Don't have the red headlights on when driving.

• Now I would never do this. But just a quick reminder. Don't "accidentally" leave your red headlights on and drive down the road..... I have been doing some research this morning and I have found that each state kinda copies each other then modifys the laws accordingly...

So far I have found this passage in all the states laws. I have also read that it is to keep people from thinking your backing down the highway at 80mph..... Red light = tail lights...

Here is the passage. It's pretty clear and can't be misinterpreted...

• Yep, red or blue lights can get you in big trouble. The cop could even go so far as to charge you with impersonating an emergency vehicle or police… A life ruining felony kind of thing. My underglow LEDs have red and blue settings I’d never use, but I had it on the aqua color setting one night, which is more green than it is blue, nowhere close to emergency colors, and a cop pulled up and suggested quite aggressively that I had better turn it off, immediately. I knew better than to get into a conversation of color semantics with someone with such a power trip chip on their shoulders.

Now I have the white “Night Rider” LED light bar in my grill. That thing has all kinds of flashing/strobing settings that I’d never use, for fear of attracting the attention of a rolling tax assessor. So, I just leave it on a slow Night Rider-style setting with the light moving back and forth. I have it hooked up to a dash switch, so if I see a cop coming, I try to switch it off. A couple police cruisers have passed with it on, without incident though. Even though it’s white, and not really flashing/strobing, I’m sure it could be made into an issue. I don’t run with it on at night though, because common sense says it could be confusing to other drivers and would attract more attention from LEOs.

• I used to sell and install LED's on motorcycles as a side business. I strongly advised against running red or blue while moving. In Illinois, the only color that can legally be visible on any moving vehicle, and from any direction, is amber. Ok, so I call my orange lights amber. It's close, isn't it? :D:D:thumbsup::thumbup::evil:

• I used to sell and install LED's on motorcycles as a side business. I strongly advised against running red or blue while moving. In Illinois, the only color that can legally be visible on any moving vehicle, and from any direction, is amber. Ok, so I call my orange lights amber. It's close, isn't it? :D:D:thumbsup::thumbup::evil:

Was your red or blue lights strobing.? Or on solid color.?

• I drive with my RGB rings set on red. I had an officer at the gas station tell me he thought they were awesome and he liked the SS. I know that I probably shouldn't do it. But from my experiences, if you're respectful and play nice, they are usually the same.

- Mateo

• Heh, I am actually going the opposite way and am trying to incorporate legit Emerg Response strobes into my Sling so I can respond with it, lol.

But then..... I can :)

The problem I am finding is that the legit ones are gaudy. I need some that are sleek and tuck away nice, but when activated, are real intense.

Question for those with the Halo's. How intense are they and would they function as an alternating Red / White ?

• I have 4 red Halos and the Knightrider red strip. Had them on for a car show and I left there quickly when it started raining, forgetting to turn them off. Had to stop on way home for an intersection accident that was clearing. I sat (first) at traffic light with about a dozen police looking at me thinking they were admiring the Sling. Fortunately none of them said anything.

• I really like the rings that I have on. You can control the strobe speed on a remote, i will take a video tonight and will paste it on here for you to see.

- Mateo

• I have red under glow that don't flash as well as red foot well LEDs. Seen by numerous state boys in NC (including passing through a traffic check) with no issues. The trooper at the traffic check asked questions about the Sling but never mentioned the lights.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Haven't had an issue with Leo yet. I try not to run red though usually white. I had my blue lights on one night coming from picking up my son from Boy Scouts and I guess my shirt was flapping causing the lights to look like they were flashing. Long story short a guy in a truck pulls up next to me and flips me off. My bad man!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I ride with my red halos on every time I go out and passed many cops and no problems. I know one day there is going to be one that wants to bust my balls about it but I'll deal with that once it gets there.Still have a new set of white angel eyes to switch to if I get hassled about the red but the red just looks damn good and I want to see how long these $20 halos last. Hey we've been known to drive these things 100 in a 55 zone so we are going to get it one way or another. :)

• Now I'm getting worried. I brought this up about the wind screens running red lights. Which are visible front and back. And the red LED that comes with it is very bright. I have it etched with the flame pattern and you basically can not see out the back with the rear view mirror. I'm thinking about connecting it to my brake light so it only lights up when stopping. Which will be even cooler than having it always lit. Surely will get your attention.

That's the back view. But the front looks the same. Nothing says fire truck like red flames coming at you.

• Trooper if you see my lit up red wind screen coming at you would that be a violation? The light is behind the driver seat or doesn't that matter?

Yes @Bigdog we would be having a conversation on side of the rode. I know what you at getting at since they are behind you but if it can been seen from the front then there is a problem.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR