What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• @Edward Neal I like the center windshield mount. This new lens has added stabilization and the video I just recorded had no shake. The stock 2020 R windshield is not braced. I have the post and suppose it could be. Drilling would make me as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs, but could give me a excuse to buy a taller one.

I can relate - drilling and cutting on slingshot things that didnt come that way does not sit well with me - - I look at the mods like the fender vents and they look really nice, but when I think about drilling and cutting - - yea, no thankyou

Heck I was even looking at the assault roll hoops for a time, but the drilling for the little cover plates really turned me off

My 2016 sling came with the windshield that bolted to the brace - - guess they dont do that with the newer models

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have one of the better ones for my crate. An Audio Control LC7i that emphasizes bass signals as volume is raised as factory systems at times are designed to roll off bass frequencies as volume is raised to keep from distorting the speakers.

Myself, if I were doing a full sound system for the Sling, I'd replace the head unit with one that has proper amp outs. The line converter is not a perfect solution.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/a…k/5873402.p?skuId=5873402

I ended up going with the RCA splitters and tapped right into the signal coming from the Ride Command. The guy from JL Audio said, as long as the voltage was 8 volts or less, I could feed it right into the amp, and he was right. My signal is only about 5 volts and everything sounds great. I spent about thirty minutes this morning tuning the amp and then put the Sling back together. Gonna take the wife and the four-legged kids for a ride today and rock out... 😁

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• IMHO it should be the very first mod. Yes ,I do use my brakes hard when going into the turns. I DO NOT drag my brakes, I hit the pedal hard on entrance one time and make the turn, that is all most of the time.

Maybe so , but his brake lights don’t work!

Just Sayin

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Maybe so , but his brake lights don’t work!

Just Sayin

or - - - perhaps you just were not close enough to tell

:/

• I have one of the better ones for my crate. An Audio Control LC7i that emphasizes bass signals as volume is raised as factory systems at times are designed to roll off bass frequencies as volume is raised to keep from distorting the speakers.

Myself, if I were doing a full sound system for the Sling, I'd replace the head unit with one that has proper amp outs. The line converter is not a perfect solution.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/a…k/5873402.p?skuId=5873402

Been using LC line for years in all my sound systems while keepinf fact head unit. Works like a charm. I currently have an LC6 on my sling set up and LC7 on one of my other vehicles.

• Ordered the DDM master cylinder brace this morning - - ordered it from slingmods - - figured it would help the local economy to order it from an in State company, not to mention the free shipping more than offset the CA sales tax

probably a mod I should have done years ago, but better late than never - - right?

Not to be out done I did the same. It looks like a month or so until I can ride so I may as well do some improvements to pass the time. I also added the coolant tank and billet caps to the order on impulse.

• Still trying to decide where I like this camera mounted the best. Base of the fin is the best mount spot but I don't like shooting through the tinted windshield. Just did a run with it on the windshield centered. Then on the drivers side where it angles back. Totally out of the way unless you want to look at the fender. Have to watch the videos I think the stock windshield vibrates to much.

Don dose your windshield have a center brace?

• Changed my oil/filter AND installed the Fumoto Valve! Was excited to get it installed but forgot what a PITA it is to get to the stock plug. Valve ended up in the 2 o’clock position so even better!😎

My Fumoto valve and adapter/extension is on the way. I almost can't wait to change my oil next go around! Of course this change will still be old school.

We've packed up your order and it's headed your way. It's being shipped First Class Mail via USPS.

ADP-137: 1/2" Adapter For M12-1.75 Valves (compatible With F107SX)

F107SX: Position Adjustable Oil Drain Valve with M12-1.75

NC-10: Nipple Cap For Fumoto Valves With 3/8" Nipples

• EjFord No it doesn't but the camera is working great mounted there now. The new extra wide angle lens has added stability so I am seeing no shake. My only problem now is my VIRB editor is causing my PC to reboot while exporting a edited video. If it isn't one thing it's another. I been using it all a long. Guess I will try Adobe again.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• as a side note I bet places like Jeff lube hate the fumoto valves - - - last thing they need are cars that take forever to drain :thumbsup:

• We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Changed my oil/filter AND installed the Fumoto Valve! Was excited to get it installed but forgot what a PITA it is to get to the stock plug. Valve ended up in the 2 o’clock position so even better!😎

.....waiting to here more feedback on if this really makes life that much easier.....