LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Just got back from the dealer. My swing arm and fuel lines are in. Only problem is my concrete pad in front of my garage is being torn out and a complete driveway is being installed. Can't get my SS out of the garage! ;( However, they are letting me take the swing arm to get it painted before the install. :thumbup: I have a question for anyone about G2 caliper paint. Could I use that on my swing arm and just paint it myself. If it works on brake calipers I would think it would work on the swing arm. :?:

• See it's slowly happening but we'll all get there. I left dealer earlier today they had done all the recalls I was pretty surprised they got right to it dropped it off yesterday afternoon. When I left the dealer the loctite still had a couple more hours of sitting had them look into the steering and see if there were any updates. And the swingarm seems to be exactly the same the tech at the dealer thinks the only thing that changed is the material that the swingarm is made of but glad to be off the recall list for now. Hope to see the same results for the rest of you guys soon enough

• BKL wrote:Unfortunately, you have now been introduced to Polaris Corporate's typical Customer Dis-service treatment.
    [/quote]Ha ha!!
    I've already seen that, even before I purchased it.

I had an interesting conversation with Polaris Britain, trying to ask them, through marketing/customer svs. what parts were needed to add the complete "US headlight assembly" to a Canadian/EU model SlingShot.......
    1. Polaris said "We don't deal directly with customer's questions like that..... Ask a UK SlingShot dealer."
    2. So, I asked a UK SlingShot dealer, the same question.
    3. The dealer then asked Polaris Britain.
    4. Polaris Britain then asked the dealer "What are the part numbers?"
    5. The dealer then had to ask me. "What are the part numbers?"
    6. - I think that was what I was asking of them in the first place - (OK a little British sarcasm for you all)

I've ridden a Polaris motorcycle for over 7 years now. It is absolutely wonderful!
    They never had that sort of problem in the early days. You could just talk to the technical dep and ask a technical question and get a straight & direct answer.
    With all of this now it all becomes "Chinese Whispers." The same guy, at Polaris still has to answer the question, (even when it becomes the wrong question).
    However, he now can't do his job properly as, by the time he is asked, he isn't asked the same dam thing.

Nobody wins!!!

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 6 times, last by UK_Paul: Changing gamma and adding additional notes. ().

• Final days of our end of year/New Years sale. Don't miss out on the discounts. Don't forget we will beat all competitors advertised prices. Take a look at the website or give Slingshot Jimmy a call at 727-771-1211 for the best price guaranteed.

• Hm.. lets start with I like Slingshotonly.com and so far all my parts have been purchased from there.

However an advertising post in a thread like this should be considered spamming....

Not trying to offend anyone or ruffle anyone's feathers(hell i don't even know the ToS of the forums) but vendors hijacking threads should be against ToS.

Another example was the hijack in the gullwing top thread by a different vendor.

If i am the only person that this type of thing bothers then carry on.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Wasn't trying to offend anyone. We are trying to help all of the slingshot owners with not only accessories but warranty issues as well. We go to the events and work on these daily and as you can see are on the forums daily trying to help answer questions and help with issues. Note taken on our end Neosolidus. A large majority of the members are always calling us asking us to let them know when anything sales/info is going on and this is the easiest way to let everyone know.

We hope everyone is getting the recalls done and we are always open to call and speak with to help get these recalls taken care of.

• I thought it, but @Neosolidus said it...

Either way, honest mistake...

Any who... I'm getting my recalls done on the week of the 24th if all goes planned... Those in Houston, Mancuso North rocks! Ask for Kevin (service manager) and say Dana referred you, @DKF Texas.

I did and was treated like royalty so they must know what most of us know, that Dana is a goddess!

Thanks Dana! :love:

Ex-nay on the painted swingarm though... Kevin said it could bring liability issues and he needed to ask if possible with higher ups, so I just said whatever, probably don't have the money for it anyway! :D

• No, you're not the only one. Thanks for speaking up.

• Looking at the swingarm is there a way to tell the new from the old ?

Nothing I could see that jumped out other than maybe the color / texture may be a little different
    and it comes with the double locking nut on the axel.
    Now I tried to word that in a way that @Tripod couldn't run with it -- but I m sure he will find a way

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Mine went in this morning... see how long it takes them. They're going to have to deal with the Metrix Fender so I'm waiting to see what they say about that. Hopefully they'll just take care of it. Service manager estimated about 4 hours to complete. :thumbsup: