New approach for a SlingShot top...

• @KayTwo you can be after us on this one. I have to say I have already held the prototype in my hand and I promise it will be worth the wait. I have seen it in action.... It is what the "anti-top" people will like. When it's off you really can't tell that it even bolts to the SS.. And when it's bolted on its rock solid and you will say "how come I didn't think of that"....

• It's been some time but the buisness is starting to come around. The top want be the first item. If all goes well I'll be bringing some very easy to use water proof travel bags to market. They will be reasonable priced and easily installed and removed from the rear hoops. They are collapsible and can easily stored in the rear storage areas. The image shows the 8" X 20" prototype. Production will more than likely be 10" round.
    The other image shows my best gift for Christmas. Honestly have the buisness in Tina's name for many good reasons.
    :00000441:

I like that bag! Not to big not to small

• @Neosolidus it will be something to look into when the top sells well. All investment will be to the original design first. Other colored tops along with mesh covers are planned hinged on its success.

Frames may be a special order item. There are very few exposed frame components so more than likely it would just be the front arms.

@MiM thank you. I'm trying.... Believe me, I want this more than any of you guys.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Hey! All y'all better not be cutting the line for first dibs on that top! Back of the bus! I've been whining the longest! :00008172::00008356::00008172::00008356:

sorry.... There is Bill, then Bobby and then Mitch if he still interested.

Besides I need @rabtech to be doing high G load testing from on the top before a feel comfortable handing it over to the rest of us... :P

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Neosolidus it will be something to look into when the top sells well. All investment will be to the original design first. Other colored tops along with mesh covers are planned hinged on its success.

Will the colored tops/mesh tops be able to be purchased by themselves? I mean when we all buy your initial top and make you famous and incredibly wealthy, will the follow on options be able to fit the original frame?

Just curious. And now that you are business license official, can you take preorders?

• @DKF Texas thank you. The image shows the 8" prototype version. I have used it and can pack a weekends worth of clothes in the two bags easily. Going with a 10" round final design. Because it's not that muck bigger overall but helps a little if there are two if you.
    The bags will also have two grab handles to carry them.

Im current getting revised final cost.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @DKF Texas thank you. The image shows the 8" prototype version. I have used it and can pack a weekends worth of clothes in the two bags easily. Going with a 10" round final design. Because it's not that muck bigger overall but helps a little if there are two if you.
    The bags will also have two grab handles to carry them.

Im current getting revised final cost.

What material did you go with for the bags? Are they waterproof/water resistant to 3m?

• Will the colored tops/mesh tops be able to be purchased by themselves? I mean when we all buy your initial top and make you famous and incredibly wealthy, will the follow on options be able to fit the original frame?
    Just curious. And now that you are business license official, can you take preorders?

the plan will be to try and keep everything interchangeable after release. It's very important to get it correct the first time. The first buyers should not suffer if something had to be changed after the fact. That was the long answer. Short answer is yes you will be able to swap tops out. Just like you can do with Jeep tops.

As for preorders I have said it before. I will only do this when I am in production or just starting it. I will not take money and then have delays or worst something happens and I'm unable to deliver. The friendships here are worth far more than any limited success.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• What material did you go with for the bags? Are they waterproof/water resistant to 3m?

the bags are water resistant. I'm teaming up with a manufacture who has a complete line of these products for Jeeps and other vehicles. The SlingShot products will be an exclusive item for me. It may or may not be co-branded. I'll PM you more info if you need it. They are not diving bags.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• the plan will be to try and keep everything interchangeable after release. It's very important to get it correct the first time. The first buyers should not suffer if something had to be changed after the fact. That was the long answer. Short answer is yes you will be able to swap tops out. Just like you can do with Jeep tops.
    As for preorders I have said it before. I will only do this when I am in production or just starting it. I will not take money and then have delays or worst something happens and I'm unable to deliver. The friendships here are worth far more than any limited success.

(starts pouting, and tucks credit card back into wallet) That sounds great, on all levels. To be honest, I'd rather preorder and help with the funding (like a kickstarter project) knowing that the project may fall through just to support you in your endeavor. I know that would probably put more unneeded pressure on you, so I understand your unwillingness, but I think you might be surprised at the number of people who want to help you just to see what your magically creative brain can develop. We want to give because that's what friends do - we support each other.

• sorry.... There is Bill, then Bobby and then Mitch if he still interested.
    Besides I need @rabtech to be doing high G load testing from on the top before a feel comfortable handing it over to the rest of us... :P

Hey, I can do high-G testing. Just ask my wife! :00008172:

But, yeah, I get it.... @Bill Martin, Bobby, and Mitch should probably get theirs first. They have a lot more experience, and more equity in the community.... and being that they're so advanced in years, fewer good riding days left than the rest of us, so they should be allowed to ride in comfort all their remaining days. :00008356::00008172::00008356::00008172:
    :00002501:

• the bags are water resistant. I'm teaming up with a manufacture who has a complete line of these products for Jeeps and other vehicles. The SlingShot products will be an exclusive item for me. It may or may not be co-branded. I'll PM you more info if you need it. They are not diving bags.

Yeah, I was mostly being a smartass on the water depth - it seems everything is becoming water resistant to a depth of 3m these days.

When you get the final price and dimensions, I will be standing by for all the info you can provide.

• @KayTwo bill and Mitch were the first two I consulted regarding the top. That's going on a year and a half. This was the first thing I started working on when I got the SS. Lots of stuff have gotten in the way to getting it made. Bobby was the first person that saw it in person and said he was in so that's how it lined up. I stressing just to get these guys something.
    Best case would be at SSITS with pre-production top, maybe two test tops for the boys and starting to take orders.

(Slingshot Owners Group)