How many years have you been riding?

• I am so happy I came across this thread! I love hearing stories from everyone about how they started out on two wheels and where they ended up. The more time I spend on this forum, the more I appreciate just how great Polaris is for making such a beautiful and unique creation in the Slingshot!

• Started on a youth dirt bike when I was 10 at my grandfather's cabin and have been riding ever since. 32 years later I still tinker with two wheels. The new Ducati Monster 1200 is a riot!

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Started on a youth dirt bike when I was 10 at my grandfather's cabin and have been riding ever since. 32 years later I still tinker with two wheels. The new Ducati Monster 1200 is a riot!

I never owned one but rode a buddy’s Ducati years ago - by far the best handling motorcycle I ever had the privilege to ride / big envy 😬😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Ducati Monster… The one I always wanted but will more than likely probably never have. I’ll never forget the first time I heard a Ducati at the Raceway in New Hampshire. I didn’t stop trying to figure out what that sound was until I found out it was a Ducati. Been in love with them ever sense.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Well I’ve been driving for 27 years unlike most of y’all most of my driving is 18 wheels(yes a semi) with any of my free time I started in crotch rockets, dirt bikes and then moved into cruisers. Then went a sport touring Kawi concourse 1400 loved that bike but my shoulders just couldn’t take it anymore. They would be on fire. Found slingshot and well now I’m back doing what I enjoy which is the beautiful countryside just driving and enjoying the beauty of the road.

• One of my friends had a Ducati and loved it till he took it in for the first service. He couldn't believe the bill.

That's why it is always good to learn to do basic vehicle services on your own. Some of the larger services around 18K miles need to be done by a pro however. Also, Ducati offers a service plan if you plan to drive the turd out of it. It will save you a ton in the long run.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• First ride was on a minibike when I was 7. Hooked doesn't even begin to describe it! Mom told me I could go to my best friend's house, but stay off the minibike. Yeah, that didn't work. I got my own at 10, first motorcycle at 13, and have been riding since. From my first ride, 55 years. From my first minibike, 52 years. From my first clutch/shift/motorcycle, 50 years.

On my second Slingshot, about 75k between the two in 6 seasons. Over 475K on two wheels, all but about 25k of those on Harleys. We traded our Harleys in on a 2019 Jeep this past May. Missed having one in the garage to wrench on and tinker with, along with riding.... so Labor day I bought another Harley. This one is a 1996 Road King with only 42k on it. Had been taken care of until the past 5 or so years.... then neglected. I went through it, changed it to fit me, and have it running awesome. Only got to put about 250 or less miles on it before the cold set in here. Will be fun getting it out for a shakedown in the spring!

Much nicer now, and looks more like one of my bikes....

• Adding all those years makes you about 164...looking good for your age.