What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Wanted to finish these up and redo them a bit tonight. Plastic weld pen I used the first time didn't hold the rockford grills on my 6.5 kickers as the kickers sit slightly higher than oem speakers... so hit it with some epoxy and now they aren't coming off without some effort! I know I know, these don't belong, but it's keeping me from having to buy new side pods. I left the tweeter wired and plug for it as the kicker goes to the amp I'm adding and leaving factory amp in place. 4 wire coming out is the LED for the kicker speaker these now have a plug should I need to remove again. Epoxy to keep that hole sealed and should work. I'd rather spend $$ on other stuff besides plastic speaker mounts!

• I looked guess I missed them That is a better idea.

Several different designs for fenders. My thought is that the Polaris fender dose not come down enough in the back from preventing the water rooster tail. With out a fender riding in the rain you get wetter from the rooster tail than rain coming down.

• Wanted to finish these up and redo them a bit tonight. Plastic weld pen I used the first time didn't hold the rockford grills on my 6.5 kickers as the kickers sit slightly higher than oem speakers... so hit it with some epoxy and now they aren't coming off without some effort! I know I know, these don't belong, but it's keeping me from having to buy new side pods. I left the tweeter wired and plug for it as the kicker goes to the amp I'm adding and leaving factory amp in place. 4 wire coming out is the LED for the kicker speaker these now have a plug should I need to remove again. Epoxy to keep that hole sealed and should work. I'd rather spend $$ on other stuff besides plastic speaker mounts!

Polaris couldnt even do this right. Why make it so that one person has to modify the shit out of the original pods or replace them in order to change the damn speakers.

• Polaris couldnt even do this right. Why make it so that one person has to modify the shit out of the original pods or replace them in order to change the damn speakers.

I think there are some speakers that will fit these pods w/out too much modification. In theory could use the stock wiring too then if they fit. Either way I had to add the hole for the 4 wire LED light. Had to do the same with the rear pods and I also put a few tiny holes in the bottom so it would drain just in case any water does make its way in there! People want easy and lot of money to be made when you make things easy I guess!

• The wheel and under chassis mood lighting showed up this morning but still waiting on the fuse buss box and harness. I am not feeling the best this morning and it is damp and cold out. Next weekend in my son's garage will be better.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• MACAWS - nice! What steering wheel do you have? My sling came with an assault D wheel and it does make it a tad easier to get in and out but I kinda miss the larger SS Wheel. Is yours the same diameter as the SS standard wheel or perhaps just a bit smaller?That is what I am looking for.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I understand the safety reasoning for the harness install. I added a 4pt to my SxS a few years ago and it's such a pain to put on when you have to use the SxS. Especially if it's a short ride. I wish I'd never installed them. I'm thinking it would be the same trouble using them in the SS. Just my observation. I think I'll leave my sling as it is from the factory. That being said, nice job on the install.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I understand the safety reasoning for the harness install. I added a 4pt to my SxS a few years ago and it's such a pain to put on when you have to use the SxS. Especially if it's a short ride. I wish I'd never installed them. I'm thinking it would be the same trouble using them in the SS. Just my observation. I think I'll leave my sling as it is from the factory. That being said, nice job on the install.

I use them every day!

it just becomes part of the routine

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• MACAWS - nice! What steering wheel do you have? My sling came with an assault D wheel and it does make it a tad easier to get in and out but I kinda miss the larger SS Wheel. Is yours the same diameter as the SS standard wheel or perhaps just a bit smaller?That is what I am looking for.

Thanks an old picture - I am using the Assault "D" wheel now. I didn't much like the NRG wheel it was a bit flimsy. The Assault wheel is much stronger

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• That looks like a great mounting option. Not 100% sure on how safe it would be.

You can also hide the mounts by using the bolts that secure the roll hoops to the frame

You only need to remove the center pods to get to them

How aggravating is it to get stuff into the compartments with harnesses?

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• What type mount do you have for phone and garmin?

That is a DDM enter post and some ram mounts - and as always my mounts do not look anything like that now

That is not a phone it is just an Ipod for music and it is attached now with one of those magnetic pucks and I switched to a different Garmin the Zumo

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!