Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• I been to the commissary once since I retired in 86. To many shoppers and long check out lines. You have to follow the arrows on the floor going down the isles. Prices are not that good then they add a surcharge when you check out. I only live 30 miles from NAS Jacksonville but only been there less then a half dozen time since I retired. Four of those were to get hearing aids.

I used to set on the NC5 at night in Da Nang waiting on our bird to come home and watch those F4 taking off and hitting afterburners. Yes they were impressive.

This was the first time I visited a military commissary in two years. When covid hit the base commander wouldn't allow retiree's on base. Yeah, those lines were a pain, combined with the surcharge and tipping the baggers it wasn't that much of a deal. McGuire did some updating. Really convenient with many self checkout lines. If you have a retired I.D. card all you need to do is scan it at the self checkout and it will accept. No need to register prior (that includes the whole process) it's automatic.

Prices on many things are actually a bit higher but in general meats are a little better. Lucky for me it's a nice ride and a good excuse for a ride. :)

• Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst to visit the commissary and purchase some food. It's even crazy expensive there. A picture of my favorite aircraft of all time, F-4, they shook the ground when taking off and a KC-135 E model. Couldn't get the sling in the picture, no parking.

Grissom Air Base/Museum in Indiana is a great place for pictures. Several times we have had the opportunity to bring our Gold Wings and another two times the Slingshots and drive onto the grounds and park under the wing for pictures. With advance notice you can get clearance to do so.

Lots of planes at this location.

• OK this is the first time I’ve really put Maps into my computer then my phone then download them into the sling shot. How come my ride plan from my phone and computer is different from the one that gets down loaded into my Sling? My first destination to the Ubhebe crater my Ride Command wants me to go to Mexico first 🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• OK this is the first time I’ve really put Maps into my computer then my phone then download them into the sling shot. How come my ride plan from my phone and computer is different from the one that gets down loaded into my Sling? My first destination to the Ubhebe crater my Ride Command wants me to go to Mexico first 🤪

perhaps its because "avoid Highways" is selected - - either that or its just another Polaris glitch

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I'm just OLD enough to 'paper map' everything.....I will use the GPS for live time but never program it to take me anywhere.... Just OLD school.

• Wait w can put a route into ride command????? Lol newbie here

apparently you can, but only if you want to go by way of Mexico 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

From what I have learned even using Garmin Gps's a lot, the problem is because the maps are different. One usually has a road that another does not and so on. Also, different systems use different methods to calculate, shortest, fastest, scenic and avoidances. If you built the map using the Polaris web site and have the most current maps that Polaris provides, then there should be no difference.

I saved a .GPX file the other day from Garmin Basecamp software and loaded it onto my Polaris and the route was no where near the same as it was in the Basecamp software. Then I did the same route using the Polaris Web site...and it was a perfect match.

https://ridecommand.slingshot.polaris.com/en-us/map

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Pick up the tequila first then the party!

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Short run south of Green Cove Springs, Florida today. An unexpected trip to urgent care this morning delayed us by about 3 hours. Beautiful spring weather in Florida, not a cloud in the sky and temps in the low 70s.

Never caught up with the Vanderhall's owner, but ran into the owner of the beautiful jade green Grand Touring SS with color matched Corbin hard bags. Hadn't crossed paths with him in almost 20 years. Small world!

• Took a nice little ride with just a few friends. About 450 miles round trip, 35+ Slingshots, 50+ motorcycles and other 3 wheelers.

Gotta luv dealer support (Alamo Cycle Plex). He paid for everyone's lunch at the Town House Restaurant in Uvalde.

Of course, he also just bought a new Ferrari so maybe we need to talk about his shop rates . . . .