Don't be in a hurry

• Today I was pressured into going somewhere I didn't want to go. But I figured I would ride the SS. I keep it outside covered with a car cover. Woke up just in time to jump in the shower, get dressed grab my new " biker jacket" my new helmet and unlock the cover, uncover the SS, kick the wheel choke out and leave....started down the driveway heard a funny noise. Stopped to take a look and the battery tender and extension cord are wrapped around the back Axle with the extension cord plug jammed in the brake caliper. I'm not going to talk about the giant scratch on the inside of the wheel that made a complete circle right in the middle..1/2 wide.... Now I need a hammer and screw driver to pound out the plug from the caliper. So when I finally finish I'm 45 minutes late and have a 45 minute ride.

This was after 4 hours sleep and I just wanted to spend the day putting on the $600 of after market parts I bought. After I slept a little longer..to say I'm not a happy camper is an understatement....since the bike is 5 days old.

The battery tender survived without incident...my extension cord is shredded.... My rear wheel looks like crap... And I want to puke...

Moral of the story... Do a safety walk around before you get in the cockpit.

• I forgot the other thing that happened on the trip.... I took the turnpike....for the first time with the SS... Pulling up to get my ticket I scraped the front wheel on the curb reaching for the ticket.... More feelings of sickness....

Moral of this story....I'm getting EZ pass so I don't have to fumble with money and tickets and banging my wheels on the ticket booth curb....

• Sorry abut scratching your wheel. Here in the Houston area we don't have a choice to use cash. It's strictly transponder pass or big fine!

A while back, I had pulled my rear tire, put it back and later went out for a short ride, but forgot to check that the rear lug nuts were properly tightened. About 3/8 mile from my house I realized my rear wheel was loose. :cursing: Had to walk back home for a lug wrench, walk back and properly tighten the lug nuts before driving back home. I now check my lug nuts multiple times after messing with the wheels.

• I forgot the other thing that happened on the trip.... I took the turnpike....for the first time with the SS... Pulling up to get my ticket I scraped the front wheel on the curb reaching for the ticket.... More feelings of sickness....

Moral of this story....I'm getting EZ pass so I don't have to fumble with money and tickets and banging my wheels on the ticket booth curb....

Look at the bright side of it. Now you can buy a complete set of wheels from someone that's upgraded theirs, and you'll have a spare front one

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it