Corona Virus

• The biggest issue with the number killed by covid is the lack of verification. Currently if someone dies and has any symptoms it's counted as covid. Without testing there is no way to know if they were even exposed to covid-19. Something to consider, if everyone in a nursing home who dies is counted as dying from covid is the death rate for other causes zero? Apparently cancer, heart disease and all natural causes of death have stopped occurring in our elderly population.

Unfortunately this was/is happening in a few FL counties, Dr's are reporting being pressured to list every death as COVID-19 related no matter what the actual cause. Some say they suspect its political, other say monetary.

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The biggest issue with the number killed by covid is the lack of verification. Currently if someone dies and has any symptoms it's counted as covid. Without testing there is no way to know if they were even exposed to covid-19. Something to consider, if everyone in a nursing home who dies is counted as dying from covid is the death rate for other causes zero? Apparently cancer, heart disease and all natural causes of death have stopped occurring in our elderly population.

I agree 100% that the numbers are not accurate and that people who have covid and die from some other cause are being counted as covid , but I also think that with less than 3 full months having passed since the first verifiable death in the U.S. on February 6 no one has any real clue what the true numbers will be - - there is no history of this to even use as an example - - - then add on top of this the fact that most of the country has been on lock down and at minimum trying to social distance for at least 2 months of that time - - pretty simple logic would make it a pretty safe bet that the number of cases has probably been drastically reduced compared to what would be the case if these measures had not been taken

seriously it is very possible that the lock down has saved thousands of lives - - but like many preventative things how do you count things that have been stopped that you cant see??

in the end to me this is the issue - - we are guessing - - no one knows so we have two choices - - assume its no big deal which could make things thousands of times worse or continue with the precautions until we do have some better answers

As I have said in other posts I will support and stand behind peoples right to make their own choice in this thing I just really hope and pray that in the process of exercising this right they keep in mind that they could potentially carry the virus on their hands and person or even have it and not know it. Please respect the rights of others and do not do things where you might unwittingly transfer the virus to someone else - where they might take it home

The way I see it the sooner everyone starts acting this way and going out of their way to insure they dont get others sick - - the sooner we will be able to get back to normal - - - the people who are flaunting their "freedom" and not socially distancing and not wearing masks - - they are the ones that are making this thing drag out longer than it should

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I dont see how job loses can be weighed against deaths its almost guaranteed all of the jobs will come back and the economy will grow and even more jobs will be created - - the deaths on the other hand are forever

The population is still expanding, meaning there are more births than deaths. However, the deaths can never, under any circumstances, be eliminated. But we just found out that the jobs can. Where does this end? I'm with SoCal on this. Something much bigger than my ability to comprehend is going on behind the scenes.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The population is still expanding, meaning there are more births than deaths. However, the deaths can never, under any circumstances, be eliminated. But we just found out that the jobs can. Where does this end? I'm with SoCal on this. Something much bigger than my ability to comprehend is going on behind the scenes.

I am confused - - what jobs have permanently been eliminated - historically jobs come back - and historically not only do they come back but more are created every day - - - population is expanding you are correct, but having other new babies born does not bring back the dead that this virus might kill - jobs come back, dead people do not

So tell me which is more important? - - - would you give up your job tomorrow if it would save a friends family members life? would everyone in your family give up their jobs to save the life of another family member? - - - exactly how many jobs = the life of someone you know and love?

• Okay I wandered into the deep end when I should have stayed in the kiddie pool. Way too deep for me. Would I give up my job to save a life? Does that mean I need public assistance to live? If every person in the country needs the govt to pay their bills, where does the govt get the money? Is the person I saved 10 yrs old or 120? I refuse to equate jobs to life on a value basis. No one 'wins' that discussion. Jobs are as necessary to live your life as life is. The guys without them are sitting along the roads with cardboard signs.

And as far as jobs coming back, explain that to the people who need to buy groceries today. Or pay their rent/mortgage. Say what you want but a thriving economy just got absolutely annihilated.

I'm going to end with this statement: You cannot stop or prevent death. I know I'm right. I've seen too much.

SlingLow out!

• That's a pretty black and white question, and you know that there isn't a simple answer.

When people run out of food, can't pay their rent, too proud to go and ask family for help, what do they do? Maybe if they were single they can make do, but if they have kids at home to take care of and no food on the table. Do you think that they won't work because they "may" bring home or spread a virus to loved ones.

I'm fortunate that I'm not in that place, I work from home 99% of the time anyway. If I did have to travel or go into an office daily, I'd be worried about spreading anything to my elderly mother or my grand kids. It's a risk just going to the store and bringing something home.

But it's things that everyone has to think about, taking care of your self and family, worried about extended family and friends.

• I'm not the best person to ask that question anyway. I don't take jobs, I make jobs. If I give up this one, I'll find another. I've been an accountant, corporate controller, computer programmer, lighting contractor, soil remediation contractor, built-in home theater and stereo salesman and installer, financial advisor, real estate investor, developer and house-flipper, Slingshot parts manufacturer and rock and roll drummer (had to work that one in there). I'm 60 years old and could have 3 or more careers left in me. Or I could retire when I'm ready. I really, really, really, really, really, really don't need someone else rowing my boat!

• this last line to me says it all - - I think we can reopen things and get back up and running, but I also think we need to do so in a way that protects others, family, friends - even those we don't know that we might come into contact with.

very little is really known yet about this virus and if I had my way we would open everything back up right this second IF people would just act as if they knew they could have a deadly virus on their hands and clothes and then acted appropriately - - unfortunately that is not what I am seeing from many people - I am seeing large numbers of people walking around saying that they should have the right to do whatever they want with absolutely no regard for what impact that could have on someone else.

I firmly believe it is these people who are slowing down our recovery - their refusal to follow stay at home and follow social distancing guidelines is forcing those guidelines to be extended further and further out - - - as long people keep doing things that aid in the spread of this how can they expect measures to try to slow the spread to be lifted? - the sooner people stop bitching and instead start helping the sooner this thing can end.

If someone is out there right next to other people without a mask protesting about their rights - - - they are the problem, they are the one making this last longer than it has to

JMO

• "Would I give up my job to save a life?" That would be a great question to ask at an abortion clinic.

:00008356:

They don't have to give up their jobs Pelocy made sure we gave them money in the bill.

Just my opinion but if we don't get things opened up soon - there won't be much left to save.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• we have seen in the last election how polls can be completely wrong....so I never trust polls no matter who is conducting it.

the death numbers are being manipulated for whatever political reason. so I don’t trust the death numbers.

hospitals are getting more money for corona deaths ..than regular deaths....I call it greed...

just like the millions going to gigantic corporations over small businesses...because banks can get a bigger commission...I call that greed.

we have two choices.....let the economy fail and have death and famine and lawlessness homelessness greater than the world has ever seen.....Or we print money to try and maintain civilization.....because the world will do as we do....if our economy goes belly up the world goes belly. We are talking about 7 billion people.....If you want to say the United States is literally going to save the world.....with our money....it is......so who should make the decision to not do it?

So at this point in time the financial cost doesn’t really matter.....long term we should rebound to a much better economy than we have at this moment.....short term....flooding the population with money to keep people from all the above mentioned devastating outcomes is the only solution.... I don’t care what democrats say and i don’t care what republicans say.....about the debt we are creating for future generations....better they have debt Later or death now?

The divisiveness between parties now is absolutely ridiculous....holding up money now because of Your politics should warrant an instant death penalty without a trial.... you don’t needlessly put someone on deaths door because of Your politics....this is not a game you can just tinker around with...

the entire world is in the same or worse condition...other things need to happen....communism needs to end. It doesn’t work unless your only goal is to control 100% of people’s lives....which leads to death and starvation and slave like conditions...While you live like kings.....

China needs to pay a heavy price for their part in this entire mess. They bare the responsibility for being negligent in warning the world..and creating he virus.....and I’m going to guess it was for political reasons...they want to be the world leaders.....we can never let that happen.....we need to put them back in their third world ...world. Same with the middle east.....if you can’t play in the sand box with everyone else...we don’t need you..enough is enough already....purveyors of my religion is better than yours..and I’ll kill you to prove it......we don’t need you...

• A LONG time ago --- Sept/Oct 2019 the major problem most of us has was Where can I get one of those new Matchbox Slingshots? Interesting how things change in a short period of time.

I'm still looking in my area :). Thanks for the one you sent. I'll keep looking and I will win!

• The virus and subsequent shut down have exposed more problems than it created.

To many people living the champagne life on credit when they can't even afford beer. Some people, businesses and governments were failing before the virus but it's a great excuse.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• Well - I guess the thousands of people that decided to crowd onto the beaches this last weekend must have pissed the Governor off

Newsom to close beaches & parks friday

Actually very sad - if the people had done a bit more to make it look like they were socially distancing this probably would not have happened - - now its messed up for everyone

• As a side note I think the opening up of things needs to be determined at a more local level. Cities are more informed about the local conditions than the county leaders, and the county leaders are more informed about the county than the Governor - right now it seems my city thinks its time to start back up and the county seems to want to go the other direction and the Governor seems content to - - well shit I don't know what the Governor wants

I say let local leaders determine whats right for their communities - even different Cities in the same county can have very different conditions and I dont think blanket orders are the best way to get through this

Edit: - I highly suspect that one of the major reasons why this is so messed up is that all of the politicians are deathly afraid that no matter what way they go they will be blamed if something goes wrong for everything that goes wrong

• As a side note I think the opening up of things needs to be determined at a more local level. Cities are more informed about the local conditions than the county leaders, and the county leaders are more informed about the county than the Governor - right now it seems my city thinks its time to start back up and the county seems to want to go the other direction and the Governor seems content to - - well shit I don't know what the Governor wants

I say let local leaders determine whats right for their communities - even different Cities in the same county can have very different conditions and I dont think blanket orders are the best way to get through this

Edit: - I highly suspect that one of the major reasons why this is so messed up is that all of the politicians are deathly afraid that no matter what way they go they will be blamed if something goes wrong for everything that goes wrong

you are giving elected officials (Swamp rats) too much credit....there is a reason the majority of democratic controlled states are in financial trouble long before the virus..

Allowing Thousands homeless people to use the streets as a restroom and bedroom Just for votes...handing out millions of tax dollars to illegals for a vote....
    eating gourmet ice cream instead of working in Congress....for politics...