LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• hey, quick question for those who have had the recall done.

Does anyone have the Alpha Hitch, and does it still fit the new Swingarm?

My guess would be yes
    Not much different with the new swing arm except 2 small reinforcements on the curved end.
    I was able to remount my Metricks fender without issue

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Just got mine back from dealer. 4 recalls done cold ride home it was 28 without windchill. And going 80 doesn't help. My dealer installed my hood bracket kit from cycle springs. They were impressed by the design and how it lets the hood open and close. I can't wait till warmer weather arrives.

• LOL, Just got a call from the dealer I purchased mine from, Coleman Power Sports in Woodbridge, VA. This is the dealer that:

a) Wouldn't negotiate on price, until I got a better quote out of state (and to be honest they matched it but told me I couldn't tell anyone); and
    b) Wanted to charge me a hundred bucks per "what I felt were warranty issues" IF THEY didn't think they were, just to diagnose them. ($100 per each item that is).

Bring it in, it'll only take 3 weeks!

Yeah right, I'm gonna have them do the recalls. LMAO!

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• LOL, Just got a call from the dealer I purchased mine from, Coleman Power Sports in Woodbridge, VA. This is the dealer that:

a) Wouldn't negotiate on price, until I got a better quote out of state (and to be honest they matched it but told me I couldn't tell anyone); and
    b) Wanted to charge me a hundred bucks per "what I felt were warranty issues" IF THEY didn't think they were, just to diagnose them. ($100 per each item that is).

Yeah right, I'm gonna have them do the recalls. LMAO!

Find a different Stealer "DEALER" :D

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• b) Wanted to charge me a hundred bucks per "what I felt were warranty issues" IF THEY didn't think they were, just to diagnose them. ($100 per each item that is).

I can understand being tough on price - that's the nature of the sale. But this - I'd have cussed out the sales manager AND the service manager for being douchebags, and walked out the door.

• This is not the first time I have heard about the dealings at Coleman Power Sports. My wife's brother, who lives in Woodbridge (Oak Farms or Farm Oaks), right up the street from Coleman, was very interested in getting a Slingshot. He went to Coleman Power Sports and was treated like street garbage. As he explained it to me, he was so put off by their poor attitude and lack of professionalism, he pulled out a fully endorsed Cashier's Check and informed the staff that he would have gladly paid full price for a brand new Sling...if he had not felt he was being treated like $#!* and not respected as a potential buyer. He went on to inform them he was glad not to have made the purchase, because he would have been concerned about service after the sale. Coleman left him with a very bad taste in the mouth towards Polaris in general. I have since talked to him. We may be going to either my Dealer here in Virginia Beach or Brewer's. I am familiar with both of these locations and trust them. I'm not selling any other Dealership short. I only know of the ones I have had dealings with.

• Crazy! I didn't purchase from Colemans, but I have heard several horror stories about their sales and service departments. I say crazy because I have attended a couple events they have thrown for SS owners and those have been top notch! Free food (and pretty damn good free food at that), organized rides, and the opportunity to meet some other SS riders. HELL!! This is where I was first reunited with my Brother from another mother, @lrobbi!

• I did immediately thanks to @ethermion and that was over a year ago.

Indeed, I was there at the time of the crime.

The deal was @DocG would drop off his beast, then I would sling him home. I'm such a nice guy, err, the Doc is such a nice guy, that I also promised to sling him up back to the dealer after the service was complete. The service dude, despite sharing my given name, was a nasty piece of feces. Perhaps a repressed memory for the Doc, but Coleman's wanted around $180 for EACH warranty claim that they deemed not proper. And they suggested that all Slings have mushy brakes, problems with steering, turn signals, non functional radios, etc.

I was so torqued that I had to flee outside the building telling myself that it was not my problem, so don't beat the service guy to a pulp. Still regret that. That dude needed a massive ass whipping. I have that power, and should have used it.

The Doc came outside and asked me my thoughts. A few weeks later the two of us were off to Tri-County in Petersburg, WV, and the rest is a story of a long cold ride on a January morning to get treated like a human and actually get things fixed. I believe that the Doc and I are the first sling owners in the world to get mushy brakes fixed. Cold as a bitch, but worth it 100%.

@Gadgeteer and I have a similar story. He needed a new sling, and was going to buy from Coleman's. I offered transport, but I also offered that Tri-County was the place to go. Gave him a phone # and name of the sales dude (Eric). Gadget dude is smart, so he met me in WV to pick up his awesome blue sling for an honest price.

Patronize Coleman's at your own peril. Not crew approved.

• Indeed, I was there at the time of the crime.
    Patronize Coleman's at your own peril. Not crew approved.

Any chance that since the time of this crime, they've seen the light and come around? It seems that recently they've not been quite as bad, and I know you and @DocG made your purchases a while back. I have no experience with them whatsoever, but I thought I had seen someone or two in the past 6 months say they had a good experience. Maybe the jackasses got ejected from the farm?

• Most of you guys are lucky..I'm down in good riding weather and I haven't been able to get any dealer to do the recalls. I went to local dealer the day I received the first notice in October. I also got on the big dealers list up in Clearwater back in November. Fruitless follow ups. Was at a car show with another Sling owner last week. He's a seasonal resident and simply drove to the Charlotte county FL. dealer and asked them about recalls. He claims they told him they plenty of swingarms and to come in next day, which he did and got all recalls done in 5 hours. I called them the next day and was told they had to order parts (because of swingarm colors--mine is bare), would be 2 months and they would call me..yeah, sure.

• Most of you guys are lucky..I'm down in good riding weather and I haven't been able to get any dealer to do the recalls. I went to local dealer the day I received the first notice in October. I also got on the big dealers list up in Clearwater back in November. Fruitless follow ups. Was at a car show with another Sling owner last week. He's a seasonal resident and simply drove to the Charlotte county FL. dealer and asked them about recalls. He claims they told him they plenty of swingarms and to come in next day, which he did and got all recalls done in 5 hours. I called them the next day and was told they had to order parts (because of swingarm colors--mine is bare), would be 2 months and they would call me..yeah, sure.

Looks like I'm headed up to charlotte county.

• K2--it's recalls, they all take VIN, look up recalls and say don't call us we'll call you. (the point on riding weather is that many Slings up north are squirreled away till spring while we're using ours down south). Powersport dealers really need to take a page from car dealers when it comes to service.
    StreetDoc--you may as well use Naples powersports, Destination (Charlotte county) is no different than the rest of them. The one seasonal owner simply got lucky as he showed up just when they got a red swing arm in. Some of us put names on lists and wait for months for a call that'll never come. I don't believe in all the years I've bought 4 wheelers, motorcycles, etc..I've ever had a promised call back from dealers. We have to keep calling and/or show up. Not much different from when Slings first came out. Many were on long lists waiting for Slings to arrive while others just walked in and purchased.