Forward Swept Wing

• This is one of the sets that TricLED imported from Canada that I was able to get my hands on. TricLED gave up on these as they could not reach an agreement with Verika. Although I hate the term "Batwing", I do like the design.

well that explains it , I am familiar with Verika but had only seen fenders on their site to date . I think it looks pretty sharp with the Corbin, I wonder how it would look without them ? And I too despise the term, and for that matter (IMHO)anything that represents such a fine vehicle as a Batmobile does a disservice to the Slingshot , so not sure how much I would like it without the corbins

• @kev the "Slingwing" really does go well with the Corbin's although when I mounted the wings I had the bags off and I think it looked good but it was in the shop so was not able to see it from all angles.

• @kev the "Slingwing" really does go well with the Corbin's although when I mounted the wings I had the bags off and I think it looked good but it was in the shop so was not able to see it from all angles.

You know I love your wing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I thought about something like a forward swept wing to attach to my wycked hitch. It's a perfect mounting point for an under body wing that would follow the contour of the rear. 8o

Mr. GP and I at my work! He's heading you way soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @mniron Your wing looks good with the Corbin's.

I seen that wing at the Smokies and thought it was too big and ugly for my taste. But I don't think the Sling it was on had bags. Your bags seem to make it seem less oversized and better flowing/matched to the body.

• Here's a quick sketch of what I was thinking. There's a bunch of ways it could go.

Looked at this earlier but and to think about the lines. I like the simplicity of the second one if you were not going to do anything to the tail. To me the others make the rear a little busy.
    If you were going to remove the fin from the tail of the sling then I would 1st or 3rd would flow really well.
    @kev a couple of us has had a discussion on removing the fin off the tail and having a flat rear deck. What would be the cost of doing something like this? I have access to a extra tail section if you would be interested in using it to make a mold from.

• @Slingrazor glad to hear Im not the only one who finds that fin a little too tall or overbearing. And yes starting with an original deck cover would be the way to go when fabricating a new male plug , now I guess the question is which is most desirable, the existing fin with some sort of @ slingshot garage forward swept wing or an entire new rear deck with a much smaller fin or no fin, incorporated into a new forward swept wing . Maybe a one third height rear fin blending into a forward swept wing at that height ? feedback please. @WOLF @Bil Martin @DKF Texas @jorgebri60 @mniron @MACAWS Tripod @BONES @Neosolidus MBMedic @Painter @sideseatdriver @FunCycle and anybody else please ?

• @Slingrazor glad to hear Im not the only one who finds that fin a little too tall or overbearing. And yes starting with an original deck cover would be the way to go when fabricating a new male plug , now I guess the question is which is most desirable, the existing fin with some sort of @ slingshot garage forward swept wing or an entire new rear deck with a much smaller fin or no fin, incorporated into a new forward swept wing . Maybe a one third height rear fin blending into a forward swept wing at that height ? feedback please. @WOLF @Bil Martin @DKF Texas @jorgebri60 @mniron @MACAWS@Tripod @BONES @Neosolidus@MBMedic @Painter @sideseatdriver @FunCycle and anybody else please ?

Ummm, I would need pictures to give you a solid answer....

• @Slingrazor glad to hear Im not the only one who finds that fin a little too tall or overbearing. And yes starting with an original deck cover would be the way to go when fabricating a new male plug , now I guess the question is which is most desirable, the existing fin with some sort of @ slingshot garage forward swept wing or an entire new rear deck with a much smaller fin or no fin, incorporated into a new forward swept wing . Maybe a one third height rear fin blending into a forward swept wing at that height ? feedback please. @WOLF @Bil Martin @DKF Texas @jorgebri60 @mniron @MACAWS@Tripod @BONES @Neosolidus@MBMedic @Painter @sideseatdriver @FunCycle and anybody else please ?

For the right discount the rear deck could be delivered to MV.

• @kev I really like that idea, personally I would like the fin to be lower or taller than the wing. I like the idea of some fin remaining. Whether 2/3rds sweeping down to 1/3rd height wing or from zero sweeping up the center to 1/3rd height wing.

• For me keep the fin with a forward swept wing. I think they would compliment each other shape wise. Like a fighter jet. @kev
    Don't know about a flat deck for me although I do think you would sell some for sure. I think you have two types of customer there. Some like body kits with all the bells and whistles. While some may just want a wing and not want to mess with the body. A bolt on wing is a lot less intimidating than a body kit to some people. My 2 cents anyways. Always willing to help a fellow Canuck out. Hopefully this pans out for you. :thumbsup:

Mniron's wing did not look bad on the Sling without the Corbin's IMO. It was different and a good idea not taken to attrition. The supplied mounting screws were a joke!
    I also took issue with the overlap between the three panels literally screwing the three together withourpt regard to paint or panel damage due to flex / vibration.
    If it weren't @mniron I would have worried about it hitting the highway taking part of your panels with it! The average owner would have scratched his head and it would still be sitting in his attic--a lesson learned!
    For mass production it needs to be molded smooth, have an easy install kit, be smaller, lighter and NOT rub against or fasten a bridge between panels!

• @kev I really like that idea, personally I would like the fin to be lower or taller than the wing. I like the idea of some fin remaining. Whether 2/3rds sweeping down to 1/3rd height wing or from zero sweeping up the center to 1/3rd height wing.

I totally agree I think a wing like that on a flat deck your going to look at it and say it needs something in front of the wing. So either leave the fin or ya cut it down a little. Of course leaving the fin and just doing a wing would make it more affordable to the masses. Especially if it mounts up without drilling any holes. Lots of folks don't like drilling into their slingshot. So if it could come off the roll bars or out of the tail fin light hole without having to drill visibly into the body will appeal to even more people. Centrally mounted on the tail fin would look badass. @kev

• For me keep the fin with a forward swept wing. I think they would compliment each other shape wise. Like a fighter jet. @kev
    Don't know about a flat deck for me although I do think you would sell some for sure. I think you have two types of customer there. Some like body kits with all the bells and whistles. While some may just want a wing and not want to mess with the body. A bolt on wing is a lot less intimidating than a body kit to some people. My 2 cents anyways. Always willing to help a fellow Canuck out. Hopefully this pans out for you. :thumbsup:

I totally agree I think a wing like that on a flat deck your going to look at it and say it needs something in front of the wing. So either leave the fin or ya cut it down a little. Of course leaving the fin and just doing a wing would make it more affordable to the masses. Especially if it mounts up without drilling any holes. Lots of folks don't like drilling into their slingshot. So if it could come off the roll bars or out of the tail fin light hole without having to drill visibly into the body will appeal to even more people. Centrally mounted on the tail fin would look badass. @kev

@Slingshot Garage I agree totally on all points,

• So something like this, but facing the other way... And built to scale...?

So couldn't someone risk/take their current wing, cut it in half then make the cuts to form a 2-piece v-shape that followed lines of Sling?

Well, go on @BONES... Cut, cut... :00008023: