Report your current weather here.

• Nothing near as exciting as SoCal but am trying to navigate this Yankee weather. It has gotten down to the high teens in coonass land but forecast for 6” of snow and 12 degree weather next week. Holy freakin crap!!! The Yankees have been very kind but the weather may drive me south soon - it’s cold up here!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Yep I would say that not all of that would buff out!

At least you and your bride are unharmed - everything else can be replaced.

Keep us posted. I am going to have to ride in the cold tomorrow since you will not be posting

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Nothing near as exciting as SoCal but am trying to navigate this Yankee weather. It has gotten down to the high teens in coonass land but forecast for 6” of snow and 12 degree weather next week. Holy freakin crap!!! The Yankees have been very kind but the weather may drive me south soon - it’s cold up here!!

Hah! I'm laughing my ass off at this! Its coming Wednesday! Enjoy, we love ya brother! What the heck did you bring us! mytoy don't forget to send the pictures of Bill shoveling the sidewalk. Nothing is free in Yankee land! Hah!

• Well our ride started like the above picture and ended with this one. I had all the nannies off in a light drizzle but a 180 spin around in a corner took care of this. Fortunately we are both fine with no issues but my sling has some slight modifications. The curb totally sheared off the rear tire. It is astounding how the rear end lost traction and just totally spun the whole vehicle around. Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside has her in the ICU now and we shall see...☹️

Wow! There aren't enough words to express how grateful my wife and I are that you guys weren't hurt and that the situation wasn't worse. Earlier today, we got a kick out of the pic you posted of your trusty mascot checking the Sling over before you set out, and now this happened. We're shocked, but more than that, happy you're alright.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• SoCal , I've experienced a wet spin as well and they are not fun! Glad you and your wife are safe and like everyone has said, Sling can be repaired or replaced... Maybe you'll be in a new 2021 or 2020...?

Sad to see that vintage metallic gray hurt... Few of those around I feel...

• Oh dang! Sure glad your both okay

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Bill you need to learn how to defend yourself..
    BettyBoopSnowballGotcha.gif

• Nice, and for all of us thanks for the info. Some things no one wants to run into. Great info and something good can come from this. The sling is unique, as a member of AAA how did they handle it? Any hassle getting the proper flat bet tow? Other info on processes?

Someone had mentioned to me in the past that when you call for a flatbed you need to get one that can handle the Corvette. I asked this of the driver and he said all the new AAA flatbeds are equipped with some kind of low feature where they can tow any car now without issues. Watching my front spoiler drag over the curb when it was being pulled up was one of those things you just have to grimace and let it happen. The area we were in was country to say the least and I’m grateful for having a cell signal. Also Google maps to show where we were was a great help.

Still on my first cuppa coffee this morning and I’m sure I will digest more on this later. I’ll kinds of emotions going through my head right now. Mostly just grateful.

Thank you all for the well wishes they are very much appreciated. We truly are a community here and in unfortunate times as well as good ones it really shows thank you

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SoCal , I've experienced a wet spin as well and they are not fun! Glad you and your wife are safe and like everyone has said, Sling can be repaired or replaced... Maybe you'll be in a new 2021 or 2020...?

Sad to see that vintage metallic gray hurt... Few of those around I feel...

Thank you but time will tell. Truth be told I want my old girl to be fixed and back in the garage as soon as possible. Like most of my toys they grow on you and in my own head develop a personality and almost like a friendship. I know where every nut bolt scratch ding and paint touch up has been on this thing. I know every mod every application and where her faults are. I’m just hopeful that what needs to be done is just a bolt on issue.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Thank you but time will tell. Truth be told I want my old girl to be fixed and back in the garage as soon as possible. Like most of my toys they grow on you and in my own head develop a personality and almost like a friendship. I know where every nut bolt scratch ding and paint touch up has been on this thing. I know every mod every application and where her faults are. I’m just hopeful that what needs to be done is just a bolt on issue.

I guess there are a few new dings you will have to become familiar with. But without seeing it up close looks like you snapped the rear axe and maybe the rear sprocket. If nothing else is bent or broken it looks like quick fix for all but cosmetics.

Hope I am close to correct

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Rear end swing arm out, possible passenger side front end, underneath??

We shall see....

SoCal I just got to this thread and man that sucks! Pay close attention to your frame when evaluating the damage. In my experience, that could be the difference between a repair and a total. I used frame damage (minimal) to total mine out when I was rear ended so I didn't end up with a branded title. I could have fixed it in Oregon where the work was done without branding the title, and would have, but I have a Washington title. I don't know the Cali rules.

I'm sooo glad you two are unscathed other than the temporary loss of your ride. I'm feeling bad with mine holed up out in my garage while it's 40 degrees and raining. I'd let you use it if I was closer. Is there a chance of getting a loaner or something? We all look forward to your travels!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• SoCal glad there were no injuries. When the steering locked up and I hit the ditch and did the flat 180 spin in the air I was lucky. There was no frame damage but it took about $5,000 labor and parts to put it back together. I paid that bill up front for the parts, so I was only out of the Sling for a little over 2 months. This was when it took forever just to get parts from Polaris. It took 4 months just to get the money from the insurance. If I had not paid up front it would have been at least 6 months to get the Sling back on the road.