Brake Video

• I haven't seen any videos or even instructions, just checked two vendors and neither had them. It's basically the same process as doing a car brake pad swap out.

The rear needs a tool to compress the piston, due to the emergency brake on the rotor, it turns the piston as it compresses and that is needed.

Start with the front, jack up the sling, take the wheel off and there are two (10mm I think) bolts holding the caliper on. I wouldn't take the brake line loose, then you would need a bleed. I always set something nearby to sit the caliper on so I don't put weight on the brake line.

Pull the pads off (take note of how they are oriented, take a pic if needed) , use a compression tool to push the piston in, then install the new pads in the same way that the old ones were.

Reverse the process to install everything back to how it was.

Most auto stores will "rent" you a compression tool, you put a deposit down and get it back once you return the tool.

I did have an issue with the tool I got, don't remember which parts store it was, but the holes/pins didn't line up for the rear's compression, wound up using a large pair of needlenose pliers and a c-clamp to compress and rotate, but it was better than a 45 minute drive back to town round trip to visit a different parts store. Hopefully someone else on here can tell you which store has the better tool.

Keep in mind if you are replacing the rotors as well, they need to be bedded properly.

Let me know if you have questions.

• The parking brake makes the rear brake a little more complicated.

I compiled some pages from the 2015-17 Service Manual, but the file is too big to attached. PM me your email address and I can send it to you.

I take screen shots of the pages and save them to photos and then you can put them right in your post with attachments.

• Ruptured Duck did a fantastic and detailed write-up for installing brakes in the DIY section of this forum. It was in reference to installing Hawk 5.0 pads, but the instructions are great for any pads, including OEM replacements.

Here's a link to his post:

Installing Aftermarket (Honda - Acura) Brake Pads

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi