What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I picked up the 5000's for $900 from https://www.quickjack.com/refurbished/ about 18 months ago. They don't have anything for sale right now, but I'd suggest checking that site about once a week to see if something comes up. Full warranty and they have great support.

I had a quick connect start leaking, after about 6 months use, they sent me a replacement with no questions asked.

• You guys all have memories like a freakin elephant

No that's not it counselor!

It is just that everything you do is so memorable!

Any luck finding a new mountain home?

We are taking a look at a few places off the Blue Ridge this weekend in the Sparta NC area

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• No that's not it counselor!

We are taking a look at a few places off the Blue Ridge this weekend in the Sparta NC area

My wife has another year or so till retirement. I like that area, gotta twist the wife's arm. Send pic's

• My wife has another year or so till retirement. I like that area, gotta twist the wife's arm. Send pic's

We already have a cabin in that area that overlooks the Blue Ridge and Dauolton Park.

Here is the view from our screen room on the deck. Dauolton Park is in the foreground and the mountain in the distance is the Blue Ridge. We have been trying to get a garage built so we can move there. But as you can guess building on the side of a mountain has its challenges. We love the place and do not want to give it up but we are looking around to see our options.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• No that's not it counselor!

Haven’t found one yet. Have decided on the Maggie Valley/Waynesville area. I’m still figuring this mountain real estate out. I’ve always heard “million dollar views” but never knew they meant it literally!! Seems like we have been unable to check off all the boxes - house and view perfect - gotta drive off a cliff to get to it with no parking or no internet. Luckily we are still livin on the insurance company’s dime and have plenty time to look. Transitioning from a flat land coonass to a mountain hillbilly presents somewhat of a learning curve for me - moonshine is the only thing that Imma slidin into with ease 😬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Haven’t found one yet. Have decided on the Maggie Valley/Waynesville area. I’m still figuring this mountain real estate out. I’ve always heard “million dollar views” but never knew they meant it literally!! Seems like we have been unable to check off all the boxes - house and view perfect - gotta drive off a cliff to get to it with no parking or no internet. Luckily we are still livin on the insurance company’s dime and have plenty time to look. Transitioning from a flat land coonass to a mountain hillbilly presents somewhat of a learning curve for me - moonshine is the only thing that Imma slidin into with ease 😬

That is why we bought further north - we are about 3 hrs from the Maggie area at half the price. But the road to our cabin is a 12 degree gravel road - not exactly Sling Friendly.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• That is why we bought further north - we are about 3 hrs from the Maggie area at half the price. But the road to our cabin is a 12 degree gravel road - not exactly Sling Friendly.

We may branch out and look up your way - prices are insane for what you get. Went and looked at a new construction house that is on top of a mountain looking down on Maggie Valley. Nice road up but makes the Dragons Tail look like a straight road. House was about 2200 sq ft for $585K. $265 a foot is just crazy - and ya might be able to get Hughes Net internet - MAYBE?? Where would you suggest a good place to look north of Maggie Valley?? I’m open to suggestions - I may be a dumb coonass but I ain’t stupid :00008172:

• Changed the redline angle drive oil

for the second time. This is what it looks like. Good? Bad? The magnetic lower plug had some black goo on it but no metal that I could see or feel.

Thoughts?

Looks like a strawberry milkshake... lol 😋

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• If the ramps are on a slick floor, like most garage floors, they often slide. If the are on something rougher, like normal surface cement, they work great. I use mine in the garage, and place them on a large carpeted mat with rubber backing. Completely solved my issue with sliding.

I'm sure there are a million factors that make every situation different. Maybe it's my garage floor, maybe it's the brand of ramps I bought, maybe it's the type of tires I have, or a combination of many things. All I know is, she rolled up those ramps like a boss with no slipping or sliding and it only took three seconds to get my Sling nearly a foot off the ground with nothing underneath it except plenty of room to roll around on my creeper. I love my set up and since the ramps I bought are rated for 16k lbs, I don't need jack stands. Just have to make sure that parking brake is set... 🤪

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• We may branch out and look up your way - prices are insane for what you get. Went and looked at a new construction house that is on top of a mountain looking down on Maggie Valley. Nice road up but makes the Dragons Tail look like a straight road. House was about 2200 sq ft for $585K. $265 a foot is just crazy - and ya might be able to get Hughes Net internet - MAYBE?? Where would you suggest a good place to look north of Maggie Valley?? I’m open to suggestions - I may be a dumb coonass but I ain’t stupid :00008172:

Pretty much everywhere the housing market is booming, if you are selling :)

Dallas area of Texas has houses going for CA prices these days. Good luck on the search for a house.

Give https://skyrunner.net/ a call, I asked some colleagues and they pointed me to this group for service in that area.

• Pretty much everywhere the housing market is booming, if you are selling :)

Dallas area of Texas has houses going for CA prices these days. Good luck on the search for a house.

Give https://skyrunner.net/ a call, I asked some colleagues and they pointed me to this group for service in that area.

Thanks a million - lot of folks in some areas have Spectrum cable here but up in the mountains - nada!! What you sent covers all of Haywood County where we are looking. Gonna call tomorrow and find out if they can help me out cause I haven’t seen one sign advertising them. It would definitely simplify my house search. Houses here are selling in a few days - some in hours. DEFINITELY a sellers market right now!!

• Personally, I'm reluctant to recommend Elon Musk's new start-up Starlink (he's putting so many Internet relay satellites up that they're interfering with astronomical research), but recent reports say Starlink's service puts other satellite internet providers to shame with speeds in excess of 100 Mbps. Don't know about latency numbers, but Since you're retired, I'd assume that shouldn't really affect your usage. See - https://www.satelliteinternet.com/providers/starlink/.

• We may branch out and look up your way - prices are insane for what you get. Went and looked at a new construction house that is on top of a mountain looking down on Maggie Valley. Nice road up but makes the Dragons Tail look like a straight road. House was about 2200 sq ft for $585K. $265 a foot is just crazy - and ya might be able to get Hughes Net internet - MAYBE?? Where would you suggest a good place to look north of Maggie Valley?? I’m open to suggestions - I may be a dumb coonass but I ain’t stupid :00008172:

What?

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Personally, I'm reluctant to recommend Elon Musk's new start-up Starlink (he's putting so many Internet relay satellites up that they're interfering with astronomical research), but recent reports say Starlink's service puts other satellite internet providers to shame with speeds in excess of 100 Mbps. Don't know about latency numbers, but Since you're retired, I'd assume that shouldn't really affect your usage. See - https://www.satelliteinternet.com/providers/starlink/.

I'm following this with interest. It's just in a beta phase and they are targeting the northern states right now.

Supposedly they are going to have this rolled out globally by the end of 2021 though, so it's an aggressive schedule. Pricing is also pretty attractive, but we also don't know final pricing numbers, only the beta pricing.

Latency is reported good from existing beta users, it's around 20ms, which is MUCH better than any traditional satellite provider (usually around 400ms).

For those of you who still carry flip phones, latency is the time it takes a packet or bit of data to travel from your computer to the far end device (like a web server) and back to your computer. In the voice world, we want 250ms or less for good audio, anything more and you get too much delay in talking. Netflix, etc streaming doesn't care, and that type of delay doesn't affect it.