• Thanks. We on two wheels till there is an end result. I have accepted the fact that this is going to be a long process.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I am copying and pasting the exact email I received today from my dealer.

Hey update on you're slingshot Polaris has asked us to do some test on the cam sensors on your sling shot as soon as tim has a free min I'm gonna have him look at it and run the test

(They have already replaced them once and had the same issue)

This was the response I gave.

Travis if you don't mind, could you give me a name and a number of someone I can talk to at Polaris that handles these kind of issues? I have been down for 20 days now and we not one step closer to solving the problem.

I absolutely refuse to get on this forum and bash Polaris or my dealer. The air is so much cleaner on the high road and I prefer to take it.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Good choice 123hotdog . I know when I went in with a leaky angle drive still under warranty, it took WAY longer than I would have liked to get my Sling back from the dealer. I had a trip to Canada coming up and was getting pretty anxious. Ultimately, Polaris replaced the entire drive in time for my trip. I know the dealer was doing their part but when Polaris delays their response and decision, everyone gets frustrated. I believe that Polaris ultimately stands behind their products, but due to their constant rush to market they seem to always have their hands full in the warranty department.

I sure hope they get you on the road soon. Time's a wastin'!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I feel your pain! I hate it when you spend good money for a product and trust the manufacture to stand behind it and then when you have an issue it seems your getting the runaround. Some folks have put tens of thousands of miles on theirs without so much as a hiccup while others have had many issues. I am thankful that the issues that I have had (that were not caused by me) have been few and small. I'd be glad to help you in any way I can, just let me know.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I feel your pain! I hate it when you spend good money for a product and trust the manufacture to stand behind it and then when you have an issue it seems your getting the runaround. Some folks have put tens of thousands of miles on theirs without so much as a hiccup while others have had many issues. I am thankful that the issues that I have had (that were not caused by me) have been few and small. I'd be glad to help you in any way I can, just let me know.

Thanks a bunch. You and that wife of yours are the best. I'm keeping my sanity but I'm missing a wheel. We taking the VTX on a trip this weekend to Lovers Leap and Hot Springs.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Good choice 123hotdog . I know when I went in with a leaky angle drive still under warranty, it took WAY longer than I would have liked to get my Sling back from the dealer. I had a trip to Canada coming up and was getting pretty anxious. Ultimately, Polaris replaced the entire drive in time for my trip. I know the dealer was doing their part but when Polaris delays their response and decision, everyone gets frustrated. I believe that Polaris ultimately stands behind their products, but due to their constant rush to market they seem to always have their hands full in the warranty department.

I sure hope they get you on the road soon. Time's a wastin'!

Very wise words. Thank you. Spent my Turbo money on a motorcycle. If all goes well maybe Dave@DDMWorks will buy the motorcycle after this is all over and I will get my Turbo? ;) I actually hope to take good care of motorcycle and sell it when done.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Very wise words. Thank you. Spent my Turbo money on a motorcycle. If all goes well maybe Dave@DDMWorks will buy the motorcycle after this is all over and I will get my Turbo? ;) I actually hope to take good care of motorcycle and sell it when done.

I would love to do a trade, but I already have a SV650 that I haven't rode in over a year sitting in storage. Ivy is great, but pretty sure if I bought another vehicle at this point, I might have to sleep at the shop ;)

• I would love to do a trade, but I already have a SV650 that I haven't rode in over a year sitting in storage. Ivy is great, but pretty sure if I bought another vehicle at this point, I might have to sleep at the shop ;)

Then you might want to trade for an RV. A guy needs a back up plan. Plus you could rent it out to turbo junkies on the week days. Win win!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Update: As of yesterday I now have a direct line to Polaris via email and telephone with the proper extension to get a human. Polaris is saying all the right things and now that my dealer is aware that I have contact with Polaris directly, it just seems that things are moving a little faster. :/ Polaris is having them install new cam sensors and wiggle the harness and try to get it to kick the code to determine where the short is. Dealer says they will have this completed this week. Of course we all know what this really means and what others that I have spoke with that have had this issue have said. I need a new h-a-r-n-e-s-s!!!!!!!!! It'll get there eventually. Thank God for the extended warranty. And to think, I only got it because I was concerned about the angle drive being something new to me.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Well well well. Cam sensors from Polaris did not solve problem. What a surprise, and to think, I only had to wait three weeks to find this out. They are now sending out ECU #1. Just as predicted as I have now spoken with multiple people that have had the exact same issue. After this ECU doesn't fix problem, Polaris will send out another ECU just to make sure. Once that is determined to not solve the problem, then and only then will they start sending out the harness which comes in three pieces. I'm sure Polaris will send one piece a week. Just as I was told from others that have had this issue, I will be down a total of 8 to 10 weeks. :/

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Well well well. Cam sensors from Polaris did not solve problem. What a surprise, and to think, I only had to wait three weeks to find this out. They are now sending out ECU #1. Just as predicted as I have now spoken with multiple people that have had the exact same issue. After this ECU doesn't fix problem, Polaris will send out another ECU just to make sure. Once that is determined to not solve the problem, then and only then will they start sending out the harness which comes in three pieces. I'm sure Polaris will send one piece a week. Just as I was told from others that have had this issue, I will be down a total of 8 to 10 weeks. :/

I sincerely hate that you are having to go through this but at least you know what the game is and what to expect. Keep your chin up, we'll get some ridding in this fall!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I sincerely hate that you are having to go through this but at least you know what the game is and what to expect. Keep your chin up, we'll get some ridding in this fall!

Thank you. Absolutely we will get some riding in this fall. I am happy that my dealer tested it and didn't just hand it back to me and say, " here you go, now go break down and tow it in and we'll try again."

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• 123hotdog since you know the next step after trying the ECU is trying a 2nd ECU, is there any chance you could convince them to send out two the first time? I'm feeling your pain!

I just tried in an email to Polaris 30 seconds ago. :| They will not send extra parts at all. If so, they could just send the wiring harness and be done. I do understand it from Polaris's point of view. I do the same thing repairing equipment in my business. I start with the cheapest part and work my way up the ladder until the problem is fixed. I can't imagine what the shop labor would be to replace an entire harness. It could be allot worse, I could be having to foot the bill for it had I not selected the extended warranty.:thumbsup: I am taking the high rode and staying out of the dealer and communicating by email with Polaris and my dealer. It will all work out in the end but unfortunately this is a painful process I must endure. We are staying super busy during this time. It helps.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Look at the bright side. It's giving you more time during peak season for your work to make some extra coin to spend on mods, fuel, and long weekends enjoying the sling with your wife this fall. Rest easy friend we all feel your pain!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ghost A few of us are heading to Maggie July 8 - 12

Not sure if you have any free time but I figured I would reach out to you just in case you were board with staying home and being safe

I definitely appreciate the invite! I am battling kidney stones and some other issues right now but if I get straightened out in time I could really use some time in the curves. 2020 hasn't been the best year for me so far. 3 surgies within the first 6 months and have to go for a small procedure Wednesday. All is well though, long as I keep waking up every day I've been given another chance to improve. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868