SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • Had a blast! Met several great people and sorry I didn't get to meet some of the regulars who are on here. Didn't care much for the rain, but had to happen some time! Especially grateful for comments of some on the group rides who discovered the little ole lady could keep up pretty well! I'm sure there were those who cringed. God willing, Slingshots Across America is next!

@adventure4me - was so glad to have a few minutes to talk to you - wish it had been longer! You ROCK, and are sure no 'little ole lady' in my book! I think you might have been the coolest female there (and there were several cool ones!) Keep 'em rolling, and if you ever get to northern Alabama stop in for a visit - we'd love to ride with you any day! @BigRedSS and I will gather up @Guardian_Angel and @airoutlaw and show you around!

• we counted about 140 in the parade alone so I know there had to be more....
    Had a great time meeting most of you for the first time. Amazed to see the scope of people that love the SlingShot. This is great news for all of us.
    @Nemesis1701 soooo very sorry we didn't get to meet but I guess it proves the Enterprise is far more reliable than the X-wing.
    @Painter and @WOLF your kind words made my weekend.. can't say enough.
    @Guardian_Angel great meeting up and maybe next year a little less on the adult drinks, joking it's all about a good time. We need to find a way to screw with @Tripod but that may have been a poor choice of words.
    @rabtech the look on your face when the info was provided regarding new mapping tricks - priceless
    @MACAWS cant thank you enough for the freebies.... they will be put to good use.
    @Bill Martin thank God your SlingShot looks so good because you need all the help you can get... :D .. joking aside great to finally meet you and keeping me inspired.
    It was also a pleasure getting to meet all those running in the pack. @Cameron Roberts and @Tango your rides are truly one of a kinds. Tango we should discuss some rear down force ideas because your sweet ride looks like the perfect candidate.
    @kenny_h.. looking forward to GA and July.

For all the others so sorry as I tried to meet as many as I could. I'll just have to do better next year.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• BUT the winner is CLEARLY on the left in this picture. I think IF we all dig deep in our hearts we would have to pick the "original" real deal POLARIS SLINGSHOT!

We all know that matte white snow colored Slingshots are the fastest and clearly the show winner! Lol,,,, just kidding.

ARE YOU SEEING THIS PHIL!!!!!!!! :00008040::00008040::00008040::00008040::00008040::00008040::00008040::00008172:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Well that was really amazing. We are about to cross in to Virginia on the eastern side of North Carolina. We ran ahead of the storm the entire way so far. Thank you everyone for the wonderful time.

On a side note I was personally impressed by everyone driving slowly and defensively on those bonkers mountain roads. It's nice to see such restraint.

• Well that was really amazing. We are about to cross in to Virginia on the eastern side of North Carolina. We ran ahead of the storm the entire way so far. Thank you everyone for the wonderful time.

On a side note I was personally impressed by everyone driving slowly and defensively on those bonkers mountain roads. It's nice to see such restraint.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Got home at noon and by 2 the Sling was already cleaned up and ready for tomorrow. It was a fantastic week of riding and meeting everyone. I am still working (trying to remember) on a list of everyone I met. Thanks everyone, we all made the event that Ivor put on for us work. SSITS 16 is a wrap

• Lots of you finally got to meet my bride during the rally. She asked me to tell all of you how much she enjoyed meeting all you guys & gals. For those of you telling me she is keeping me alive (lol) I dug this out of the ancient history vault and thought I would let ya see why I chased her like a hound chases a rabbit.....and still do

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Lots of you finally got to meet my bride during the rally. She asked me to tell all of you how much she enjoyed meeting all you guys & gals. For those of you telling me she is keeping me alive (lol) I dug this out of the ancient history vault and thought I would let ya see why I chased her like a hound chases a rabbit.....and still do

Bill it was a pleasure finally catching up with you and your wonderful better half. I look forward to it again but next time alcohol has to be involved. Spud

• Got home at 10 pm last night. Great week. After having Bill Hahn install the QA1s and Alpha installing the side exit exhaust, all the corners felt great and after 14 hours getting back, I could hear! :D I was thinking I might never hear again after the 13 hours getting there. Took longer to get home because of all the rain. Oh, and my ticket on the Tail! My proof of riding the Tail of the Dragon!!! LEO was great! Thanked me for my service and gave me a warning ticket for 47 in a 30. It was actually a 20 mph turn but he said he would have to make it a real ticket if he put 20. I was extremely excited I could make the turn without issue with the new shocks. :00008643: Thanks @billhahn !!!
    And Bill Martin, tell Angie I said you are a lucky man :evil: Looking forward to Eureka!