Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Took the Sling out for a 181 mile ride down to Oro Valley and the Marana AZ. I had not been down that way since long before I lived in AZ way back in like 1993. Temps were in the mid to upper 60's. Stopped off on the return trip and had a nice dinner with some biker friends. Made for a great day.:thumbsup:

• Had to move my Slingshot from one shop to another today and it was so frigging mild and sunny here today , I decided to dawn the sledding helmet and take her out for one last spin, there was enough slush and snow available in places to make it fun for the Plus 1 Quad Kit.

Any day when it's a couple degrees above freezing for us Northeners this time of year, it's like a beautiful spring day to us and we get stupid,,, or is it stupider ?

• 4 to 8 inches of snow coming tomorrow. 20 to 3 mph winds. Gassed up the blower last week. Looks like I'll have to use it, but I'll wait until Wednesday. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to blow snow in the middle of a blizzard.

• Flying W Airport South Jersey. Typically I'm a middle of the road guy. With the DDMWorks supper charger on the way I'm upping my game to 92 octane. Burning off the second tank before the install. Not a bad day temps about 50 deg.

• So, took aEvilBook group (CapCity Slingz) out for a ride. This was the plan (driving counter-clockwise from the top-right):

We actually started from the Pistons at the Park car show in Austin (instead of HEB, but doesn't matter for this story). You name it, EVERY kind of car was here.

Headed off to Volente Beach. 1/2 way there, a couple slings turn back. Someone had left their phone on the roof and it flew off (I won't use his real name, let's just call him "Nick" - important later in the story). No pics of that, but the rest of us had to wait for them to catch up. Finished Volente Beach then hit Cow Creek Road.

From there headed into Marble Falls and had lunch at the Double Horn Brewing Company for burgers and beer. Lunch took much longer than expected - 2 hrs, but it was a good time.

Headed out along the south back of the lake, then turned left on Hwy 962. Now, I had told everyone that I planned on making this section a little bit faster. I won't say the speed I hit, but lets just say I wouldn't have gotten a ticket. But then Nick (Yes, same person as phone) decided I wasn't going fast enough and passed me. No sooner got about 100 ft in front of me when BOOM - WHITE SMOKE. He coasted it to a safe stop and we pulled over.

(Wanna guess which SS blew a turbo? Dave@DDMWorks and Angie@DDMWorks, you're going to get a phone call from "Nick" to see what it will take to repair.)

So I headed home to grab my trailer. Got him loaded up and back to his house about 930pm.

BTW, look at the map: My house is in Georgetown in the upper right corner of the map. He blew up about 1/2 mile west of Hwy 281 in Round Mountain - pretty much as far away from my house that he could be. It was a 2-1/2 hr trip just for me to drive home, get the truck & trailer, and drive back.

This was me putting the trailer away after everything. Was too busy driving and loading/unloading to get pics of the SS in the trailer. Perhaps the EvilBook friends will post more pics that I can steal and show here. I do want to say thank you to all of them for staying around with Nick to make sure we got everything loaded.

Nick - Sorry about your phone and turbo. We'll see you again soon.

BTW, Can't make this up: We were literally strapping down the SS down inside the trailer when a tow truck rolls up asking if we needed help. Where was he 3 hrs earlier?!?!

• Sorry to hear about "Nick's" engine, but we will be happy to help him out with his Stage 2 turbo setup and figure out what happened, awesome group though to help everyone out like that!

• Sorry to hear about "Nick's" engine, but we will be happy to help him out with his Stage 2 turbo setup and figure out what happened, awesome group though to help everyone out like that!

I have a stock LE motor with around 10K on it - I would be willing to part with it if it helps you guys out. I would recommend one of Dave built hot rod motors but if you need to save some coin let me know and w can work something out.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!