Cleaning /shining black plastic

• I HATE cleaning the wheels on the Grasshopper, so NOW you have got my attention, I just ordered a bottle! :thumbsup:

Bill

I ordered a bottle also, I will find out if it works better on the wheels than the F-11. The dust just wipes off with the F-11 just like I have already said before. My SS does not get wet unless it is raining, but before someone says something. By the end of today I will break the 79,000 mile mark.

• I ordered a bottle also, I will find out if it works better on the wheels than the F-11. The dust just wipes off with the F-11 just like I have already said before. My SS does not get wet unless it is raining, but before someone says something. By the end of today I will break the 79,000 mile mark.

I'm going to have to work hard to catch up...just at 74,000. Keep rolling.

• no

I’m on my second cover already...the suns uv rays killed the first one....kinda like dry rot.....imagine what it does to paint....it’s going to fade it, no matter what polish you use....

I cover mine every time I’m done riding....it sits in the driveway.....that said I’m kinda up wind of a steel mill....so I get lots of limestone and sulfur, acid rain and other dirty crap falling on it all the time.....once the sun hits those water spots and drys them....it etches the paint surface...leaving an ugly spot.

Since it’s mostly 99% plastic keeping the sun off it as much as possible can’t hurt.....I had a black sweatshirt on the seat in my van....the sun turned it gray....and it happened fairly fast....even a cheap cover is better than none at all....

I’m on the shine armor site now...they are offering discount coupons....

• just noticed this .....

One 8oz Bottle = 1 month of ceramic wash, shine, and protection (One FORTIFY QUICK COAT application lasts 6-12 months, but we recommend applying monthly for superior protection and best results)

So does it really last 6-12 months if you apply it every month...how will you know...

• Shatneyman when I applied mine initially I washed then clayed the car since we were just getting out of winter so I wanted the surface to be as contaminants free as possible and the results have been astounding silky smooth surfaces like F11 at a fraction of the price and does not disappear after 10 car washes which is not a big thing for slingshot but for subs/cars it is.

Currently the only part of the slingshot that has shine armor are the wheels since I am trying to finish the Lucas as well as other products that I bought before I switch everything to shine armor, the black plastic I might continue to use Lucas since I don't know how a "ceramic" would work for that.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Shatneyman when I applied mine initially I washed then clayed the car since we were just getting out of winter so I wanted the surface to be as contaminants free as possible and the results have been astounding silky smooth surfaces like F11 at a fraction of the price and does not disappear after 10 car washes which is not a big thing for slingshot but for subs/cars it is.

Currently the only part of the slingshot that has shine armor are the wheels since I am trying to finish the Lucas as well as other products that I bought before I switch everything to shine armor, the black plastic I might continue to use Lucas since I don't know how a "ceramic" would work for that.

The black plastic works with the F-11 so it should work with what you will be using

• The black plastic works with the F-11 so it should work with what you will be using

It should but since I haven't tried I wanted to be clear just in case so no one comes blaming me.

Here is a video showing shine armor vs Chemical guys on a carbon fiber as well as Fiberglass painted surfaces, notice the difference when he slides his fingers on the treated vs non treated (8:09) on the video, I can still do that after several washes.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the shine armor.....but....I like to do a ton of research before hand......

I bit on the F11....and I was highly impressed....however after watching the test this guy does....not so much anymore.....this is the link to part 2 of his test you can find part one.....

I’m going to tell you what the test revealed about F11 and one of the longest lasting cheapest things to use....

In his test...F11 started to fail well within the first month....about 2 weeks tops.....and from my own experience I’m going to agree....

The cheapest nearly longest lasting product will blow your mind......I’ll let you watch the video to see the results..... after I blow through my remaining F11....I’m going to use this stuff.....

The test is one year long comparing 32 products.....outside.... you probably won’t believe the results..

Enjoy.....

• List price for Shine Armor 8 oz. $34.95 which means $4.37 per oz. List price for F-11 18 oz. $83.20 which means $4.62 per oz. I thought one was a whole lot cheaper that the other.

and the Lucas products are less than 38 cents per ounce

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yeah, but look at better pricing :)

Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat Wax on Amazon for $19.95 / 6 oz == 3.33 per oz

TopCoat F11 Master-Craftsman Polish & Sealer - 1G on amazon is $208 with shipping / 1 gallon == 1.625 per oz

Buy in bulk and save. Me, personally, I ordered the Shine Armor to try out, but also plan to keep using the Lucas for touch up and quick cleaning.

• I may give some of these other products a try, but for keeping the tub wiped down I cant imagine not having the lucas around, its just so cheap and fast and easy.

• I may give some of these other products a try, but for keeping the tub wiped down I cant imagine not having the lucas around, its just so cheap and fast and easy.

Agreed, have you used it on the sides yet (black parts) of course, it works as good. Had a bit pool up on my fenders in the inset pieces, but some old paper-towel fixed that up.

• Agreed, have you used it on the sides yet (black parts) of course, it works as good. Had a bit pool up on my fenders in the inset pieces, but some old paper-towel fixed that up.

Wiped the entire tub, fenders ect down with the Interior detailer just last night - Like I said in a post above, as often as I use the lucas products on the Slingshot having a product that can hold up for months on end is not an issue I am reapplying at least once a week.

• I was not looking at the gallon Sale price for the F-11. 18 oz. for $59.97 or $3.33 oz. I think I got that from the F-11 site

• Wiped the entire tub, fenders ect down with the Interior detailer just last night - Like I said in a post above, as often as I use the lucas products on the Slingshot having a product that can hold up for months on end is not an issue I am reapplying at least once a week.

My SS also gets wiped down at least once a week, It is according to if I do not have any honey do's ;)