Corona Virus

• She did win. By 3 MILLION votes.

The system failed all of us.

The system - and the Constitutional protections - worked exactly as intended.

The president is elected by the several states through the Electoral College - not by popular vote. This prevents populous states from shutting smaller states (and their citizens) out of the electoral process.

Without the Electoral College, only 5 states would matter - no candidate would care what citizens of smaller states thought or wanted.

Remember, Hillary Clinton won in just 58 counties.

Donald Trump won in over 3,000 counties. The system worked perfectly and exactly as designed.

PS: if you passed High School civics, I recommend that you request a refund. :thumbup:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• just to add Trump won 30 of the 50 States - Including Iowa - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• One man, one vote. Whether you live in a high population state or a low population state, should not decide if your vote counts as .9999999 or 1.0000001.

A wise man once said, "People get the kind of government they deserve." Congratulations.

• She did win. By 3 MILLION votes.

The system failed all of us.

So your sayin the Constitution failed us and liberal states should select all Presidents - Middle America should not have a voice?? Just because a candidate won because you do not like him does not mean the system failed. Trust me - I was just as unhappy with 8 years of Obama but he won under the rule of law and I had to accept it.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• So openair - I welcome a different point of view and look forward to debating this subject with you. I live in the swamps in Louisiana on a very private ranch. I have lived in many big cities and traveled all over this great country of ours. Places like NYC, LA, San Francisco, Seattle are arguably some of the most interesting and diverse places in the country. IMO they are really fun places to VISIT but for me living there would be a fate worse than death. Many choose to live in these places for economic reasons, weather, scenery and for other unknown reason to me - and put up with insane taxes, crime, nothing being done over the homeless crapping and shooting dope in front of their homes - insane liberal ideology in short IMO. I get it - it is a choice - if for whatever reason we are free to make that choice. I, myself, lived the big city rat race chasing the dollar which thankfully allowed me to retire at a fairly young age. I decided then to move back to where I grew up - out in the country. I can piss off my porch, go 100 yards and deer hunt, shrimp, fish, shoot guns from daylight until dark if I wish. That was the choice that I made and am very happy with it. Now comes the rub. Do you think any of the voters in the aforementioned areas - which more than covers your 3 million votes for the Hillary margin of popular vote victory - gives one iota of what my rights and my vision of freedom is ?? I like to think that there are millions like me that were driven in masses to Trump in 2016 to protect us from the crushing economic policies of liberalism. Before I bloviate to much I will close with this. If you (not you personally) are a liberal person - more power to you - just move to a liberal state where you can create the utopia you have so long desired to impose upon the rest of the nation. The infinite wisdom of the framers of the Constitution foresaw this and put forth measures to protect all of us in Middle America that our voices would always be heard. Someday the shoe may be on the other foot and a conservative wins the popular vote and loses the electoral college and Presidency. I, like you, probably won’t like it but if that is what it takes for Mr or Ms .9999999’s vote to at least be of some value then so be it !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• One man, one vote. Whether you live in a high population state or a low population state, should not decide if your vote counts as .9999999 or 1.0000001.

A wise man once said, "People get the kind of government they deserve." Congratulations.

"One man, one vote" is a pure democracy - you don't live in one... welcome to the republic. The founders wisely rejected both pure democracy and monarchy.

Your ignorance of constitutional checks, balances, and protections is rather frightening.

If you value your constitutional rights, then you must take your civic responsibilities more seriously. One of those responsibilities is to know a bit more about how our government actually functions.

Your deadpan demand that hundreds of millions of Americans must surrender their constitutional rights in a participatory democracy so your candidate can illegally seize an election won't fly here.

Try Venezuela maybe.

• Frankly in my view people who are not informed enough to understand how our government works are not informed enough to be trusted to participate in the selection of our President - - - Seriously how can a person decide who should run something when they dont even know how that something works?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Frankly in my view people who are not informed enough to understand how our government works are not informed enough to be trusted to participate in the selection of our President - - - Seriously how can a person decide who should run something when they dont even know how that something works?

This is why Jefferson said that a literate electorate was essential to the functioning of a free republic.

He was not referring to the ability to read, but the necessity of the citizen to be well read.

Reading the Constitution and Declaration of Independence is a good place to start.

However, I must disagree about restrictions on the right to vote. The Constitution guarantees it. The Supreme Court has repeatedly struck down restrictions, litmus tests, poll taxes, etc.

I DO think we as Americans, and particularly our schools, must redouble our efforts to teach ALL children about American Exceptionalism, civic responsibilities (as well as rights), and how our government functions.

One of things I stress to my education students is to keep their politics OUT of the classroom. We must teach students HOW to think, not WHAT to think. When we see men and women refusing to think, and instead chanting slogans without understanding, we see a symptom - not a problem in and of itself.

Restrictions on the liberty of those we disagree with will not secure liberty for ourselves.

Edited once, last by Doc&Ruby ().

• one thing is for sure....enemies of the world are collecting important data about countries response times, about the public’s ability or willingness to follow critical instructions, the military responsiveness. The way mass populations are effected by germ warfare... how it spreads, how fast it spreads And where to “plant” the bugs To obtain maximum effect.

This was only a drill....the next time they will get it right....

What if this virus was a watered down version to see how it spreads...

The full version would have killed everyone before it spread enough. Next version could be stronger..

• Yep.....The Chinese wanted our Aircraft out of the South China Sea.. By accident or by design they now know how to do it...Without us nuking them in the process..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• If this was a drill that an enemy was totally prepared to observe Us say like with a worldwide pandemic you knew was coming. And had all of your military observation equipment On line ready To collect all this data in real-time.

We just exposed secret military satellite orbits, code words and passwords, military supply routes, gave them secret military targets, civilian targets, OPSEC,

Air to ground communications ( frequencies) , ship to shore communications, ship to ship comms, ship to satellite comms, satellite to satellite comms, air to air comms, troop readiness, supply readiness, reserve readiness, emergency response readiness. how to kill our economy and how long it took.

Observe our food supply to Kill our food supply. Our ability to feed the population. Feed Our war machine

See the medical community response. How unprepared the population was for extended lack of basics. How much travels by train, truck, plane. Critical warehousing and suppliers.

every critical bit of information an enemy could possibly want to cripple an entire military in time of war in one swift move. They just got it. They already know our lack of critical manufacturing because they have it all. And not just For our country, every country that matters and we consider allies.

The virus thing was a perfectly planned and executed military intelligence gathering operation. our military might is second to none but killing off the people that run it wins the war. It won’t be a conventional I shoot at you, you shoot at me war. And We aren’t ready for it.