stupid shit and blaming others.

• Well I am one of the few sub 40 year olds that own a Slingshot but generationally speaking I think I fit in to the rest of the crowd from a mentality perspective. Governmentally I think I am way ahead of the crowd compared to my peers. Mostly cause I have worked in the government sector now for over 16 years. I have seen a lot of wasteful spending, a lot of conflicts/wars that were unnecessary, and a lot of lives lost with my feet on the ground in places like Afghanistan and Iraq. I am not here starting fights because honestly that doesn't get people anywhere...but I do want to at the very least acknowledge a few things:

1. Doing away with the IRS - H.R.25 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): FairTax Act of 2015 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
    Fair tax would eliminate up to 80% of the current IRS employees and get rid of a bunch of clutter in the tax codes...it doesn't inherently get rid of the IRS as a whole...just a lot of the dead weight that are there do what government does...waste money. It puts the IRS back in to what they were designed for when they started, not to be a bully agency to go after the average Joe like you and me.

2. Less war: I am raised in a family of military. Starting 3 generations back and still have members serving our country. I never had the honor of being able to serve due to being a medical liability. I chose to serve my country in other ways. By going overseas as a contractor and supporting those that protect our freedoms day in and day out. Most of them being put in a position they never asked for and risking their lives for a bunch of people that sit in offices in DC deciding the fate of our soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen. Add to that the constant money going to countries that don't care about us, but love our US dollar...it's hard to believe we would to be in the mix for people that don't believe in us. These kids...and I stress kids come back mentally broken and it adds to us not taking care of our veterans the way they should be treated. Less war would make a huge impact economically and also lead to a more mentally healthy nation. With that being said, I am very proud to have worked side by side with these kids that have taken upon themselves to join the military in a time in our culture that is full of whiners and entitled brats that want everything without working for it. These kids are amazing and deserve much more when they get back from the mess. We can always show our strength as needed, with out the need to be in every war all the time. There is no need for us to be in over 140 countries around the world when we can respond globally in hours.

3. Socially Liberal - I am a fairly religious person, I also believe there is a time and a place for government, but I am also a person that believes in freedom. There are places government order and religious order doesn't belong. We have become a society that created it's own lack of freedom by being the generation that kept saying "there should be a law for that"...and now there are so many laws that people are offended by everything and everyone. We have done more to divide the people than embrace the differences and appreciate what cultures have to offer in the last decade than the years prior. It's sickening to see the gaps grow so much in such a short time. Do I want to blame the current presidency? in large part yes...but not definitively.

I was a registered Republican up until this year. I am registered Libertarian now...mostly because I didn't see my values lining up with the current Republican values...and haven't since the 2008 elections. I also am a firm believer in that if you see a trend of decline...maybe it's time for a change. Republicans and Democrats haven't done anything but take us in to the shitter for many many many years...so real change would be nice to see.

Oddly when I see your views...I see them more as Libertarian views and more Republican traditional values, not the current Republican party. I will always agree with everyone's right to have a point of view. Especially if it differs from mine. Everyone has that right as an American. It's also what makes everyone fun to talk to. If everyone thought like I did, we would be some seriously boring people. lol.

With that being said...I will still vote Gary Johnson this year...and when Trump or Hillary wins, I will have my popcorn ready so I can sit back and watch the world burn.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I'm sorry - I agree with 99% of what you said but voting for a 3rd party is just throwing your vote away. Your right to vote is far too precious to vote for someone you know has no chance of winning. As I have said before you may have to hold your nose when you pull the lever in November but either Clinton or Trump is going to be our next President - pick one that closest lines up with your values and VOTE accordingly. Maybe it's time for a serious 3rd party but for this election the horses have already left the barn.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Like @Bill Martin said, this race is too important to sit out in protest because the system is messed up. If one says "their both bad so I'm not going to vote" or "I'm voting for someone who is qualified that no one has heard of", your not helping the country or yourself. You need to figure out which one of the two major players "say" they are closest to your values and vote accordingly. We may end up worse off that what we are but no one will be able to say we didn't try. just my .02

• I'm sorry - I agree with 99% of what you said but voting for a 3rd party is just throwing your vote away. Your right to vote is far too precious to vote for someone you know has no chance of winning. As I have said before you may have to hold your nose when you pull the lever in November but either Clinton or Trump is going to be our next President - pick one that closest lines up with your values and VOTE accordingly. Maybe it's time for a serious 3rd party but for this election the horses have already left the barn.

And that first line is what is a major issue with the Voting public...If we were to vote based on principle vs popularity...maybe a 3rd party president wouldn't be far fetched. If you can't vote for the person you expect to do the best job...why bother voting? The lesser of two evils is still evil.

