New approach for a SlingShot top...

• @KayTwo bill and Mitch were the first two I consulted regarding the top. That's going on a year and a half. This was the first thing I started working on when I got the SS. Lots of stuff have gotten in the way to getting it made. Bobby was the first person that saw it in person and said he was in so that's how it lined up. I stressing just to get these guys something.
    Best case would be at SSITS with pre-production top, maybe two test tops for the boys and starting to take orders.

@Ruptured Duck, I get it, I really do. I'm just busting balls this morning. But I've had my own business, I understand all about wanting to get it right the first time. No worries, work your timeline as you need to, it's your baby and you have to work it at your speed.

That being said, don't forget the support you have around you. Speaking only for @sideseatdriver and myself, we prefer to support the small business owners, since we have both been there. We also have huge respect for your skill and vision, and massive faith in your ability to go from design to finished product. We both recognize that we are a bit of an acquired taste, and having never met either of us, you're probably like "What is up with these two clowns?" Completely understandable, I sometimes look in the mirror and say the same thing. But we are excited for you to venture into this world of business ownership, and we're excited to see what you come up with. Nothing but love and support here, man. And the occasional ball busting.

:D:P

• Will the colored tops/mesh tops be able to be purchased by themselves? I mean when we all buy your initial top and make you famous and incredibly wealthy, will the follow on options be able to fit the original frame?

Yes this would seal the deal for me, hell i will preorder it right now before i even take delivery of my slingshot, the ability of being able to change the top fabric/mesh/color as an upgrade later on would seal the deal and not make me feel that i need to wait just for aesthetics purposes.

This top is exactly what i want for the slingshot offers sun protection for long rides but can be off easily when riding locally in nice weather.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Hey, I can do high-G testing. Just ask my wife! :00008172:
    But, yeah, I get it.... @Bill Martin, Bobby, and Mitch should probably get theirs first. They have a lot more experience, and more equity in the community.... and being that they're so advanced in years, fewer good riding days left than the rest of us, so they should be allowed to ride in comfort all their remaining days. :00008356::00008172::00008356::00008172:
    :00002501:

Don't mess with old folks

:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @DKF Texas thank you. The image shows the 8" prototype version. I have used it and can pack a weekends worth of clothes in the two bags easily. Going with a 10" round final design. Because it's not that muck bigger overall but helps a little if there are two if you.
    The bags will also have two grab handles to carry them.

Im current getting revised final cost.

If say you had a Windrestrictor on would these bags possibly attach to the side behind the fenders?

• If say you had a Windrestrictor on would these bags possibly attach to the side behind the fenders?

i had tried them in several spots until settling on the current location. All other spots tended to rub on the plastic causing scuffing. Driving in the rain and dirt getting caught between the bag and the plastic was like sandpaper. There is one other spot I will explore further if these sell well. It would be located just under the rear taillights off the the sides. To mount these you do need to be able to loop around the hoops.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• i had tried them in several spots until settling on the current location. All other spots tended to rub on the plastic causing scuffing. Driving in the rain and dirt getting caught between the bag and the plastic was like sandpaper. There is one other spot I will explore further if these sell well. It would be located just under the rear taillights off the the sides. To mount these you do need to be able to loop around the hoops.

It may still work...if I move the Windrestrictor in front of the roll bars....there is about a cm of open air

• It may still work...if I move the Windrestrictor in front of the roll bars....there is about a cm of open air

1cm should be enough of a gap. The Velcro strap is about 4-5mm thick so fishing it past the Windrestrictor might just work for you! :00008674:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Hey, I can do high-G testing. Just ask my wife! :00008172:
    But, yeah, I get it.... @Bill Martin, Bobby, and Mitch should probably get theirs first. They have a lot more experience, and more equity in the community.... and being that they're so advanced in years, fewer good riding days left than the rest of us, so they should be allowed to ride in comfort all their remaining days. :00008356::00008172::00008356::00008172:
    :00002501:

Now Now are you jumping on the old age band wagon also?

• working on it guys. Working with shops to get cost down. Met with my tube guy today to try and get cost quoted out.
    Frame will be 7/8" anodized aluminum tubing to keep weight way down.

Had a eureka moment the other night that dramatically reduces fabricated parts, installation time and improved basic looks.
    Had to do a happy dance in the garage. Yes the garage door was open, and yes my neighbor saw me and had a puzzled look on his face.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• working on it guys. Working with shops to get cost down. Met with my tube guy today to try and get cost quoted out.
    Frame will be 7/8" anodized aluminum tubing to keep weight way down.

Had a eureka moment the other night that dramatically reduces fabricated parts, installation time and improved basic looks.
    Had to do a happy dance in the garage. Yes the garage door was open, and yes my neighbor saw me and had a puzzled look on his face.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

• Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

well smarty-pants I do plan on making the revised arms this weekend for full testing so maybe you will just get your wish. Then again keeping details under wraps until officially released would be smarter.

(Slingshot Owners Group)