Corona Virus

• If the hospitals get overcrowded, who gets care and who does not?

These decisions, known as ethical triage, have been only in the realm of academic ethics classes and speculation before now. But the realities of the Covid-19 emergency - especially in places like New York - mean that some doctors and nurses may have to make the life saving, and treatment denial decisions sometime soon. As the article says, "No one who participates on a triage team emerges undamaged."

Here's the link, its about a 10 minute read.

https://undark.org/2020/03/29/…19-shortages-health-care/

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

These decisions, known as ethical triage, have been only in the realm of academic ethics classes and speculation before now. But the realities of the Covid-19 emergency - especially in places like New York - mean that some doctors and nurses may have to make the life saving, and treatment denial decisions sometime soon. As the article says, "No one who participates on a triage team emerges undamaged."

if you’re elderly and have many underlying conditions...you’re on the list

it already happened in Italy ....they were given last rites and no treatment....they saved it for younger persons....with a better Chance of survival.

When our hospital bed capacity is reached ...New patients will be laying in the parking lot.

Hence the utmost importance on staying home, wearing a mask and social distancing...It could be you or your relatives in the parking lot without the proper equipment to keep you going.

Unfortunately the young dipshits that went on vacation and spring break will get respirators and their grandparents that stayed home won't.

Edited once, last by Red ().

We would not be in this place if our “wizards of smart” - the ones that want us to trust them with everything had done their job after the Last pandemics. That’s a fact.

Deciding who is most “valuable” is a slippery slope. As a fact we now know the youngest and oldest are expendable in our present society. The “productive” or shall we say , the batteries for the machine will do just fine.
    Aldous Huxley
    nailed it. We are here.

Elsewhere, Douglas White of the University of Pittsburgh and his colleagues have developed a rating system that assigns patients priority scores based on who is most likely to benefit. The goal is to help triage teams decide how to allocate resources based on broad ethical principles. For instance, if the framework scores three patients as equally likely to benefit from a ventilator, but one of the patients is much younger than the rest, age may be the tiebreaker. “That’s not because the younger person has any more intrinsic worth or social value, but because they’re the worst-off in the sense that they’ve had the least opportunity to live through life,” White said.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• We would not be in this place if our “wizards of smart” - the ones that want us to trust them with everything had done their job after the Last pandemics. That’s a fact.

Deciding who is most “valuable” is a slippery slope. As a fact we now know the youngest and oldest are expendable in our present society. The “productive” or shall we say , the batteries for the machine will do just fine.
    Aldous Huxley
    nailed it. We are here.

Elsewhere, Douglas White of the University of Pittsburgh and his colleagues have developed a rating system that assigns patients priority scores based on who is most likely to benefit. The goal is to help triage teams decide how to allocate resources based on broad ethical principles. For instance, if the framework scores three patients as equally likely to benefit from a ventilator, but one of the patients is much younger than the rest, age may be the tiebreaker. “That’s not because the younger person has any more intrinsic worth or social value, but because they’re the worst-off in the sense that they’ve had the least opportunity to live through life,” White said.

all the more reason to stay home

after 60 everyone is on a banana peel

And every year after it gets bigger and slipperier...

• Red - Pay no attention to our malfeasance ineptitude and delinquency of the past. Trust us now - we have your best interest at heart - no , really, this time we mean it!

not sure if Ol’ Ben said this but it sure sounds right to me.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• think the World Health Org. Isn’t in China’s pocket?

look which country has been omitted from this chart.....I’m thinking conspiracy....but...

click on it to see the entire chart and fine print..

My guess is the blue line for China wouldn’t fit on the page....

• think the World Health Org. Isn’t in China’s pocket?

look which country has been omitted from this chart.....I’m thinking conspiracy....but...

click on it to see the entire chart and fine print..

My guess is the blue line for China wouldn’t fit on the page....

I would think China would fall under Developed Each Asia? Although I believe the World Trade Organization still considers China an underdeveloped nation and gives it a special status?

What a joke!

• Starting to wonder how far all this will go. We're already supposed to wear a face covering in public and now limiting how many people can be in places like Walmart, target, home depot because of social distancing and I was ok with that but now they have closed Hocking Hills state Parks saying the trails weren't designed for social distancing. What's next? Don't want to sound like BD but side walks aren't designed for social distancing either. I'll just be here under my rock watching and waiting 😷

• Speaking of sounding like BD, what happens if the economy completely shits the bed and we have millions of people trying to find ways to put food on their tables? What effect will this have on crime, like home invasions? Time to buy more ammo? The governor of SC closed a whole new list of stores yesterday including department and sporting goods stores. However, he SPECIFICALLY stated that this didn't apply to firearms retailers. Is he trying to tell us something??