It's Not a Car! It's Not a Car?

• We all know this machine invites shout outs and compliments from people that are driving past, people walking by, people drooling over it. We all know the questions.

But, in all seriousness, how many times have you heard..."Hey, I love your motorcycle."

Do you correct them? Do you refer to it as an autocycle? It's no big deal to me. I always say "Thank you" and gauge what I think is the level of interest and knowledge before I go any farther.

I was just curious to know if very many of the general public thinks of it as a car or motorcycle.

• Yes depending on who it is and how tired I might be ...I normally say its an Autocycle... smarter than a motorcycle and a little dumber than a car. :D

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Usually young kids know what it is so when they say" like your motorcycle " I assume they know. That has been the case in many occasions. Older guys and gals would ask "What is it?" Younger kids would we say " Love your Slingshot".

• When my older brother first saw it he said "Why didn't you tell me I could have sold you my VW pipe buggy and saved you $20,000"
    REALLY !!! :00008862:

Now that you mention that, I always was attracted to the Manx and bucket T's. Maybe the Slingshot was a fullfillment of my repressed desires.

• Yes depending on who it is and how tired I might be ...I normally say its an Autocycle... smarter than a motorcycle and a little dumber than a car. :D

Hah! I like that. Taking notes.

Usually I just say nice meeting you, but I have to go. Suffering from attention fatigue. Exceptions only for little kids and attractive ladies.

• In my mind it's more of a car than a motorcycle. Most people say "Cool Car?" and I just say thanks or if stopped I'll tell them it's actually an Autocycle. I also tell them the best way I can compare it is to a go cart.

• Agree, more of a car..It does NOT satisfy the occasional 2 wheel urge. There are times you want it to be a car. On a recent trip the hotel/resort did not allow motorcycles on the grounds. I called before going and tried to get around it but they told me it would have to be parked off grounds. When I showed up, security figured it was a car and let me in.

• Agree, more of a car..It does NOT satisfy the occasional 2 wheel urge. There are times you want it to be a car. On a recent trip the hotel/resort did not allow motorcycles on the grounds. I called before going and tried to get around it but they told me it would have to be parked off grounds. When I showed up, security figured it was a car and let me in.

I never even considered that. Thanks for the heads-up.

• I usually tell them it is an Autocycle and explain to them what that is. However, I went to a graduation party last weekend and an older gentleman, guessing 60, said to me, " Nice Ferrari. " LOL

Always be yourself unless you can be Batman.
    Then be Batman!