Need some opinions on an area that is for members only

• Well in that case make them sign up to see it, after all if you own a slingshot you'd be foolish not to sign up for a forum such as this, because sooner or later as we all know your going to need info on something rather it be installing something fixing something or whatever.

• I like the idea of having a specific location for sharing of inventions/pics/designs, etc, that is not publicly available if the member is not comfortable with sharing those details with anyone outside the registered membership. Pretty simple really. Any member can make their own decision on whether to publicly share their work, or post it in the private member location. What's to argue about? It's a personal choice each of us would have that we don't currently have now!! I've been to many forums where everything is locked, and really didn't care for that (not very welcoming). I've also been to forums where they do something very close to this and it works great!! If you want to know more about what that forum has to offer....you simply join!!! I know that I have had several ideas, and designs that I'm not comfortable with sharing to the whole world, but I would be comfortable sharing with registered members. Sure there's always going to be "ne'er do wells" & "scofflaws"....that want to take advantage of everything they can, but at least they would have to exert some effort to get to goods. I for one, hope you decide to go forward with your idea @rabtech
    Ok....I'll stop beating my gums now.....just throwing in my $.037 worth (adjusted for inflation of course!!)

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• As I don't have a financial investment in this site here is my 2 cents worth. If I was looking to do some research on what vehicle to buy I would go to a website that specializes in my research subject. I think if I saw all the cool stuff I could do to that vehicle it may make me want to buy one or not. If I did eventually buy one then I would eventually have to sign up to a site. I thought the idea of this site was to get away from the bureaucracy of the site not to be named. Just my 2 cents and since we have eliminated the penny up north here you can give it what it is worth.

• Well the limit option is for a boost controller. It triggers a 12v negative or positive output wire. This would in turn open the waste gate dumping boost. You could use that now if you had the correct setup on your waste gate.

Isn't that correct?????

@rabtech this looks like a great candidate for that member only tech page stuff.

You are doing something way cool. Sharing with members.

I don't mean the thread. I mean this discussion within he thread about your new toy.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Ok I see what you mean @rabtech as far as the boost controller goes. And I don't have the AEM yet so this maybe a stupid question but I was under the impression (if it could be interfaced properly) we could use the output to briefly cut the ignition when the A/F was at dangerous levels. Is this not true or is it just that no one has figured out how to interface it with our ECU's yet?

• Some people like brussel sprouts 8o Some do not ?(
    I cant say I like this mod of yours.... :/ It puts me in mind of a favorite movie of mine.....
    But if you like it :D .....

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I am really wanting the line lock just so I dont have to toast my rear brake pads while holding the SS still during a burn out... AND wouldn't it be the funniest thing to watch someone try to steal my SS if I left the line lock turned on...... I can see them raising and lowering the parking brake trying to get it to roll! :00008356::00008356::00008356::00008235::00008235:

• access to this portal for mods or whatever this area will be called, There should be a way to set it up for 30days? or number of posts made..lets say 12 posts, this may give you an idea that the person or persons will be a member who comes back and is involved in the forum.

• Just my late 2 cents on "protecting" ideas and mods made by users should have a place that requires membership to view. And I would add the following before they were able to enter the first time: Any information posted her is from slingshot owners and based on their own personal experience and should in now way be a license to perform the modification without fully understanding the system and do so at your own risk. You would never want to have someone say they attempted a repair or modification and had injuries or suffered financial losses based on that information. Heading off any lawsuits before they can be filled is a LOT easier than trying to defend one in court.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Just my late 2 cents on "protecting" ideas and mods made by users should have a place that requires membership to view. And I would add the following before they were able to enter the first time: Any information posted her is from slingshot owners and based on their own personal experience and should in now way be a license to perform the modification without fully understanding the system and do so at your own risk. You would never want to have someone say they attempted a repair or modification and had injuries or suffered financial losses based on that information. Heading off any lawsuits before they can be filled is a LOT easier than trying to defend one in court.

Excellent lawyer like talk there Phil and not a bad idea having this language in the Terms of Service when you become a member. @rabtech being the mechanical mastermind here posting many how too instructions AND being the site owner could result in a liability claim if you get the right a$$hole. However, not knowing how much of a hassle it would be for @rabtech to institute this, it may be somewhat of an overkill. I just researched briefly the YouTube guidelines and could find no such language so it obviously has not been a problem for them. BUT, in the highly litigious society in which we live - it surely does not hurt to take every precaution. @rabtech if you would like me to check and see if there is any case law I would be glad to research it. Lord knows I owe ya for all I learned from ya!!! :)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Excellent lawyer like talk there Phil and not a bad idea having this language in the Terms of Service when you become a member. @rabtech being the mechanical mastermind here posting many how too instructions AND being the site owner could result in a liability claim if you get the right a$$hole. However, not knowing how much of a hassle it would be for @rabtech to institute this, it may be somewhat of an overkill. I just researched briefly the YouTube guidelines and could find no such language so it obviously has not been a problem for them. BUT, in the highly litigious society in which we live - it surely does not hurt to take every precaution. @rabtech if you would like me to check and see if there is any case law I would be glad to research it. Lord knows I owe ya for all I learned from ya!!! :)

Phil, it should be duly noted that Bill will charge $500 per hour for the case law research (& there is a 10-hour minimum) - hey, he needs more chrome!!! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• The ss, this forum and the other, have greatly reduced my ability to retire on time, advocates apathy towards my personal relationships and most of all promotes some type of mod psychosis. I'm going to sue everyone....

• The ss, this forum and the other, have greatly reduced my ability to retire on time, advocates apathy towards my personal relationships and most of all promotes some type of mod psychosis. I'm going to sue everyone....

For you @Shack. $495 an hour 8)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it