• Question. So I had the dealer look at my side panel, (#11). They placed a claim and it looks like they will warranty it.
    However, as I got in, there was a slight pop, and the panel seemed loose. looks like the finished panel was simply bound against the black interior plastic. So it is just loose. However, where do I find the thread on how to tighten this up? Or, if someone could point out how, that would be great.

Thanks.

So I got into this, and it is quite easy actually. I found what happened to make it loose too. Seems when the Tech placed it back on, the tab at the bottom of panel #11 has been split in two, and bent up. I think he missed / forgot that screw and when he removed the panel, broke the tab. Then as he went to place it back on, simply applied pressure to get it to line up, and pop.

So, that explains why it was loose, and why he said a new one is on order, lol.

For now, enough is holding that I was able to tighten it and make the panel solid. It should last just fine for our road trip and get it replaced when we return.

So when I opened the panel up, I noticed that the bracket I have is the silver and red one.

So, what is pressing against the panel to cause the crack in this spot again?

• Noticed a slight bump on side panel which sooner or later I'm sure will start the spidering look? I'm suppose to go for service sat ( uhh saying rain so may not happen) but I mentioned I want this corrected/ noted so if condition gets worse I'm covered & no BS. I hear Polaris is making good on related issues?

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• My cracks aren't huge but I don't want my cracks out of control either. Damn @Tripod should pay me for these setups I just keeping laying out there for him

At $330 per panel, I'm hoping my dealer covers them under warranty but I've had such bad luck with my dealer for anything that I'm thinking about changing dealers

Man bad dealer service sucks! If it's warranty there should be no issue. I'm not super crazy on Polaris's panels , won't lie, some seam real cheap. Customer service should be a given after spending $20-$25k on these machines

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I had same issue on my drivers side panel, started like a small pimple, then cracked and paint turning into a spider.
    It's covered but dealer so far has ordered 3 panels. Told me the first one the tab was broken, second two were very scratched. Can't wait to hear what will be wrong with panel 4. So much for quality control!
    It's frustrating.

• I had same issue on my drivers side panel, started like a small pimple, then cracked and paint turning into a spider.
    It's covered but dealer so far has ordered 3 panels.

OK...so they are ordering replacement panels ...so what are they doing to prevent the damage from happening again ??

From what I understand,nothing ..... the problem is the new side panel mount, the cracks are just a symptom...

I can see the the station ... now just have to decide how much longer I want to ride the Slingshot train.... Polaris is not making this easy ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• What about some 1/2 foam weather stripping with the 3m backing? Place this over the bracket, then put the panel back on?

You would have to compress the foam to get the bolts to line up, but once in place, that should take care of the issue would it not? Or would it be a bit too thick?

Let's face it, owners have done more troubleshooting than Polaris has, lol.

• Let's face it, owners have done more troubleshooting than Polaris has, lol.

And I have to remind my dealer of this constantly. When I bring it in, I know more about what needs to be fixed, what Polaris will cover, or has in the past under warranty etc than you do. This forum should be required daily reading at every Polaris dealership.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• I ordered the $35 x 2, 2015 parts - hope I get it them this week and that they install real easy

shame to have to order "down-level" parts & pay for them, but better than trashing the panels. You would think that the mother-ship would wake up, and figure some other way to cut weight.......... let us know about the install

• Does anyone with a 2015 have detail pics of the bracket mounted. The 2015 MY brackets I ordered for my 2016 should be waiting for me when I get home. I just need to figure out where the torx bolts are that hold on that panel and if the 2015 will mount up without modification. Thanks in advance

• My dealer of service IS THE BEST ever. Nielsen's Enterprises in Illinois has supreme customer service. They filed the claim fir the cracked fairings and stood behind us in our claim and got Polaris to replace them under warranty. Before we get the new ones installed we're replacing the supports from the 2015 so this doesn't happen again. Kudos to Nielsen's for being a dealer Slingshot owners can count on.

• My cracks aren't huge but I don't want my cracks out of control either. Damn @Tripod should pay me for these setups I just keeping laying out there for him

At $330 per panel, I'm hoping my dealer covers them under warranty but I've had such bad luck with my dealer for anything that I'm thinking about changing dealers

I have the same on a Blue SS that I got in July.