Fast Orange Bites The Dust

• Wildlife is one of my biggest fears in the slingshot. My second day owning it I almost hit a doe. Saw the buck and then realized that it was the rut and slammed on the brakes.

I live 20 mins outside of the city.

I feel for y'all that deal with wildlife on a daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Keep the dirty side down.

• I live just outside the city limits here. Actually 1/4 mile. Coming home last week there were 13 deer in my way. Seems several neighbors like to feed them and the deer are smart enough to know no one here is going to shoot them. Yet.

• Earlier in this thread they are talking about not being able to get an estimate....or find parts...your motorcycle insurance company took your money fast enough...they should be able to get an estimate that fast too...

Anyone can buy parts on line....the biggest issue would be if the frame is bent...that said can a frame straightening shop fix our frames?

If the frame is ok, take the new parts to a body shop get them to paint them....take pictures of everything...get them to install them or you install them and turn in your receipts to your insurance company..they might not like it but too bad...

• I nailed a bird the other day with passenger side roll hoop (going about 90 on some back roads), while heading home from work... no damage, just feathers. The bastard came out of no where and scared the sh*t out of me!! Could only imagine hitting deer... :/

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I nailed a bird the other day with passenger side roll hoop (going about 90 on some back roads), while heading home from work... no damage, just feathers. The bastard came out of no where and scared the sh*t out of me!! Could only imagine hitting deer... :/

Don't those hoops make a hell of a mess of a bird?

Did the same thing last year and covered my back deck in feathers and gore, lol

• I can't even begin to tell you all the critters ya gotta dodge livin in coonass land !! Night ridin is OUT !! Possums, armadillos, skunks, gators, deer - all of which will nicely transform the front of your Sling for you !! Y'all be careful out there !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Earlier in this thread they are talking about not being able to get an estimate....or find parts...your motorcycle insurance company took your money fast enough...they should be able to get an estimate that fast too...

Anyone can buy parts on line....the biggest issue would be if the frame is bent...that said can a frame straightening shop fix our frames?

If the frame is ok, take the new parts to a body shop get them to paint them....take pictures of everything...get them to install them or you install them and turn in your receipts to your insurance company..they might not like it but too bad...

In my case, it wasn't an issue with the insurance company. It was an issue with finding a dealer local that was willing to work on it. The one in town said bring it in and they would have an estimate by the end of summer. The deer slaying happened in June. I didn't want to go to far because I would have to run back and forth to get body panels to the body shop for paint and then back. So he told me to give him a number and he would pay it. I ended up doing the work myself, which I preferred. Then there was some delay in getting some of the parts. The inner hood structure was on back order for a while.

Mine was all bolt on damage. Mostly plastic and the front bolt on frame section, the one that supports the headlights. So it really was an easy fix but just a pain to wait all summer. So far, this summer is doing good.

And no, I do not have deer whistles installed. I am in the country and near a large pond that the deer use for a water source. One night the security system went off and I looked on the monitor. There were 17 deer standing in my driveway and yard. A good size buck was right next to my truck. So tempting. With all the deer in the area, night time drives are much slower than they used to be. The hair on the back of my neck and a pair of dangling appendages tend to shrink up every time I drive at night.

• Don't those hoops make a hell of a mess of a bird?
    Did the same thing last year and covered my back deck in feathers and gore, lol

YEP ~> there's even a tiny bit of gore still remaining in the hoops (I need to do a full wash to get it all out this weekend)... so gross! <X

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

Was it a Starling darling?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• One thing to be aware of with deer at night is that they are often spooked by their own shadow which suddenly appears on the ground behind them when they are hit with headlights. The most common reaction is to jump away from the shadow - and towards your car, thus the 'suicide syndrome'. Best thing to do when you see eyeballs on the side of the road is to slow your @ss down and expect them to come at you.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)