What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Great wrench day today as well !
    should I be concerned about the heat off of the header? The hood feels hot and I know the new header and gasket will have a smell but should I be putting some kind of heat shield on the hood above the header? The hoses are right above it as well any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Don’t want to start burning things up!

I took mine and had it ceramic powder coated black, I new the shiny wouldn't last and to help keep that heat from spreading.

I didn't do temps before and after, just have faith that it's doing what it should :)

• Hey Bill, if your house deal falls through, I found another nice one for ya’. Only caveat, is it’s in California. BUT, it’s only $340 million. Link here:

https://apple.news/ApG1dMz2CSfmEVYImxuqmZA

We are set to close on the house in Maggie Valley early Feb. I would consider that house for a winter home 😬- BUT it’s in California - they would hang me :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• roadog1aj good to see you back in the loop again! Hope you are well!

Hi SoCal !!

Thanks for the well wishes! We're doing good and just taking life as it comes at us these days! 2020 sure took it's toll, but everyone's in the same boat, so we're not alone!! I check in to this forum at least once every day. You might say it's my fix!! I don't have much to add in the way of interesting updates and insightful information, but Damn do I love reading what you all are doing to your Slings, and posting your experiences!!! For now we're marking our calendar and counting down to the first day we'll be able to crack our Sling out and burn some more rubber off the back tire!!!!!

Thanks and hope you're doing well also!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Got my halos done tonight.

Waiting on the tucked in license plate frame to come in and already have the single downward facing LED in place for when I do the frame

Will be putting the smoked turn signal covers on tomorrow. Then give her a bath and pack. Ready Freddy!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• For those interested in the halo's This is where I got them and inexpensive as well. I had these on my last SS and they worked great. Just tie them into the black/red wires on the turn signals and away you go! You will need your own 3M 1/2" double sided tape and primer on the headlight ring is a good thing too.

• That's a great price! Went with Tric ones as wife wanted chaser halos that tied into wheel lights...paid way to much and I'm sure there was a way to do for 1/3 the price! Nice find!

if you don’t mind snapping the light ring into the lens and then putting your own double-sided tape on the back and soldering a few leads these are great!

all in all it took about an hour to get these things done / happy camper!

• Man that looks nice. You got a link to that plate holder and light? I am guessing you have to wire the light in? Your new sling is looking great.

• Man that looks nice. You got a link to that plate holder and light? I am guessing you have to wire the light in? Your new sling is looking great.

I picked mine up, really looks nice, but I think it may have been used who knows it could’ve come off of my last SS on eBay for $16. I had this on my last SS and really liked it. There is a quick disconnect wire that goes to the stock license plate. If you do not install or tie into those wires it is strictly a plug and play and remove 3) 6mm stock bolts to change it out. The light is removed from the stock license plate set up and you reuse it.

I also got and installed the license plate holder on Amazon. After I installed the two lower bolts I sprayed the back of the license plate with flat black.

I also ordered a bag of 100 license plate black button cover ups on eBay for about 10 bucks. I hate the way the stock bolts look all over the slingshot and I will also be buying 100 round head Allen head 6 mm screws to change them out and put my snap caps on all over again to clean things up.

hope this helps you

• if you don’t mind putting things together super bright LED website is a treasure trove of parts for LEDs

I've been getting under-cabinet lighting and some other stuff from these guys. They have excellent tech service before and after the sale. If you're not sure what will work for you, you can get them on the phone to consult.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)