Deal's Gap Dragon Question

• is anyone coming to Murphy this year for some fun runs its a very nice ride from maggie valley and we have some great roads and LOTS less traffic just ask the group that was here in Nov.and i have found some new ones and yes ill be coming to the valley to meet everyone and try to keep up on some of the runs if no one minds

• is anyone coming to Murphy this year for some fun runs its a very nice ride from maggie valley and we have some great roads and LOTS less traffic just ask the group that was here in Nov.and i have found some new ones and yes ill be coming to the valley to meet everyone and try to keep up on some of the runs if no one minds

I think we may plan a day trip from Maggie up to Murphy while we are there!
    I am sure once we get past Maggie we will make a few runs up your way

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

Im up for a weekend trip anytime. I'm out of Gainesville Ga so a short trip. Would love to learn some new roads up there. Sense Tellico was closed down I haven't visited Murphy enough

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I was riding what we call the Dragon back in the 70's. Three to four times per summer, back then I did not need a map either. I had ridden just about every road in that area. Another road that is good in the Murphy area is the Hanging Dog and the Beaver Creek Road that goes to the Hiawassaii Dam (wrong spelling) it is almost as good as the Dragon but with no traffic.

• I was riding what we call the Dragon back in the 70's. Three to four times per summer, back then I did not need a map either. I had ridden just about every road in that area. Another road that is good in the Murphy area is the Hanging Dog and the Beaver Creek Road that goes to the Hiawassaii Dam (wrong spelling) it is almost as good as the Dragon but with no traffic.

Jeez, that sounds familiar.... @Dogs. :00008172:

• @harleyujoe, We were probably on the same Dragon ride with the "weiner" biker...
    We did the medium Dragon, and medium rattler.. I will NEVER want any "fast" Dragon ride.. =O because the medium was certainly fast for our thrill seeking. Rear tire breaking loose, sliding, G-forces making those stock seatbelts cut you in half, and I sprained my wrist holding onto the "Oh shit" handle on passenger side :/ We were the third or fourth slingshot on @xd675xs dragon ride.. this year they didnt label the rides as fast or slow... but if your more comfortable driving with least minimal risk, stay near the back of the ride. We stopped along the way to wait for those who just had too much to lose... :thumbup:
    We accepted the risk, and LOVED it... but only cause we didnt crash off the side of the road! And other riders coming opposite way WILL cut into your lane. And you WILL theirs if your keeping a "medium-fast" pace.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

I'm not familiar with that one. Maybe you can lead a ride one day from Maggie Valley? I'd love to take that ride! We have been going to the area for about 25 years now. We usually base out of Robbinsville, not a tourist type of place, motels clean and inexpensive, and great roads in every direction. It's hard to find a road that's not fun in that area. I'm quite certain though, that I've missed some, and this one you speak of sounds right up my alley!

• I'm not familiar with that one. Maybe you can lead a ride one day from Maggie Valley? I'd love to take that ride! We have been going to the area for about 25 years now. We usually base out of Robbinsville, not a tourist type of place, motels clean and inexpensive, and great roads in every direction. It's hard to find a road that's not fun in that area. I'm quite certain though, that I've missed some, and this one you speak of sounds right up my alley!

Just punch up Beaver Creek Camp Grounds or Beaver Creek Cabins. They are not owned by the same people. Cabins are great and they have three of them, @SLINGSHOOTER and I stayed there last Sept.

• most important.... Don't cross the yellow lines.... :thumbdown:

Depending on the LEO, you might not want to even touch the yellow line!
    I have ridden the Dragon and rounded 1 of the 318 curves and found a LEO standing on the yellow line clocking me with a radar gun!
    You must be extremely careful on the Foothills Parkway leading over to the Dragon as well. The Speed Limit is 45 MPH with a couple of areas @ 25 MPH with double yellow lines the entire length
    except for a couple of overlooks. Last year I had LEO follow me the entire 18 miles with 8 2 wheelers behind him. At the Stop sign at the lake the LEO ticketed every 2 wheeler for speeding behind him or for touching the yellow line or in some cases both! Let your wallet and your insurance rate be your guide, jus' sayin'.

• The Dragon is overrated. Take a trip to West Virginia and you'll have more safe fun! I saw A LOT of people riding at speeds WAY over their skill level and drifting into the oncoming lane on corners. It may have been great once upon a time but now is crowded with idiots. My opinion.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• Ruptured Duck anytime you want to come up ill show you around just call me 828-362-9904 and that goes for anyone else even
    FunCycle

Thanks @Dogs. Was up and over Blood Mountain today. Didn't get your way but hope to have some free time soon. New business venture takes priority.
    Regardless we need to have @kenny_h and @rabtech figure out when they want to do another fun/run in that area!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: