What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Yeah... Kinda didn't get any pics taken really! Finished her, took the one shot I put in the 1st post. Headed for Daytona the next morning. Spent 3 days taking pics of OTHER people's slings. Then got home and immediately flew out on a business trip!

Here's some screen grabs from some videos she found her way into and a pic of the hood on my living room floor just before re-install.

I'd go take some if I wasn't 800 miles away.

Also, this guy doing his podcast stopped and talked to us about her.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Ordered the DDM master cylinder brace this morning - - ordered it from slingmods - - figured it would help the local economy to order it from an in State company, not to mention the free shipping more than offset the CA sales tax

probably a mod I should have done years ago, but better late than never - - right?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I loved your choice of Battle Star Gallactica, something a true SciFi fan would select, not run of the mill StarWars, ToS or STNG.

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• Ordered the DDM master cylinder brace this morning - - ordered it from slingmods - - figured it would help the local economy to order it from an in State company, not to mention the free shipping more than offset the CA sales tax

probably a mod I should have done years ago, but better late than never - - right?

Let me ( us ) know what you think about it after the install. Have been looking at this for a while....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Let me ( us ) know what you think about it after the install. Have been looking at this for a while....

will do :thumbsup:

Like you I have been looking at this for a very long time - then this morning on my ride into work I got cutoff and had to really slam on the brakes - - came very close to not stopping in time

it was enough to finally push me over the edge on this. I figure if it just firms things up a bit with the brakes it will be more than worth it

• Still trying to decide where I like this camera mounted the best. Base of the fin is the best mount spot but I don't like shooting through the tinted windshield. Just did a run with it on the windshield centered. Then on the drivers side where it angles back. Totally out of the way unless you want to look at the fender. Have to watch the videos I think the stock windshield vibrates to much.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Thanks again for the info. The other posts were also very helpful. I discovered last night, for the first time, what those adapters are that convert high level speaker output to line level signal my amp can use without frying the circuit (glad I didn't try that... lol) they're pretty cheap on Amazon. I also discovered the same thing you mentioned regarding the amp being switchable and I haven't even checked the dip switches to see what they're set at, so I'm going to do that this morning and maybe have better luck today.

I have one of the better ones for my crate. An Audio Control LC7i that emphasizes bass signals as volume is raised as factory systems at times are designed to roll off bass frequencies as volume is raised to keep from distorting the speakers.

Myself, if I were doing a full sound system for the Sling, I'd replace the head unit with one that has proper amp outs. The line converter is not a perfect solution.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/a…k/5873402.p?skuId=5873402

• Still trying to decide where I like this camera mounted the best. Base of the fin is the best mount spot but I don't like shooting through the tinted windshield. Just did a run with it on the windshield centered. Then on the drivers side where it angles back. Totally out of the way unless you want to look at the fender. Have to watch the videos I think the stock windshield vibrates to much.

when I put mine on the windshield I stuck it a few inches below where the bolt for the center brace goes through the windshield - - very solid and no movement at all.

162627736_3941139292574671_8405484978240277021_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=K-HCNDpvMg8AX9hV2NG&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=19e3353a053c4047af2fc5777109db48&oe=607894B3

of course this location no longer exists with my double bubbles

• I think Full Blown was the first with the master cylinder brace and I installed the Full Blown one on Sling I at that time

so, FunCycle did it make a big difference? a mod worth doing?

from what I have read about your driving style you do not use the brakes very often, but I suspect that when you do having a good response might be important - as such I trust your judgement on this

• IMHO it should be the very first mod. Yes ,I do use my brakes hard when going into the turns. I DO NOT drag my brakes, I hit the pedal hard on entrance one time and make the turn, that is all most of the time.

Thank You very much :thumbsup:

• @Edward Neal I like the center windshield mount. This new lens has added stabilization and the video I just recorded had no shake. The stock 2020 R windshield is not braced. I have the post and suppose it could be. Drilling would make me as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs, but could give me a excuse to buy a taller one.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Not much of a mod, but we got new tires yesterday. Pirelli P-Zero front and rear. Haven’t had a chance to test them out, yet. Hope tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• [quote='dewman','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8916-what-was-today-s-sling-project-mods-goodies/&postID=343085#post343085']

I loved your choice of Battle Star Gallactica, something a true SciFi fan would select, not run of the mill StarWars, ToS or STNG.

[/quote]

Might not be the obvious choice, but it gets the looks (even if they're confused looks)! The theme was an easy choice for me. The show is just the best dramatic series ever for my money. You don't need to be a sci-fi fan. Just watch it as a military drama and it'll hook you.

Also, she's only about 2/3 done! More to come!! ....But later... Just going to enjoy riding for a while!!

Sent from my LM-V600 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app