HOW DO YOU DO IT?

• it has been around freezing and switching between rain / snow and sleet for the past 4 weeks. I spent most of the day today starting all the equipment and vehicles letting them warm up to operating temp and charging batteries, almost everything has a battery maintainer, but I like to get them to cycle thru to operating temps every few weeks

Froze my A$$ off all day but only had one dead battery on Big Red but she is all good now and I will take her on a road rip to the mountains this week

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• it has been around freezing and switching between rain / snow and sleet for the past 4 weeks. I spent most of the day today starting all the equipment and vehicles letting them warm up to operating temp and charging batteries, almost everything has a battery maintainer, but I like to get them to cycle thru to operating temps every few weeks

Froze my A$$ off all day but only had one dead battery on Big Red but she is all good now and I will take her on a road rip to the mountains this week

I read some time ago that starting an engine that is stored over the winter was no a good idea.

• I read some time ago that starting an engine that is stored over the winter was no a good idea.

That is why I do it every few weeks, really not much different than starting you car in the winter after coming home from a winter vacation in Aruba after 2 weeks.

I could be wrong bu it has always worked for me. If I lived someplace were the temps were below 0 I would most likely use some type of crankcase heater

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Need i say anything else?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

We were looking at a high of -2 yesterday...low was -16 the whole BS "Feels like" was around -35. Then again we all know it would happen...so no 122 car pile ups around here...more like a half dozen 3 car accidents.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Yeah, but we're not prepped for this. No snow plows. No salting. I saw one of the local cities was using earthmoving Cat Graders to push snow - but of course they stopped at their city lines and only did the main street. Still shut down today, rolling black outs, etc. Luckily I haven't lost electric yet, but both my daughters did.

Let's talk again in the summer when it's 100+ degrees here.

• Yeah, but we're not prepped for this. No snow plows. No salting. I saw one of the local cities was using earthmoving Cat Graders to push snow - but of course they stopped at their city lines and only did the main street. Still shut down today, rolling black outs, etc. Luckily I haven't lost electric yet, but both my daughters did.

Let's talk again in the summer when it's 100+ degrees here.

And of course, I opened my big mouth. 1st power outage for me happened at 4pm Tuesday. Seems to be in a 3-4 hour cycle of power on, 3-4 hr power off, on, off, etc. been about 5 or 6 outages so far. Last outage started last night about 8:30pm and ended at 11pm and has been on since (8+ hrs). We did not get the predicted 4" of snow again last night, but it still in the high-20's - which is a lot better than the 6 degrees we woke up to on Tuesday.

Daughter in San Antonio power went out at 2am Monday and never came back on. She and her room mates ended up moving over to a friend's house Tuesday AM as it was 40 degrees inside the apt. Was to go home last night but heard that a pipe burst on the 1st floor (she was on 3rd so no damage to her stuff). Haven't heard yet whether they got back in.

Daughter about 10 miles west of me came over on Monday as her power also went out at 2am Monday and apt was down to 50 degrees inside by noon that day. We took her home at about 8pm. The power was still off, but her apt was "warm" so it must have come on for at least a while while she was gone. She called me to say her power came back on about 10 mins after I left and has been cycling on and off too.

Road are not cleared by any plows. You can tell the only movement of snow has been due to cars driving over it. I did see that the bridge over the freeway was plowed somehow (maybe tractor?) but it stopped right at the concrete to asphalt line. I didn't go out yesterday (Wednesday) because we got an ice storm Tues night that filled in all the tire tracks with 1/2" of ice. I've got 30"+ icicles hanging from the roof of the house.

• It was tough at times, but this is Texas! Nothing we can't handle...

Those are great memories buddy - cherish them.

Because as long as you keep feeding them they will grow up and things will change. I feel for you bro you are going to have to deal with multiple teenage girls at the same time and that my friend will be the biggest challenge you will ever have in life and the most rewarding.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!