Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Edward Neal yup 92 according to the SS 🙂

Look what was in the motorcycle parking next to me when we left!

oh yea, I believe 92 on the SS gauge - mine often reads higher that what the weather reports not sure if the weather was just cooler at the station the weather people use of if the ss is off - - actually I have often been amazed at how much the temp will go up and down on the drive between here and my work I often see 10 degree swings up and down and back up on my drive and thats been true in every vehicle I have had, not just the slingshot

anyway looks like you guys had a good ride

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bread, butter, bologna, mayo and mustard. Chips and donuts. Two cans of pop. Of we go to a little park next to a pond in "downtown" Waucoma, IA. Population 246.

The Mrs is in the gazebo, eating while I wander around.

The view across the street from the park. I love these little old Iowa towns. Clean and safe. The house has got to be over 100 years old and looks like it was just built. Thankfully, there are people who respect old things and preserve them for the rest of us. Check out the two flags on the telephone pole. Small town USA. Notice the windmill in the background. That's on a farm. That's how close we are to the cornfields. The sand? Road work. We have two seasons, winter and road work.

I sa 90 degrees a couple of times on the Sling's thermometer readout. Makes that corn GROW.

• Took a ride to Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst. About 35 mi. one way. I do a commissary run every few months to fill up the freezers. Got turned away at the gate. Base Commander wasn't allowing retirees on base! Protecting us old folks from the virous. Anyone in the military knows its pointless to argue with an MP. He was polite and so was I. Just doing his job. I smiled and turned around, I was fine, it gave me a reason to go out on such a nice day. I'll go another time. I did stop at a American Legion just off base to snap a picture.

• Took a ride to Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst. About 35 mi. one way. I do a commissary run every few months to fill up the freezers. Got turned away at the gate. Base Commander wasn't allowing retirees on base! Protecting us old folks from the virous. Anyone in the military knows its pointless to argue with an MP. He was polite and so was I. Just doing his job. I smiled and turned around, I was fine, it gave me a reason to go out on such a nice day. I'll go another time. I did stop at a American Legion just off base to snap a picture.

Sometimes it's OK to go for ICE CREAM in the Slingshot even if you know the store is closed.....

I visited Fort Dix once... attended Army Basic Training there in June, 1983... 😉

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Nice! Those visits (basic training) produce great memories! :) Not sure what was there in 1983 but much of the base has changed over the last few years.

In 1983, Dix was an active post, then, some years later, it became an Army Reserve Training Center. I have no idea what it is today, but yes, some of my fondest memories of the past are where my Army career began. 🇺🇸

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• In 1983, Dix was an active post, then, some years later, it became an Army Reserve Training Center. I have no idea what it is today, but yes, some of my fondest memories of the past are where my Army career began. 🇺🇸

Still very much used. It's mainly Army Support. Specialized training detachments. Military prison is still there. :thumbup:

• Did a little driving around town over the weekend with my son-in law - He loved the SS. But sorta of a sad weekend too - I sold my beloved 05 GW Trike. Had her for 8 years, but with the SS (and my 2000 Honda Valkyrie), I hardly ever rode it, so I hope the new owner has as much joy with it as I did. At least I got what I was asking for it with no negotiations from the new owner.

• Traded our 2005 GW trike in on the SlingShot. Even with a moveable back rest, my back couldn't take more than an hour or so. The Sling is a lot easier to adjust to, and to move around to find a better position.

• Nope. Won't even have parts until Friday. I informed dealer that I would not be calling to check and not to call me. I pass by there every Tuesday on my way home and I will be stopping in for a face to face State of the Union and reminding them of how many days I have been without my Sling. I don't want to rush them or pressure them. I would prefer to get it back this time and not have to tow it back. I hope I have much better luck than Ruptured Duck had with this problem. From what I've read, he was down 21 days.X(;(:( :cursing:I'm tough. I'll make it. 8o

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• To the end of the driveway & no further. Here in South Jersey the pollen season and the green film is coming to an end. I decided to clean the "Black & Blue brigade" inside and out.

• To the end of the driveway & no further. Here in South Jersey the pollen season and the green film is coming to an end. I decided to clean the "Black & Blue brigade" inside and out.

Ah, yes, the dreaded green film. I'd forgotten all about that... lol The B&B brigade looks great!