• Like @Bill Martin said, this race is too important to sit out in protest because the system is messed up. If one says "their both bad so I'm not going to vote" or "I'm voting for someone who is qualified that no one has heard of", your not helping the country or yourself. You need to figure out which one of the two major players "say" they are closest to your values and vote accordingly. We may end up worse off that what we are but no one will be able to say we didn't try. just my .02

The second line of this is another problem with the voting public...lack of self research and self education about those that are running. The media does one thing...align itself to those that can get the most ratings...and since the media is owned by one side or the other...so people don't hear about qualified people...just ratings catching candidates. Hence we have a choice of Trump or Hillary...a racist and a criminal. There in lies the biggest issue. Voting for those you have heard of...just cause you have heard of them.

Personally, I am torn between the 2 worst candidates that have ever run and been nominated by their respective parties. However, I have to agree that a wasted vote is of no value on a 3rd party who unfortunately, has no chance at winning THIS election. Therefore, I am deferring my decision on who to vote for based on the results of the upcoming debates. To say the least, they should be entertaining and hopefully will determine which way I vote even though my eyes will probably be shut.

• Now may be the time for the right people to begin putting together a serious 3rd party candidate for 2020 - the climate could be right. With what we have now there is no question about what we are going to get with Hillary after 30 years of corruption. Trump is a political loose cannon where I am not quite sure yet what we are gonna get......but he couldn't possibly be worse than Obama!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm getting so sick of hearing the liberals bring up gun control. Aren't "gun free" zones the strictest form of gun control.Those innocent club patrons were slaughtered like sheep. Black or white, gay or straight,Christian or Muslim they didn't deserve it. What a shame. Hey, Hillary and Obama ... You don't care you're just trying to look like you do to win votes. Your "Plan" is not working it's time for someone new. GO TRUMP !

• France has the Paris attack, and French President Hollande asks the UN to join in merciless bombing in retaliation-they step up the bombing on Isis. Russian airliner is downed- Putin vows revenge, and drops more bombs. The US has the worst mass shooting in US history, and what happens? Obama lectures the American public that more gun control will stop this sort of incident, and that we must not ban Muslims, inspire of the fact that we don't know who is coming into our country............WTF?

• I'm getting so sick of hearing the liberals bring up gun control. Aren't "gun free" zones the strictest form of gun control.Those innocent club patrons were slaughtered like sheep. Black or white, gay or straight,Christian or Muslim they didn't deserve it. What a shame. Hey, Hillary and Obama ... You don't care you're just trying to look like you do to win votes. Your "Plan" is not working it's time for someone new. GO TRUMP !

NO CRAP!! Take some responsibility for the HELL you created Obama! Racism / Hate is ALL your doing. You single handedly created the Beast in last 8 years! taking all I work for and giving everything away free to those with no intensions of working. You point the finger if a white person shoots/ fights a black, but yet all the reversed issues never see light of day. We worry more about transgender bathrooms for these freaks instead of more important issues, we help other country's who hate us and yet can't help ourselves... Get over the gun thing, Triggers don't pull themselves, always gunna be that person/ sicko. By trying to take us Americans right away to protect ourselves/ family only makes things worse. FBI had this guy 3 different times and yet he was still able to move around freely, BUY guns, so who's responsible? who's protecting who! I think this is / was a wake up call and people should take it seriously and wonder when the USA is going to start protecting it's own AMERICAN people. Keep weakening us Americans, keep talking a good game Obama, keep giving everything to Section 8/ HUB etc. America is becoming a 3rd world party and getting worse,...WAKE UP PEOPLE, LISTEN TO THE GUY WITH BALLS AND SAYS WHAT WE'RE ALL THINKING! Let's make America Great Again-NOW!!!!!!

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Redskins to remove offensive name.

The Washington Redskins finally drop offensive name! Dan Snyder, owner of the NFL Redskins, has announced that the team is dropping "Washington" from the team name, and it will henceforth be simply known as "The Redskins." It was reported that he finds the word “Washington” imparts a negative image of poor leadership, mismanagement, corruption, cheating, lying, and graft, and is not a fitting role-model for young fans of football.

• Redskins to remove offensive name.

The Washington Redskins finally drop offensive name! Dan Snyder, owner of the NFL Redskins, has announced that the team is dropping "Washington" from the team name, and it will henceforth be simply known as "The Redskins." It was reported that he finds the word “Washington” imparts a negative image of poor leadership, mismanagement, corruption, cheating, lying, and graft, and is not a fitting role-model for young fans of football.