SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2020

• I have been riding that road way before it was ever called the Dragon. Since the early 70's and back then there was very little traffic on it.

AH HA !! Now it’s coming into focus why you can never use the brakes - history always tells everything !!! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• don't want to go if all the rides are already booked.

Who needs the group rides, just join up with some group each day.

Listen to Fun Peg!

Those group rides can be over rated.

Was at SSITA a few years ago, and whoever led my ride of 12 SS's, didn't wait when 5 of us got hung up at a left turn signal. That was about a mile into it.

With that said, I was on a Facebook Group ride with about 15 that was flawless!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I have led several group rides organized by the event. The followers don’t have a good time and as group leader it is kinda like sittin on your nuts - you don’t want to do it and once you have it is a painful experience. Either you are going too fast or too slow - pain in the ass to keep everyone together in these groups of 25+. Been to events all across the US and it is much better to hook up with 6 - 10 buddies and strike out on your own - MUCH better time !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I went on 1 group ride - bailed half way thru.

I feel for the ride leaders as they are trying to keep everyone happy and with groups that large it is impossible.

When we organize rides at our events we always have 2 groups for the same ride that leave about 10 minutes apart.

Group #1 is the irresponsible - fast pace group

Group #2 is the responsible group - the under the speed limit crowd

This has worked very well for us in the past / average group is 6-10 slings

Just passin that on

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I think that most of us fall into group 1.5...I don't want to be irresponsible but I sure as shit don't want to go under the speed limit either. There's a lot of 10mph speed limits on the Tail.

• I think that most of us fall into group 1.5...I don't want to be irresponsible but I sure as shit don't want to go under the speed limit either. There's a lot of 10mph speed limits on the Tail.

I was only referring to what we do at our events in Virginia. At Maggie I usually ride with rabtech and FunCycle 10mph over would be responsible riding with them. Most of the time I am holding on for dear life and have no idea how fast I am going.

To quote Rabtech if you are here to view the scenery or looking for a leisurely Sunday cruise thru the mountains - you are on the wrong ride!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I was only referring to what we do at our events in Virginia. At Maggie I usually ride with rabtech and FunCycle 10mph over would be responsible riding with them. Most of the time I am holding on for dear life and have no idea how fast I am going.

To quote Rabtech if you are here to view the scenery or looking for a leisurely Sunday cruise thru the mountains - you are on the wrong ride!

That would be right up to a point. Most of the time it is TWICE the posted speed limit.

• The smaller group rides are where it's at. I was lucky enough to ride with rabtech MACAWS FunCycle and and a couple others last year and those were the best rides I went on all week. I would run around with them during the day and at night once the show shut down for the night kev and I usually went for a leisurely sight seeing lap around blue ridge pkway. My brand new tire was bald after 4 days and I went through 50 gal of fuel that week. Money well spent in my book.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• " Leisurely" he could barely keep up ! No it was great getting out for a fun couple hours every day after working the booth , smaller rides are great, and I didn't laugh once when @kyle had to push his Slingshot out the down hill laneway then jump in on the fly and coast the rest of the way out of the rental complex every morning, so as not to wake every cabin, lol That drag pipe is loud !

• All booked and can't wait to see everyone again this year was definitely great times last year and I know it will be again this year. We booked at Jonathan Creek. Can't wait.

Hey Scratch!

We're trying...

Room booked Jonathan Creek...

Not registered yet...

Baby's got a brand new bag! (job)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: