Dust Off That Powder Blue Tuxedo ..... It's Homecoming Time

• Thanks Phil, Rob, Erica, Doug, Ross, and others!!!

REALLY wanted to go and see y'all, along with meet so many others that are still on my Sling of fame list... 😔 😭

The dates aren't the same, but it did cause plans to change unfortunately...

• My lovely wife is a bit worried about me traveling alone on the trip down to Homecoming. Anyone headed down from around Minnesota (not Michigan SlingLow X() or Iowa or Wi. I plan to leave on Tuesday the 18th but can really leave anytime. I am not worried but trying to put the wife at ease. If not it is not the end of the world.

• Minnesota (not Michigan SlingLow X(

Oops, my bad! MI not MN or MA or MD or ME or MN or MS or MO or MT. I'm a little envious you're bringing your Sling and hope you find a riding buddy. I understand the wife's concern. I get the same thing when I head out solo during hunting season but I do what I gotta do!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My lovely wife is a bit worried about me traveling alone on the trip down to Homecoming. Anyone headed down from around Minnesota (not Michigan SlingLow X() or Iowa or Wi. I plan to leave on Tuesday the 18th but can really leave anytime. I am not worried but trying to put the wife at ease. If not it is not the end of the world.

I will be leaving on the 17 th and will not get back home until the 30 th.

I'm leaving Sunday or Monday sir - extended forecast is calling for rain on Monday so I will likely leave on Sunday

Would your wife be at ease if a woman answered this to go with you?

• Check your E-Mail for the new info on the Slingshot factory tours. Kind of looks like there will not be any free factory tours. 36 tickets for Friday @ $50 and 36 tickets for Sat. @ $25. I will not be going to this event.

Yup, I got that too...that was one of the big reasons I was driving the Sling 800 miles up there. Might not be able to hit that email date/time either as my daughter is in a competition in Atlanta that evening.

I wonder if the tours we previously booked will still happen with the abbreviated video version.

• Really?

We have worked real hard to make this an event for the owners and not for the profit of those putting on a show. The video/catwalk tours are what was made available by Polaris originally. We worked with them to provide what they could on the factory floor. This is a working facility that does not normally provide the public access we have been given for this event.

We put this event together as a no cost gathering for the owners and vendors.

Was hoping to meet up with everyone for a couple of days. Hope you will change your mind.

• Hey! I have done the Corvette tour 3 different times with no problems such as this.

• i have a lot of respect for your inputs.

All I would like to say is:

Do you think the likes of Ross, Jim, or myself would ever do anything other than what is best for the community? That is all we are trying to do.

The money raised for the tours is going to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Trust Foundation. Not in our pockets like other events being put on.

• i have a lot of respect for your inputs.

All I would like to say is:

Do you think the likes of Ross, Jim, or myself would ever do anything other than what is best for the community? That is all we are trying to do.

The money raised for the tours is going to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Trust Foundation. Not in our pockets like other events being put on.

I think some of the confusion is that there are two tours and the email was badly worded hopefully? You mention the free tour is catwalk and video tours. The catwalk part is probably what most people were expecting. The email sent out about the VIP tours mention only video, no mention of the catwalk part.

I appreciate what everyone is trying to accomplish from SOG and this is your first event, so there will be growing pains.

Also, the email didn't say anything about the money being for a non-profit foundation, that does put a different light on things.

Am I right in my understanding?

• [quote='Slingrazor','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7609-dust-off-that-powder-blue-tuxedo-it-s-homecoming-time/&postID=271077#post271077']

Really?

We have worked real hard to make this an event for the owners and not for the profit of those putting on a show. The video/catwalk tours are what was made available by Polaris originally. We worked with them to provide what they could on the factory floor. This is a working facility that does not normally provide the public access we have been given for this event.

We put this event together as a no cost gathering for the owners and vendors.

Was hoping to meet up with everyone for a couple of days. Hope you will change your mind.

[/quote]

I am planning on sending in my reservation for the VIP tour the moment it opens up. I got to do the catwalk tour last March and want to see it up close.

Good to hear that the fee will go to our cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter