New approach for a SlingShot top...

• You know....don't know why I didn't think of this before....

@MBMedic it's hard to see the inch marks on the tape. Here is an image as of today. About 40-40.5" from the base of the seat to the cross bow over your head. Seat was slid all the way back.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @MBMedic it's hard to see the inch marks on the tape. Here is an image as of today. About 40-40.5" from the base of the seat to the cross bow over your head. Seat was slid all the way back.

RD, when you get this installed on a few people, can you update with heights using PRP and SLR seats? Or we can volunteer to be the test dummies for the SLR seats, just throwing that out there.... :D

• @MBMedic it's hard to see the inch marks on the tape. Here is an image as of today. About 40-40.5" from the base of the seat to the cross bow over your head. Seat was slid all the way back.

That my friend is looking like 3-4 inches to spare which means you are looking at yet another sale!!!

I just ordered my windshield and baker wings so I won't be making a purchase right away, but with a little luck, I see this going on my Sling before this riding season is out!!! (provided production keeps up) :)

Thanks for the update @Ruptured Duck Can't wait!

• thank you to all who are interested and have shown so much support. Will try my best to not let you guys down. Regardless I demand that you guys stay honest when it becomes available in the market. I'm small enough that if I can change something on the fly I will (within reason and cost $$ 8| )

Now a little spring weather MeanSling pron.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• thank you to all who are interested and have shown so much support. Will try my best to not let you guys down. Regardless I demand that you guys stay honest when it becomes available in the market. I'm small enough that if I can change something on the fly I will (within reason and cost $$ 8| )

Now a little spring weather MeanSling pron.

Absolutely gorgeous and hot. Remember that we are all here to help you too

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

• @Ruptured Duck which windshield are you using?

standard Polaris Blade windshield. It has been designed to try and accommodate as many aftermarket w/s as possible but I'm not a rich guy. No way to buy all of them to test. The much taller F4's are the wildcards for me.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• ok, just weighed the new sturdier stainless steel frame with all mounts and fabric. This has a real solid feel and thunk when closed. Compared to the aluminum version it defenetly better. I also switched to a auto top type Sunbrella fabric. Even in the thicker stainless steel tubing it only weighs in at about 22 pounds with A-pillars arms and hoop cross bar.

I can live with that.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• ok, just weighed the new sturdier stainless steel frame with all mounts and fabric. This has a real solid feel and thunk when closed. Compared to the aluminum version it defenetly better. I also switched to a auto top type Sunbrella fabric. Even in the thicker stainless steel tubing it only weighs in at about 22 pounds with A-pillars arms and hoop cross bar.

I can live with that.

I thought it was going to come in a little heavier than that, 22 pounds is fantastic!

• @Ruptured Duck if not too much to ask could you take a picture with the camera/cell right in front of your nose, basically take a picture of the view/visibility while sitting on the driver seat.

I have the stock SL W/S which I assume is the blade and my view is way over the windshield and looking at the picture above, it seems the front of the top would cut into the field of view, so a PoV shot would help a lot.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Ruptured Duck if not too much to ask could you take a picture with the camera/cell right in front of your nose, basically take a picture of the view/visibility while sitting on the driver seat.

I have the stock SL W/S which I assume is the blade and my view is way over the windshield and looking at the picture above, it seems the front of the top would cut into the field of view, so a PoV shot would help a lot.

how tall are you?
    I just disassembling the frame and top so that it can be shipped out to the top supplier tomorrow.
    I'll see what I can do with the next top. I'm 5,11 and have set it so that you just see the green light at a standard type intersection. As for forward visibility the new design is higher than past tops. It's good for being able to keep that low profile look.

(Slingshot Owners Group)