Trip to DDM.

• Once the transition to boost is a little easier the fuel will keep up with the demand. Right now the load on the engine is just insane and it needs a huge shot of fuel to keep it happy. That is why he is having to 1/2 throttle it. If he went full throttle it would basically spool even faster and it would go super lean and then level out. However we can't have that lean condition. So I have to kinda watch it with my fat foot and limit myself to just over 430hp till my part comes in...

Thanks for waiting on this info and looking at all these post everyone.. I can't wait to do a video tomorrow of it eating the tire in 5th.

The clutch is much better so far. However I can't give it my blessing just yet. Let me drive around with it a few days.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• I think @rabtech pretty much summed it up in his posts. It was great to have the chance to experiment with the great white beast again and the new exhaust bypass really turned out very well. Basically what we did with the exhaust is to create a new bypass that is a 2.5" tube coming straight off the exhaust right after the turbo. The original 2.5" exhaust is still there and goes down to the muffler like normal, but the new bypass has a vacuum actuator on it also that fully opens with boost pressure is at 6psi or above. As boost pressure builds towards 6psi, the bypass allows the exhaust 2 paths to flow and the one path is completely open with no muffler :) . This addition helps to reduce exhaust back pressure behind the turbo and allows for faster spool of the turbo and also greater exhaust flow for potentially more power.

With this now faster spool we started to see a little bit of a lean condition upon accelerations that we are going to be working on to correct. This is happening only because we are pushing this kit way beyond what it was probably originally intended and getting to boost pressures much quicker than the kit was tuned for. We have some ideas in mind that will allow us to make some more power and also help with this transient lean condition that we will be working on to make this setup more reliable and make more power. More info on those changes will be coming later on :)

Right now, there is no faster responding turbo setup at this pressure that I have seen or driven, it is almost as responsive as a supercharger, but not quite ;) It really is a lot of fun to drive though and look forward to getting it dialed in perfect with the coming mods.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• So sexy!
    What happened to Hahn stuff?! Lol

I still have it. However I have been intrigued ever since the Alpha setup arrived. I had some issues at first and I'm over and beyond that now..So now I decided to push the Alpha to the point that it just can't go much further. It just needs a few tweaks and I think it will surprise a lot of people.

The Alpha system seems to be fine if you leave it alone and don't go getting stupid with boost. BUT I think I need to get back to the reason it was sent to me originally and get it to make some serious power reliably. It will I'm sure but it's going to take some tweaks to some hardware. Now when I say serious power I want everyone to understand I'm looking for a reliable 450hp or even higher level. Basically I want to get this puppy well into the 550ish hp range and I want it to be absolutely dialed in...

Dave has helped me tremendously achieve goals that I never thought were possible with either system. I have thought of it like a tolerance level that I have grown to expect the turbos to put out...Basically my tolerance baseline now is 450hp. I want mine to always start with at least 450hp and then I can tweak them to 500hp and even 550hp...

As far as HP numbers and Torque numbers go today we could not get it safely above 5000 rpm. It peaked out and ran to lean for our liking when it transitioned over to boost because it spools up to fast. And what y'all kept seeing in that video was Dave mashing the gas slowly to 1/2 way trying to get it to come on to boost slower so it might slide by the lean spot.... That is how fast and strong it is with 1/2 pedal.

So at 5000 RPM I had 430ft pounds of torque and a little over 400hp... NOW.... WHAT Y'ALL SAW IN THE VIDEO IS 5000 RPM. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT TORQUE AND HP CROSS AT 5250 RPM. AND HP BUILDS AS RPM RISES. So all the dyno guru mathematicians out there do the math and post back what this evil bitch will be doing when I get past the lean condition at 5000 rpm and goes on up to 6500rpm.

So there are the numbers y'all seek. I'm so happy now I could shit nickels!!!! Hell I could have shit a half dollar today when it kept lurching forward on the dyno.

Someone will post the number I'm sure as soon as they do the math for me.

Time to get back on the road and get my butt home.