New member meet and greet

• My last rain story included a ride that would have normally been 4-4.5 hours well I was forced to spend an extra night in a hotel when I was over halfway home. I was frozen (yes I live in Florida) and soaked from head to toe. I couldn't feel my fingertips. When I signed into the hotel my wife had to sign the reciept for me as I was numb. Well the next day when I finished the journey with a cold and sick as a dog my wife showed me the radar and told me we had driven through a tropical depression, nothing compared to my depression. Well here is the weather map for that rain special. Yes the orange cloud followed us the whole way from Miami to Seabring FL. First time I've ever given up while riding but the two times I scared my wife to death with the hydroplane was enough for her and she was also ready to stop for a while.

Next morning she said you sure are a great driver.

following pictures are from date night before the rain and next photo is during the crazy rain day.

RNJ12

• And I will be the first of many people to say "pictures or it didn't happen".

RNJ12

• A little rain won’t hurt anything... Glad you made it home safely ~> BUT (most importantly), WELCOME to the best forum for all things sling (and everything else for that matter)! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• A little rain won’t hurt anything... Glad you made it home safely ~> BUT (most importantly), WELCOME to the best forum for all things sling (and everything else for that matter)! :thumbsup:

A little rain can cause disaster. I avoid rain these days if I can. Riding safely in the rain is a combination of skill, experience, and luck. I have the first two in spades, but worry that one day, I will be unlucky.

I know of two totaled slings due to rain.

• Damn @rnj12 now that is iron butt riding when you try to drive through a storm like that..

I would say something to be proud of, but thinking NOT!!!

I was kinda proud after I seen the stupid weather map and the fact it was a tropical depression but I was upset at myself as I feel like I let her down by not being able to complete the mission. I'm really hard on myself. I lost a $200 wallet over a year ago and I won't buy another till the two year mark to make sure I've earned it. I messed up a $100 water bill and threw $100 down the drain so to make up for that I made myself work on my day off as punishment. Just another reason my wife says she is so glad we don't have kids.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Congrats & welcome to our newest member, MEMBER # 1500!, @pricejh61 :thumbsup::thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been interested in the SS for a couple of years. Correctly have a ‘12 Goldwing and am reaching the point where this body can’t handle megamiles in the saddle. The SS looks like a lot of fun and would keep the wind in the hair.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been interested in the SS for a couple of years. Correctly have a ‘12 Goldwing and am reaching the point where this body can’t handle megamiles in the saddle. The SS looks like a lot of fun and would keep the wind in the hair.

You’re definitely on the right forum for Slingshot info! There are LOTS of people here from your exact scenario - Slingers come from the Goldwing community, Harley community, BMW community, etc.

Ask any questions you have - the forum will respond...

Update your profile with your location & possibly meet SS owners in your area.

Again, welcome!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• HOLLY SHIT BATMAN. I just added up all the crap I got for this "hobby" this year. Time to hide some receipts from the Boss woman! LOL

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been interested in the SS for a couple of years. Correctly have a ‘12 Goldwing and am reaching the point where this body can’t handle megamiles in the saddle. The SS looks like a lot of fun and would keep the wind in the hair.

Must not be too old. You still got hair.

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• You’re definitely on the right forum for Slingshot info! There are LOTS of people here from your exact scenario - Slingers come from the Goldwing community, Harley community, BMW community, etc.
    Ask any questions you have - the forum will respond...

Update your profile with your location & possibly meet SS owners in your area.

Again, welcome!

I got a zillion questions.

Planning on visiting Toms Powersports in Clinton this month for a demo ride. Need to sell the Wing before i can commit to a SS.

I live in Lenoir City, TN. Just a stones throw from the Dragon.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• You'll be on the list of people we'll harass for the next Murphy gathering, then.

Slingshotinfo.com. Slingshot owners harassing Slingshot owners to do s#it they already want to do. Gotta love this place! 8) Welcome to the madness @pricejh61 - take that demo ride and get bit!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)