Steering wheel off-center -- UPDATE

• Yup, I am an easy rider, only remembering spinning the rear tire twice. I do carve up the corners a bit, apparantly not as hard as others. At 70 plus most of my hard driving is behind me, crippled up body and slower reflexes are good reasons to slow down. I do trailer it from Oklahoma to Oregon but that does not turn the cogs on the speedo, and I'm glad it doesn't. Just to cheap to do donuts and burn off tires, I'd rather have my donuts the old fashioned way.

LC

• My first Kenda on the rear was at 16,600 miles when I took it off, it was just down to the wear bars and I wanted a new tire for SSITS

on my 5th back tire in 68,000 miles. I also have three spares for the back right now Kenda, Raptor, and a Nexon

...and I thought I did well averaging 10000 miles on the rar Kendas! I'm hoping to get around 10-11000 miles on my current Nitto 555 G2 315 tire.

• @LargeCar I am an old man and I had an opportunity to take a ride with a man 20yrs my senior Sunday. He was driving an all wheel drive vehicle with over 600hp. He has given me the inspiration to race on into my ninety’s!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I forgot to mention that the ride was across deals gap and back. Everything in our path got out of the way as soon as possible and let us go. It was an awesome ride! The only bad part is that I no longer have any reason to ever go back to deals gap again. I'll never have the ability to top that ride! :00007555:

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I would like your opinion on using these items to do a laser alignment. Using a metal plate attached to the front wheels so the magnet sticks....once all the measurements are calculated for the laser offset. This could be done for under $100.

• ...and I thought I did well averaging 10000 miles on the rar Kendas! I'm hoping to get around 10-11000 miles on my current Nitto 555 G2 315 tire.

the factory tires only have 8/32” tread brand new. Wear bars are at 3/32”. I’m never going to waste money on any tire that only has that much tread brand new. The tires on my van have 16/32 brand new.... how much more wear can I get with twice as much tread to start with?

• I would like your opinion on using these items to do a laser alignment. Using a metal plate attached to the front wheels so the magnet sticks....once all the measurements are calculated for the laser offset. This could be done for under $100.

Why not just duct tape them on?

• the factory tires only have 8/32” tread brand new. Wear bars are at 3/32”. I’m never going to waste money on any tire that only has that much tread brand new. The tires on my van have 16/32 brand new.... how much more wear can I get with twice as much tread to start with?

Uhhh, how much does your van weigh? Do the tires have a mileage warranty? Hey. maybe you should put those van tires on the Sling! Help, @SSREAPER !

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• the factory tires only have 8/32” tread brand new. Wear bars are at 3/32”. I’m never going to waste money on any tire that only has that much tread brand new. The tires on my van have 16/32 brand new.... how much more wear can I get with twice as much tread to start with?

I would love to know the make on model of the van tire you are referencing.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Consider this recommendation

8/32” take away 4/32” equals ....not much tire for your money.

If you dont like 8/32 perhaps you should go with the Nitto NT555 G2 ultra high performance summer tire - according to their Web Site a 255 35r 20 has 11/32 of tread. Even so though dont expect supper high milage ultra high performance tires are not designed for high milage, they have softer rubber and are designed for performance - there is a reason why Ultra High Performance Summer tires do not come with milage guarantees

as a side note if high milage is what you care about then looking at the tread UTQG Tread wear number will probably mean more than how many 32's you get

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies