Slingshots in the Smokies 2017.May30th-Jun 4th.

• So is it cynical of me to wonder what.... let's go with repercussions... will come from this particular project? :rolleyes:

• So is it cynical of me to wonder what.... let's go with repercussions... will come from this particular project? :rolleyes:

Well, if someone takes a video and tries to black mail us or sends to our bosses, then their tires just might get slashed. Just kidding

I know where you are going with this and if people get up set, I am not sure why. Vendors advertise and promote, why not a forum.

And if they keep this crap up, we can possibly consider coordinating our own events in the future.

Just "fifth grade jackassery"

Disclaimer: the opinions expressed by this participant are his and his alone and are not representative of the other forum members or forum coordinators who might have a better disposition or sense of humor.

• @sideseatdriver, I truly hope that isn't the outcome, if I get where you are going with this. I mean, I love this site.... the people that are on it.... the helpful nature along with the playful banter. I would want any serious SS owner or enthusiast that isn't a troll to be here. I've looked forward the the SSITS17 for months now, and my excitement has really built up over the past few weeks. I truly look forward to meeting everyone there that is from this site. There are a few on the short list that are "must meet" people, but generally I hope to meet all that are there from here.

Still trying to hold on to that excitement I had. When it was mentioned that there would be a charge for entering the fairgrounds if your weren't a participant or a vendor, it was like a smack back to reality. Then the BBQ, where it appears someone may have called maliciously to ruin the get together was another hit. Followed by the offer of the section of the fairgrounds, which was possibly a nice gesture.... or maybe it wasn't? I'm going with nice gesture and leaving it at that. Now the thought of wearing the badges so we can pick one another out of the crowd being a possible issue because of possible repercussions It just rather is starting to feel like I'm in grade school against bullies again. Didn't fair well for them in the end, won't if that's the case here either.

I will be there, barring something catastrophic that happens between now and then (sorry, caring for a sick parent for years makes you realize how much is out of our control). I will wear said badge with happiness knowing some of my friends here can find me (or avoid me as the case may be!). If any there cause issues or attempt to, so be it. Rare is the time someone gets belligerent with me. While in truth I have a very good temperament and would help anyone, it helps to be 6'4" at 260. I'll visit the vendor area, and as for the rest of the week, I can do whatever. I know the good roads well, and can entertain myself and any others that want my company with rides, food stops, and good visiting. I'm only there because I love the SS like the rest, and want to meet you all and have fun. Other than the vendor area, the rest is mostly smoke and mirrors to me.

My humble opinion only. May or may not reflect the opinion of others here.

• The badges will be worn with pride. Along with shirts and stickers shown proudly. Heck even the badge holder will have business cards with my name and Slingrazor on them to give to everyone I meet.
    I will wear my colors in a way others will want to associate with the premier Slingshot Forum on the World Wide Web.
    Thanks again Rabtech.

• I don't think anything will come of it in reality, but like I said, my cynicism was showing. Hopefully there will be a couple blue ones left that I can write interesting names on when we get there.... :D

• If there's one thing I've learned about myself over the years... my "inner dyke" can be a downright methodical B*TCH if you get her blood flowing slow RED!

That said, I will not only wear my SLINGSHOTINFO.COM shirts, stickers, lanyards, etc. as a BADGES OF HONOR! ~> If it truly does become an issue, I'll gladly faction off with the crew; utilizing all my planning resources to host our own intimate gathering(s) going forward...

*and for those who know me well... my resolve is ABSOLUTE!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• If there's one thing I've learned about myself over the years... my "inner dyke" can be a downright methodical B*TCH if you get her blood flowing slow RED!

That said, I will not only wear my SLINGSHOTINFO.COM shirts, stickers, lanyards, etc. as a BADGES OF HONOR! ~> If it truly does become an issue, I'll gladly faction off with the crew; utilizing all my planning resources to host our own intimate gathering(s) going forward...

*and for those who know me well... my resolve is ABSOLUTE!

How about naked and tattooed - I have a box of felt tip pens and a steady hand!
    Can you picture this?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The badges will be worn with pride. Along with shirts and stickers shown proudly. Heck even the badge holder will have business cards with my name and Slingrazor on them to give to everyone I meet.
    I will wear my colors in a way others will want to associate with the premier Slingshot Forum on the World Wide Web.
    Thanks again Rabtech.

My sentiments exactly. Thanks for doing this @rabtech! It will help me find those in the 'Short List' easily as I missed some last year.

• You can tag me anytime you like Mitch... (there may even be some pictures out there to prove it)! :whistling::evil:

This is why I love you - I can tease you and you can give it back... You know I have nothing but respect for you young lady!
    You are crazy but you are a dear friend!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!