LATEST RECALL INFO. YOU WILL RECEIVE A CUSTOM VERSION OF THIS LETTER SOON IF YOU ARE AFFECTED.

• Mine is going to the dealer tomorrow for all four recalls. About a 45 minute ride, weather is supposed to be sunny and low 70's. Picking up on Monday night. Gonna be a chilly ride home, about 40 degrees. :/

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• My "demo" slingshot was going to be delivered in the beginning of march.
    But now I just got an email that it will be later due to the recall but they don't know when.
    I'm a bit confused because when I enter the vin on Polaris' recall website it states that all 3 recalls have been applied

• Something is fishy there, I would go there and show them that, also write down the miles on it, you wouldn't want them using your bike as a demo any longer.

Sounds far fetched but some dealers a shady as hell.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My "demo" slingshot was going to be delivered in the beginning of march.
    But now I just got an email that it will be later due to the recall but they don't know when.
    I'm a bit confused because when I enter the vin on Polaris' recall website it states that all 3 recalls have been applied

It is my understanding dealers are required to complete the recalls on all showroom units (which I believe would include demo units) before they are allowed to even do a single customer unit ....

I would agree ....

EDIT: Also a "Stop Sale" prevents them from even writing a sales order on any unit that has not had the recalls performed ...... did they put you under contract for the "demo" .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I've bought it in december so they knew everything about the recalls and yes there is a signed "order".
    But now they sent me the "stop sale" note and say they are still waiting on the replacement parts and can not deliver it before all the recalls are applied.
    Hope there are coming some parts to Europe soon :(

• Picked up my SS today from Coleman Powersports. Recall and warranty rear angle drive leak done. I must say like the others, didn't realize how loose my steering was until after the recall. And the brakes are really good now. I didn't mind them before, but now is a difference. Only complaint, and it is way minor, was the tech left all three of the rubber caps off the brake bleed nipples, but at least I know they were bled. Other than that, very pleased.
    [/quote]

• My swingarm, along with a ton of others, is somewhere enroute to Auburn, CA.- for the last 1 1/2 weeks. (Know this for fact, as I caught a glance of the copy of Mothership invoice, so this is not dealer BS.) I plan on letting them do a few other slings before mine- don't want to be the guinea pig, but don't want to wait until the last- when they can do blind-folded, and forget to pay attention. Doesn't bother me, as the swing arm hasn't broken, (shows no stress), the fuel line is fine, and the brakes suck! Totally used to double-braking. Will talk them into their demo, if they have to keep it overnight, so I won't miss any decent riding weather- That's Right- FINALLY stopped raining out here, and some of the twisty roads in hill country are being repaired and re-opened- one of my favorites, thru Indian land, opened late last week. Plan on trying tomorrow or Friday- real slow on the first run, to make sure rock slides are cleared!

• Well, they still can't figure out why my power shuts off in hard right turns since the recall. Speed sensors were not the answer. They are discussing with Polaris. Hope it gets fixed soon. Very disconcerting when you turn hard right and power drops, speedo drops to zero, radio fades. Comes right back on when I straighten up.

• The reverse switch on my SS made the radio to do some weird stuff. Just a though but would the power wire to the switch hitting a ground cause some weird stuff to go on with the circuits that you are talking about. Smarter minds need to think on this one. It almost has to be a grounding problem (a bare wire hitting ground on the right turns) Just a thought. For that matter it could be any of the signal wires. (it is 5 volts isn't it?)

• Well, they still can't figure out why my power shuts off in hard right turns since the recall. Speed sensors were not the answer. They are discussing with Polaris. Hope it gets fixed soon. Very disconcerting when you turn hard right and power drops, speedo drops to zero, radio fades. Comes right back on when I straighten up.

I remember reading several posts about a loose ground cable from the battery to the frame. My ground was loose as well. Only problem I had was the Sling wouldn't start one day tightened it up and fine ever since. :thumbsup:

Just stop making hard right turns!!

Sincerely,
    Polaris Representative

Bad main bearing on the wheel side, there is no way to check this until disassembly. The speed sensor picks up the magnetic locations in the magnetic ring. The ring is dislodged from the bearing and on a hard right turn it pushes on the ring causing the ring not to rotate. The sensor reads the intermittent signals and cuts out. When this continues to wear it will happen on every right turn. My guess is the bearing was damaged in assembly. This happened to mine, replaced the bearing and solved the issue.