New approach for a SlingShot top...

• I do have to rework the rear cross bar and determine if one universal bar can be used for all SS (with and without new tapped holes in hoops).

I'll post pictures just to keep you guys entertained and hopefully a little less pissed at me for being so slow.

Also, don't let @scootertrash off so easy. his trailer concept for pulling the SS is genuinely innovative. Maybe he will find away to get it to the masses in a way that doesn't screw up his kick ass retirement.

No one really cares about those uppity 2017 dudes....just as long as it's compatible with the 2016.5s! :thumbsup:

We're not pissed, man, just fidgety. No sweat. But pictures would be really cool!

I do recall harassing @scootertrash in his thread about his tow dolly, not too long ago. Couldn't remember what thread I put that in, off the top of my head, but would love to see that on the market as well. That's another little gem I'd snap up in a heartbeat.

• @Ruptured Duck, I really don't think we are upset or pissed at you because you have not released anything on your top. I along with others am patiently waiting and hopeful it becomes reality. Thank you for the update.

@mniron I know... I am really pissed off at myself more than anything.
    Debated revealing it so early. Figured it was best to get it out and the origins were known.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Well, i'll be honest, @Ruptured Duck, patience isn't my strongest trait, but you know we are just giving you grief. You have a phenomenal design, and we are all happy to wait a bit longer ( except @Bill Martin, but nobody likes him anyways ;) ).

Life does have a habit of getting in the way, but let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Or, in a couple of months, let us take you out for a beer and an introduction.

• @mniron I know... I am really pissed off at myself more than anything.Debated revealing it so early. Figured it was best to get it out and the origins were known.

I hope you don't mistake this banter and good-natured ribbing for actual angst or pressure. I'm personally impressed by anyone who has the skills and vision, as you obviously do, to make something like this from scratch, and I just want you to know that we support your efforts thus far and eagerly look forward to supporting you further by purchasing your work when you decide you're ready to market it. Hope you're not being too hard on yourself on our account.

• Well, i'll be honest, @Ruptured Duck, patience isn't my strongest trait, but you know we are just giving you grief. You have a phenomenal design, and we are all happy to wait a bit longer ( except @Bill Martin, but nobody likes him anyways ;) ).

Life does have a habit of getting in the way, but let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Or, in a couple of months, let us take you out for a beer and an introduction.

WOW!! My bride seems to think the same thing these days - should I get in touch with my feminine side?????

Nahhh!!! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Hey @Ruptured Duck all I have to say is there is a very good line in the movie Risky Business and
    "sometimes you just have to say WTF" and go for it. Wait too much longer and someone is gonna beat you to the punch.
    Of course we will shun the bastard and tell him we are waiting on you. But only you can spare him the pain of rejection. So now this has become a moral issue!
    Just teasing you brother...........because I can

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @DKF Texas let's hope it never get to that point but @MACAWS has a very valid point that I understand all too well.
    It's how things work. Luckily the SS aftermarket is relatively small and does self monitor to an extent. This may not be the case for long.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• @DKF Texas let's hope it never get to that point but @MACAWS has a very valid point that I understand all too well.
    It's how things work. Luckily the SS aftermarket is relatively small and does self monitor to an extent. This may not be the case for long.

Your lucky I have no imagination, engineering or mechanical skills, am retired, fat, lazy, drunk @ too busy visiting all other SS owners or I would have already beat ya to the punch :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It's been some time but the buisness is starting to come around. The top want be the first item. If all goes well I'll be bringing some very easy to use water proof travel bags to market. They will be reasonable priced and easily installed and removed from the rear hoops. They are collapsible and can easily stored in the rear storage areas. The image shows the 8" X 20" prototype. Production will more than likely be 10" round.
    The other image shows my best gift for Christmas. Honestly have the buisness in Tina's name for many good reasons.
    :00000441:

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I was thinking of getting the Gen 2 Madstad or the Gull Wing but this top with is ability to be easily removable totally takes the cake .

I know you mentioned possible colors for the fabric part but what about the frame?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.