What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• That is the gauge I use as well.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Wash it off wipe it down good with alcohol and it will look totally nasty. Then shoot with the color of your choice.

Thanks, another must do item. Decided to hold off. Plan was to remove it and bring inside to achieve room temp then paint outside but It's just to cold at the moment. I'm worried the paint won't hold as it should. Lots of projects around the corner. 1320 exhaust and supercharger on order now.

• I would like to do some of the mechanical mods you guys do but don't have the skills to do them properly or the place to do them. I really want to have the twin rear exhaust but I am sure doing that kind of work under the SS would put my back and knees out of commission. I am kind of stuck with buying dealer parts a dealer installs. Thank goodness I have no desire for a turbo.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Thanks, another must do item. Decided to hold off. Plan was to remove it and bring inside to achieve room temp then paint outside but It's just to cold at the moment. I'm worried the paint won't hold as it should. Lots of projects around the corner. 1320 exhaust and supercharger on order now.

When I was 17 in the middle of a New Hampshire winter but rebuilding my Honda CB500 it was crazy cold in the garage so no painting there. BUT I did take the front forks off and turn on the heat in the bathroom upstairs and painted them in the bathtub. The overspray will wash off - right? That was the last time I used that "painting booth" lets just say....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• MACAWS Ha I haven't had my SS over 60 mph and have not tried to smoke the rear tire. Did all that in my younger days. Now just trying to get through life with out ever getting a speeding ticket. I am afraid this SS might end that goal it is just to easy go over the speed limit. My housing area has such great roads around the two lakes with lots of tight curves and a speed limit of 25. Sally don't even like to run 25 and the cops like to set up radar to catch the kids. That and old farts and people with kids like to call them to come out and set up the speed traps. Turbo and or a Pedal Commander just might not be the best idea. These SSs look fast when putting along. It is kind of like having a red sports car you are a target.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• MACAWS Ha I haven't had my SS over 60 mph and have not tried to smoke the rear tire. Did all that in my younger days. Now just trying to get through life with out ever getting a speeding ticket. I am afraid this SS might end that goal it is just to easy go over the speed limit. My housing area has such great roads around the two lakes with lots of tight curves and a speed limit of 25. Sally don't even like to run 25 and the cops like to set up radar to catch the kids. That and old farts and people with kids like to call them to come out and set up the speed traps. Turbo and or a Pedal Commander just might not be the best idea. These SSs look fast when putting along. It is kind of like having a red sports car you are a target.

That is why Polaris gave us such a big glove box. Plenty of room for speeding tickets!

Stay safe

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• When I was 17 in the middle of a New Hampshire winter but rebuilding my Honda CB500 it was crazy cold in the garage so no painting there. BUT I did take the front forks off and turn on the heat in the bathroom upstairs and painted them in the bathtub. The overspray will wash off - right? That was the last time I used that "painting booth" lets just say....

Im always looking for somewhere to paint where i shouldnt be painting lol

• I would like to do some of the mechanical mods you guys do but don't have the skills to do them properly or the place to do them. I really want to have the twin rear exhaust but I am sure doing that kind of work under the SS would put my back and knees out of commission. I am kind of stuck with buying dealer parts a dealer installs. Thank goodness I have no desire for a turbo.

For all practical purposes a stock slingshot is a fun machine just as is. IMO it needs very little over stock form. For me it's a guy thing. I've had motorcycles for the better part of 43 years (including many dirt bikes). I'd buy them and do the add on thing till I achieved the happy point. For some reason a few short years later I would sell the machine for the enjoyment of doing the same thing over. A few machines I've kept for longer periods.

I actually intended to trade my 2017 in on a new 2020 or 2021. It's mostly stock and I liked it just fine. But the trade-in value on a machine with low miles and being in great shape was really low. My thoughts I could get a Supercharger on my current sling and create a whole new experience at a far greater value and a large saving on the money side.

• If you're satisfied with the stock engine, NEVER drive a boosted Slingshot! ADDICTION will almost assuredly bite!

Amen to that. I got an offer to drive a boosted sling a couple of years ago and knew better than to do it.... My wife asked why I didn't take them up on their offer on the way home and told her that the credit card couldn't take what would have happened to it if I had taken it for a drive. A man has to know his weaknesses

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Amen to that. I got an offer to drive a boosted sling a couple of years ago and knew better than to do it.... My wife asked why I didn't take them up on their offer on the way home and told her that the credit card couldn't take what would have happened to it if I had taken it for a drive. A man has to know his weaknesses

I hear that! I wouldn't drive one if given the opportunity either.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos