Windscreens

• What I like about the Madstad is you can buy just the shield in different sizes for a couple hundred bucks and swap them out in less than 5 minutes. I have a 9" for summer raised to let air flow though, and an 11" for winter on the lowest setting to restrict airflow and still see over it. Helps to stay warmer.

• I had a MadStad 13" Single Adjustable windshield from December 2015 until last Fall when I sold it to switch to a NASCAR style TallBoy +2 windshield from AllThingsSlingshot. I had drilled a second set of holes around 1" higher than the stock holes so I could mount the windshield even lower during cold weather (I should have drilled the holes a little lower than I did because the new holes placed the lowered windshield so low that I need to raise the windshield before opening the hood to avoid scraping. I liked the airflow the MadStad Adjustable provides and only changed because I got tired of worrying about rain running under the windshield and possibly damaging my AFR/Boost gauge. I only really had to worry about once during heavy rain, but I just got tired of worrying about it. I bought some Vetter motorcycle windshield vents off EBAY and plan on experimenting with drilling some scrap plastic before I try drilling the TallBoy +2 to install the Vetter Vents.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• New adjustable windscreen from Twist Dynamics installed today.
    Took it for a ride and what a difference!

Will wait for sunny days to get better pics but thank you all again!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• New adjustable windscreen from Twist Dynamics installed today.
    Took it for a ride and what a difference!

Will wait for sunny days to get better pics but thank you all again!

well I just caught a stone in my new windscreen.....

• That will be time to start wearing my full face shield. I was in Maryland for one of their hatches. The noise was so loud and would drive you crazy. I haven't been right since. I been in NE Florida for 35 years and don't remember them being bad here.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• So I’m looking at windshields now. I’ve been happy with the stock shield until I got velocity sport seats. These seats sit just a bit higher than the originals and now get a lot more buffeting around my head.

I’m looking at the F4 +3 as it says you still look over it. I’m 5’ 9’’. Can anyone share their experiences with this, do you still look over the +3?

I know the madstad adjustable would be a good option too but I just don’t like the looks.

• 5' 5" and I look through the F4+3. The stock windscreen was right at eye level for me. If you still want to look over, that should be a good choice for you.

Edit: I also have the velocity sport seats.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• With a higher seat you may have the top line in your vision which would be annoying. I am 5’9” and just installed the F4 +5 as I want to look through it for eye protection. 2” lower windshield and a higher seat might be an issue if you want to completely look over it.

• I don't know about what angle they use but suspect it is nearly the same. Others on here that have installed those should know. If the angle is the same they could give you a measurement form the top to the dash. I don't know if the +5 is +5 higher or +5 from the bottom of the windshield to the top of the windshield. I do over think everything.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I’ve ridden with no windshield and I didn’t like it. I don’t wear a helmet either, full or half. That short shield setup looks cool but don’t know I could pull it off.

I tried using some cardboard and it seems like +3 would be too tall. I guess I’ll just live with that I got until I feel like I want to buy a new shield and cut it down, which I’d hate to do.