What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Does the heat escaping from the vent add to the heat in the cabin? Heat coming over the windshield?

Depends on windshield. with my madstadd raised up it does bring in heat into the cabin. I dont think vents have much functionality tbh. I added them for cosmetic purposes. They look much better than stock

• Does the heat escaping from the vent add to the heat in the cabin? Heat coming over the windshield?

this is an good question - I suspect that with my double bubble windshields, and the vent sitting right in the gap between the windshields that the airflow through that area will keep it from being an issue - - - unlike the area behind a full normal windshield where a vacuum is created the area between the double bubbles is like a wind tunnel

But if I am wrong I will certainly let you know

Edit: One of the reasons why I chose the Assault hood vent was because I think the raised wedge design is not only very different from all of the other options but I think it will pair nicely both in looks and in function with the double bubble windshields :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Been using LC line for years in all my sound systems while keepinf fact head unit. Works like a charm. I currently have an LC6 on my sling set up and LC7 on one of my other vehicles.

Honestly at this not crazy about it. Miss a head unit with dedicated amp outs. I may try lowering the threshold to see if that makes the transition seem a bit more transparent. Now the transition from sub off to sub on is jarring.

• okay - my DDM Master Cylinder brace arrived this afternoon and as advertised it was a very easy 10 minute install. When I was done I took the sling out for a very short ride for a few blocks to see if it made any difference - - - the answer is a resounding YES

One of my biggest complaints about my brakes over the last almost 4 years has never been that they don't work, my complaint has been inconsistency - every time I stop for the first time the first time I push the peddal has felt soft as if it wasn't going to work, then if I press it a second time - - then it feels much better - - - - - Now that inconsistency seems to be gone - first push feels much better and second and third feel the same - - - - - - did this make my brakes perfect - of course not, but this does seem do do exactly what I was hoping it would do - - - no more mushy first push of the pedal - - more consistency and predictability so I can feel more confidant on what will happen every time I need to stop

all in all - - defiantly a mod worth the money :thumbsup:

SoCal - - - hope this tells you what you wanted to know

• Some snaps of today’s mod

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Now if you do not have the Hawk 5.0 pads you need to get them. If you do not like dust you can try the Hawk ceramic pads

• Now if you do not have the Hawk 5.0 pads you need to get them. If you do not like dust you can try the Hawk ceramic pads

I will definitely keep this mind - - - - are there any other mods that you consider "must have" mods for the NA Sling driver??

I figure with your reputation as a very skilled driver combined with the huge number of slingshot miles you have put down you probably know better than most which mods provide the most bang for the buck

I will definitely keep this mind - - - - are there any other mods that you consider "must have" mods for the NA Sling driver??

I figure with your reputation as a very skilled driver combined with the huge number of slingshot miles you have put down you probably know better than most which mods provide the most bang for the buck

I also think that the DDM Short Shifter is one of the best mods to do first. About the only other two mods that I tell everyone about and to do are the CAI and the Cat delete pipe. I have spent a lot of money on things that did not help anything. One being everyone wants to do exhaust systems even when the stock system with the cat delete pipe sounds just as good or better to me than most systems out there. I am still running the stock muffler (internal cat has been bypassed) on Sling II. One day I will check the speed/power between Sling I with everything including the tune and Sling II

• I also think that the DDM Short Shifter is one of the best mods to do first. About the only other two mods that I tell everyone about and to do are the CAI and the Cat delete pipe. I have spent a lot of money on things that did not help anything. One being everyone wants to do exhaust systems even when the stock system with the cat delete pipe sounds just as good or better to me than most systems out there. I am still running the stock muffler (internal cat has been bypassed) on Sling II. One day I will check the speed/power between Sling I with everything including the tune and Sling II

Yes - I have had the DDM short shifter for a long time and agree it is one of the best mods - - - I have stayed away from exhaust mods as this is California and even though "motorcycles" are not subject to smog inspections in California things can change as to CAI I haven't bothered with that either - - I saw some tests that Kyle D did with cat's and the power gains just didn't seem to be enough to justify the $$ - - in the end I decided that a K&N filter in the stock air box was probably as good as any of the other options - - and as with the exhaust - this is California and you just never know what the crazy left government might decide to do

• Yes - I have had the DDM short shifter for a long time and agree it is one of the best mods - - - I have stayed from exhaust mods as this is California and even though "motorcycles" are not subject to smog inspections in California things can change as to CAI I haven't bothered with that either - - I saw some tests that Kyle D did with cat's and the power gains just didn't seem to be enough to justify the $$ - - in the end I decided that a K&N filter in the stock air box was probably as good as any of the other options - - and as with the exhaust - this is California and you just never know what the crazy left government might decide to do

Early on there were people doing the K & N filter and also opening up some more holes on the inlet side of the stock filter box which was giving you a little more inlet air flow.

• Yes - I have had the DDM short shifter for a long time and agree it is one of the best mods - - - I have stayed away from exhaust mods as this is California and even though "motorcycles" are not subject to smog inspections in California things can change as to CAI I haven't bothered with that either - - I saw some tests that Kyle D did with cat's and the power gains just didn't seem to be enough to justify the $$ - - in the end I decided that a K&N filter in the stock air box was probably as good as any of the other options - - and as with the exhaust - this is California and you just never know what the crazy left government might decide to do

I think the main difference a CAI makes is probably mainly psychological in that the aftermarket CAIs generally have a louder, throaty sound to them compared to stock and most folks seem to associate the sound difference to power since it seems louder during acceleration. They generally DO sound good, though.

• It has been only about 36 hours since I bought something for the SS so ya- over due for sure 🤑.. Thanks Ed!!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

On my Sling, nothing that comes out of the vent, or even over the hood for that matter, makes it into the cabin because of the air flow my windscreen sends up and over the roof. I know it's different for those that ride around "topless" but, that's been my experience, thus far.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"