Curb Rash Minus the Curb

• I am meeting with the owner tomorrow. I am going to make my case, I will be calm, and reasonable, but I will be firm. I will give him the opportunity to do the right thing and replace what his shop damaged. If he refuses, I will let him know that I will post reviews on their Facebook page, Yelp, Angie's list, Yellowpages.com and anywhere else I can think of. I will report them to the BBB. I will request those willing to support me to write letters, make phone calls, post their own reviews, etc. I will make sure he understands just how big my family here really is! I will make sure that their unwillingness to cough up the funds to make this right will cost them more in the long run.

• Bottom line if you are a insured shop with Good customer service you FIX THE ISSUE! I could never be as sane & calm as you are being. I would of lost my shit and wanted rims the day it happened, so kudos to you for holding back. Being a wheel shop don't they have the in with all kind of rim manufacturers? Seriously, if so they should let you pic a new set of rims (reasonable value), mount your wheels and walk away, I would think everyone would be happy. The shop gets rims for cost which are probably dirt cheap, you get something nice everyone moves forward....

Again Im going on the thoughts they can do this....sounds like a win for you if possible...

Curious to see what owner says???? ?(:whistling:

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• What are the recoverable limits for Small Claims Court in your area? You shouldn't need a lawyer, but I would assume the shop probably will have one. Alternatively, you could look at taking out a 1/4 or 1/2 page ad in your local community newspaper or want ads detailing how wonderful your experience has been with that shop! Might cost yo a few dollars, but think of the satisfaction of getting your story out there locally where it should do the most good.

• What are the recoverable limits for Small Claims Court in your area? You shouldn't need a lawyer, but I would assume the shop probably will have one. Alternatively, you could look at taking out a 1/4 or 1/2 page ad in your local community newspaper or want ads detailing how wonderful your experience has been with that shop! Might cost yo a few dollars, but think of the satisfaction of getting your story out there locally where it should do the most good.

That's an idea! Also makes me think about making a couple Craigslist ads. The internet can be a killer!

What bothers me is that I'm not looking to get anything out of them other than the wheels and tires I went in there with, that's all I want... nothing more and certainly nothing less!

• OK @Tripod where is that web site that you list this type of thing on? It was posted over here, are on TDS. Where you post bad businesses or products. I went to the site and checked it out at the time and I probably have it written down some where in my notes.

• I'd like to share a pretty funny story. I had a business offer me a steaming plate of scam and I responded diligently on google reviews and yelp. A week later I received a very scary cease and desist letter from a bonafide lawyer! It sounded so formal and really laid out what they planned to do! Funny thing is I happened to know that there lawyer and he was my lawyer that I use for my business transactions and rental property closings.

There was a very fun conversation that took place between the two of us.

The story ends with a call and an apology from that particular business and my reviews are still there to this day.

• I am not a disgruntled customer... I'm just a man sitting on my couch watching TV. If the place happens to get burned down... well shit happens and I guess there are just no winners in the scenario... :00007505:

Yeah, well, with this mob crowd, you probably want to make sure you have a minute-by-minute alibi for the next month or so...or until the place burns to the foundation, whichever comes first. :saint:

• I am meeting with the owner tomorrow. I am going to make my case, I will be calm, and reasonable, but I will be firm. I will give him the opportunity to do the right thing and replace what his shop damaged. If he refuses, I will let him know that I will post reviews on their Facebook page, Yelp, Angie's list, Yellowpages.com and anywhere else I can think of. I will report them to the BBB. I will request those willing to support me to write letters, make phone calls, post their own reviews, etc. I will make sure he understands just how big my family here really is! I will make sure that their unwillingness to cough up the funds to make this right will cost them more in the long run.

If it's not too late, bring the url of this thread with you and show him how many negative responses to the situation have been posted in a short period of time. Now that's made a terrible offer to you (not coming close to making you whole) it wouldn't take much to add that a full frontal attach on his company for damaging personal property will cost him many times over what a new set of wheels would. Let him decide if he wants to assume that risk and if that's going to be is final offer. if so, phone a friend. Or in this case, you've got over 900 right here at your fingertips

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE