What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• 3GunSteve

Nice engine bay! Next on my list is to replace the stock clown horn. Looking at this kit. Is this what you have installed? I'm guessing with the supercharger and stock air filter removed it will fit nicely where the old air box was?

129783-pasted-from-clipboard-jpg

• Yeah, I hated that stock horn. Went with a different Amazon one but it was obnoxious too. Landed on these dual tone Fabian ones on Amazon that you see mounted in that pic. It sounds more like a normal car horn now. Definitely didn't pay that price, but those brackets might of been nice! Here's the ones I got - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TX3NDRD

• I have thought about replacing the stock horn it really sounds weak, but then again in the past 5 years, other than messing around or testing after installing my steering wheel, I have only honked the damn thing maybe twice?

When I was younger I replaced several horns in various cars I owned, back then I would just go to Pick a Part and find some big old caddy or some other big tank of a car and would grab the horn off of that - they were usually under $2 and had a bigger car sound than what I was replacing

but anyway, I think if I run across something used at a swap meet or garage sale I might grab it if the price is right - it would be fun I think, but until something like that pops up replacing something I dont use with something I still wont use is way down at the bottom of my mod list

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A couple years back, Twist Dynamics sold a dual air horn set up. I can't find it on their site any more, but it's is exactly this one from Amazon. Simple plug-n-play although I had to get creative with the mounting. You don't even need the relay set - it plugs straight into the stock horn wiring although you do cut off the stock connector and just put in 2 separate spade plugs.

• I purchased a pair of meansling roll bags also. They were great for their purpose, waterproof and attached easy to the roll hoops. I didn't use them much only because they didn't hold their shape. I like and use the roll bags that hold shape for purpose and style. I like the desperado look roll bags give. I think they complement the slingshot, and work great for most trips lasting a few days.

Frankie55 , I have a solution for your Mean Sling bags not holding shape.

I cut a circle that fit the end of bag tight out of cloraplast. You know the realtor signs or voting signs. Anyway I cut those and put them in my bags and hold shape pretty well

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Frankie55 , I have a solution for your Mean Sling bags not holding shape.

I cut a circle that fit the end of bag tight out of cloraplast. You know the realtor signs or voting signs. Anyway I cut those and put them in my bags and hold shape pretty well

my MeanSling bags are holding shape perfectly - in fact even now after several years of ownership they are the same shape they were when I pulled them out of the shipping box =O8|

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• my meazsling bags are holding shape perfectly - in face even now after several years of ownership they are the same shape they were when I pulled them out of the shipping box =O8|

On a random side thought, if you ever decide to get rid of those bags and not use them please send me a message. We use ours quite a bit and with them no longer available wouldn't mind having a backup set put away. Hopefully they atleast unfold after several years of perfect preservation, lol.

• On a random side thought, if you ever decide to get rid of those bags and not use them please send me a message. We use ours quite a bit and with them no longer available wouldn't mind having a backup set put away. Hopefully they atleast unfold after several years of perfect preservation, lol.

Mine are as close to new as you can get. If Ed wants to hold on to his I'll be glad to send mine at a great price.

• I appreciate the offer, but I think I will hang on to my bags. I know Murphy's law well enough to know as soon as I get rid of them that's when I'm going to need them

• Mine are as close to new as you can get. If Ed wants to hold on to his I'll be glad to send mine at a great price.

Well... I don't wanna take your bags either but if you no longer have a use for them I'm definitely not gonna pass up on a great price. You're more than welcome to send me a message with some details if you're ready to part ways.

• I installed this air horn

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch