Bummer!!!! 2 week-old SpoilerBladz LED spoiler lights have bad LEDs as of today!!!

• I've never had a ten year guaranteed 110v light bulb last one year...

Slingmods replaced mine under warranty...had one do the exact same thing....that said my new ones are still in the box I better check them.. I have a video of mine with a few of them kinda blinking...

• So i got a reply from Slingshotonly today, the short and sweet is that they are not honoring warranties on items purchased before the merge.......

So am i crazy for thinking that they should be honoring warranties for items bought before the merge? While it might not be a big thing for me to go out and buy my halos from someone else what about people who might have big ticket items like top,seat etc etc?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• So i got a reply from Slingshotonly today, the short and sweet is that they are not honoring warranties on items purchased before the merge.......

So am i crazy for thinking that they should be honoring warranties for items bought before the merge? While it might not be a big thing for me to go out and buy my halos from someone else what about people who might have big ticket items like top,seat etc etc?

X( ... wow.... ?( .... $3%&!!.... and :cursing: (*&@#!!! - just me, but that's how I would feel.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

So would Cycle Springs still step up on this? If warranties did not transfer with the ownership, it should still lie with the original seller. Right?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• No SSO regardless of owner should be the one honoring the warranty, especially since more than likely they will just be getting a replacement product from their supplier so no skin of their back other than the minor shipping fee which given how light halos are it would not be more than a buck.

Cyclesprings should not be the one to honor it because they were just a parent company and not the shop i purchased from.

• No SSO regardless of owner should be the one honoring the warranty, especially since more than likely they will just be getting a replacement product from their supplier so no skin of their back other than the minor shipping fee which given how light halos are it would not be more than a buck.

Cyclesprings should not be the one to honor it because they were just a parent company and not the shop i purchased from.

I agree that they should, but if they don't, who is legally responsible?

In my opinion, they are missing the boat on the customer service here. A little cost/benefit analysis might indicate that their out of pocket expense is worth the goodwill in the form of future business. Slingshot owners are prone to unnecessary purchases on a regular basis...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I was younger I worked in car audio for a small high end shop. We bought out the car audio portion of a bigger electronics company. Our new owners who were not rich people made the decision all warranty items from the old company would be honored. Not just the product but also the labor. That decision I think is one of the big reason that shop is still open today. They stayed loyal and so did their customers.

• SlingMods contacted me via email on Sunday night about my LED issue. They asked for the photos and said that they will handle it with TricLED in regards to the warranty. They said it should be no problem to get a replacement strip. We're just waiting to hear back from TricLED now.

I'm happy with the service at this point.

EDIT:

Just after posting this I got another email from SlingMods that said they have sent out my replacement part. AWESOME!!! I will continue to do business with them. I'm a happy customer.

• SlingMods contacted me via email on Sunday night about my LED issue. They asked for the photos and said that they will handle it with TricLED in regards to the warranty. They said it should be no problem to get a replacement strip. We're just waiting to hear back from TricLED now.

I'm happy with the service at this point.

Another example of a company that stands behind their product.

• Maybe we should tag @Bill Martin and get his input on this since he might have a perspective that we lack.

Legally if Cycle Springs profited from the sale of the merchandise purchased thru Slingshotonly they would ultimately be responsible for replacement or repair. Adversely if Slingshotonly was a separate entity that was sold off to a third party - then your only recourse would be whatever manufacturer warranty available if the new owner declines warranty issues. Only other move is to file suit in small claims court. Wish I could give better news cause these issues always suck for the consumer !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• When I was younger I worked in car audio for a small high end shop. We bought out the car audio portion of a bigger electronics company. Our new owners who were not rich people made the decision all warranty items from the old company would be honored. Not just the product but also the labor. That decision I think is one of the big reason that shop is still open today. They stayed loyal and so did their customers.

Crutchfield... True story...

• The outer ones had died a while ago during the shuffle when SSO was sold and after unanswered emails I opted to just buy new halos from morimoto which are working great.

Reached out to SSO on Friday morning to see if they would replace the inner ones which are bad now but haven't heard back yet , I will give them a couple of days and if nothing then I will just buy morimoto LEDs for the center and just block SSO in my browser so I don't even go there by mistake.

@Neosolidus I have the RGB Halos from Slingmods and the warranty just ran out at the last SSITS2017, so I'm looking at buying a new set and was looking at morimoto were I bought my switchbacks, how are there halos, bright, very bright, solid light or can you see the individual leds like my current halos.

I also found that http://www.theretrofitsource.com sells all of Morimoto lights for $10-$30 less. check them out.

What size is the inner ring around the outer and center lights so I can get the correct size, ie: 60mm, 70mm, 80mm

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• @Neosolidus I have the RGB Halos from Slingmods and the warranty just ran out at the last SSITS2017, so I'm looking at buying a new set and was looking at morimoto were I bought my switchbacks, how are there halos, bright, very bright, solid light or can you see the individual leds like my current halos.
    I also found that http://www.theretrofitsource.com sells all of Morimoto lights for $10-$30 less. check them out.

What size is the inner ring around the outer and center lights so I can get the correct size, ie: 60mm, 70mm, 80mm

Info courtesy of @Ice9812 from another thread (from slingshotonly website):

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I gotta give a shout out to Vernon at Lite the Nite for lighting. I had numerous fails on halos and ground accents from different vendors. I had Vernon install new halos and under lighting in Vail. He gives a lifetime warranty on his work. Not long after Vail all the halos had LED’s failing making the front of my Sling look snaggle toothed. Sure enough got with him in Eureka Springs and he replaced them all, finding that he wired into some faulty wiring from a previous install causing them to overheat. If you have had LED issues - go with Lite the Nite - he will make sure you are taken care of !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Bubblehead TRFS is the dealer I use for my purchases they have been in business for a long time, definitely not a fly by night operation like slingshotonly that will deny your warranty if you ever need it.

As far as the halos visually they look like everyone else as in that when they are on they look solid.

I am in the process of ordering their RGB halos and a set of switchback halos and their Bluetooth controller so when winter starts I will redo all my led/halos.