1400 members!

• Thank you Jonathan for the suggestion. So far it looks like the base model is the way to go. I have a 2015 Harley Street Glide that I want to sell before I purchase a SS. With Harley's half the fun is adding your own touch. Sounds like that is something that can be done with the SS as well.

• Base, saved money goes to a Madstad adjustable windshield and proper tires. Lots of cash left over for lots of tricks. Lots. Or kids in college, in my case.

Just for perspective, the difference between a base and an LE buys a turbo. The turbos seem to have matured, and are shockingly effective.

Three things I have never considered changing on my SL ..

The color ...

The wheels (have a '15) ....

The infotainment system .....

Have altered just about everything else but those will never change so for some (many I would bet) a model other than Base was the right decision ..... its all about where your personal priorities lie ...

EDIT: Actually four .... forgot we are still rocking the stock "Blade" ..... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Concur with @Orangeman. I would have gone base if there were any other options besides boring black, but there weren't. So I would have taken the red SL, but that got nixed by the wife. The titanium silver SL was next on the list, but when I saw the Blue Fire....wowsers. And I don't regret it. I'll just end up spending a little more eventually once the mods add up, and I might have to wait on the turbo. Ehh, whatever. Go with whatever your priorities are....all I know is my heart still skips a beat every time I sit in the middle of all that blue and push that little button, and that's all that matters to me.

• SS Johnny -- you might keep an eye out for an awesome used SS. Sometimes, the owners decide the slingshot is not for them, or life circumstances change. @MiM picked up a beauty, and Cmykpro sold his at an extremely reasonable price..... You can sure keep your eyes peeled for one, while selling your Harley---- you never know what might come up. (some have been sold with really good aftermarket goodies attached!)

• Yup with @NatomasSlingshot1!

$17K base with many extras... And recently saw
    another base with good options for a good price... Can't remember where though... But check Craigslist, eBay, and the forums... And consider flying out and driving it back! :thumbsup:

SS Johnny -- you might keep an eye out for an awesome used SS. Sometimes, the owners decide the slingshot is not for them, or life circumstances change. @MiM picked up a beauty, and Cmykpro sold his at an extremely reasonable price..... You can sure keep your eyes peeled for one, while selling your Harley---- you never know what might come up. (some have been sold with really good aftermarket goodies attached!)

That sounds like real good advise. I love all the great recommendations. If anyone comes across a great deal let me know. I've checked ebay and craigslist and will continue to do so. Thank you all!

• Yeah, for prospective purchasers, the base model is the way to go IMHO. (And I bought the SL LE, /sigh) Basically, now that I know better, the extra cash invested would have been better spent on after market mods rather than different paint accents and different rim size and a factory stereo.

I could have had a base with a Turbo or Super Charger for the same money I have spent on the SL LE.

That whole hindsight thing is real.

• Here's an update for you guys...

We're at 800 members of this outstanding family! Welcome to #800, @SlindRed!

(For those of you who like metrics and trends, it took us 6 wks to go from 500 to 600, and although I missed the call on 700, it took us 13-14 weeks to go from 600 to 800. So, that's 100 new members every 6-7 wks. Pretty good growth!)

• wow this is cool we have grown 200+ in about 90 days.... give or take a few. We are growing faster than the internet....hold up wait.. ?( did I type that out loud!!!??

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.