Ride in the Rain

• My wife and I took Scout (as in, "Get 'Em Up Scout") to Mason City (IA) Powersports today for the 500 service. It started a very light rain about 15 miles before we got there. Rained all during the service and then REALLY rained all the way home, around 50 miles. Around 30 miles on 4 lane and the rest is two lane back roads.

We had a couple of the cheap ponchos along, but the wind kept them everywhere except on us. When we got home, we were as dry as if we had taken the car!!!!

The SS was filthy, but we were dry. On a motorcycle, we would have been soaked. Amazing.

• With my slingshot as my daily driver I have ridden in the rain several times and even in fairly heavy rain I have stayed pretty dry. I have a rain suite but I have never bothered to stop and put it on, with the stock blade windshield the rain mostly gets me in the face and the full helmet takes care of that - - - the only time I really got soaked was when I was sitting at a light in a somewhat flooded intersection and a guy in a big 4x4 truck blasted past everyone and nailed me with his wake - - - A$$ hole

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• With my slingshot as my daily driver I have ridden in the rain several times and even in fairly heavy rain I have stayed pretty dry. I have a rain suite but I have never bothered to stop and put it on, with the stock blade windshield the rain mostly gets me in the face and the full helmet takes care of that - - - the only time I really got soaked was when I was sitting at a light in a somewhat flooded intersection and a guy in a big 4x4 truck blasted past everyone and nailed me with his wake - - - A$$ hole

I was on a 2 wheeler right after a big deluge ....I came up on a giant deep puddle that completely covered my lane and over into the oncoming lane....

Car driver coming toward me and all I could see was a windshield full of teeth....he floored it and sent a giant wave right at me......you could have surfed it.....needless to say he got me....cowabunga dude...

• The one problem I see for Slingshots in the rain is the rear wheel is in the oil soaked center of the lane. Most dangerous in light rain. Heavy rain will wash most of the oil off the center lane but it is still a lousy surface for traction. That is why I do not ride in the rain.

• The one problem I see for Slingshots in the rain is the rear wheel is in the oil soaked center of the lane. Most dangerous in light rain. Heavy rain will wash most of the oil off the center lane but it is still a lousy surface for traction. That is why I do not ride in the rain.

And the fronts are in the ruts that have water in them

• What windshield and/or top do you have?

Stock SL. No top.

I did pull out to pass someone and thought the engine had died. Looked at the dash and saw the squiggly line thingy was lit. Guess the traction control did not agree with my driving choice.

• I haven't tried riding in the rain just yet, but it's on the horizon because living here in the Midwest(Ohio), it's been raining and a chance of thunderstorms every freaking day!! I want to get more miles on her but not sure how she'll hold up in the rain. With everything else you do, just have to use common sense and go slower and understand what it is that your riding and where the power comes from. I rode my Goldwing rain or shine with rain gear, but I just took my time and rode slow and easy on the turns and the throttle. I imagine it would be the same with the SS.

Be safe and God bless!

• I do not ever plan on riding in the rain but I have been caught in rain storms many many times. Some so hard I was doing 20mph because I could not see the road. So afraid someone was going to slam me from behind. That rain storm I was soaked to the bone. Just a normal rain is not to bad, Hydroplaning is what always scares me. Been there done that once.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I do not ever plan on riding in the rain but I have been caught in rain storms many many times. Some so hard I was doing 20mph because I could not see the road. So afraid someone was going to slam me from behind. That rain storm I was soaked to the bone. Just a normal rain is not to bad, Hydroplaning is what always scares me. Been there done that once.

Just took a car ride a few weekends ago to pick up girlfriends mother in lower West Virginia ...ran into a huge rain event...wipers couldn't keep up, coming in heavy sheets and the road and other cars kept disappearing..

I put on my 4 ways and I wish everyone in front of me did also....you could barely see their running lights but if they hit the brakes they became much more visible.....that’s why I had my flashers on so people behind me could see me. not because I was going under the speed limit....so my rear end was visible...

Keep that in mind. ...keep yourself visible to the other guy..

• Just took a car ride a few weekends ago to pick up girlfriends mother in lower West Virginia ...ran into a huge rain event...wipers couldn't keep up, coming in heavy sheets and the road and other cars kept disappearing..

I put on my 4 ways and I wish everyone in front of me did also....you could barely see their running lights but if they hit the brakes they became much more visible.....that’s why I had my flashers on so people behind me could see me. not because I was going under the speed limit....so my rear end was visible...

Keep that in mind. ...keep yourself visible to the other guy..

Flashers were on figured that went without saying :)

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: