1320 exhaust fumes.

• Just like his setup?

You won't be able to mimic his setup as Alpha no longer exists.

The best advice that anyone can give you is to ride in other people's Slingshots with different setups. We can talk a lot about tops and windscreen impact but the thing we can't do is know how sensitive your sniffer is - you could be like a bloodhound and smell fumes 30 miles away that someone else might never even notice

I know this advice sucks but if you have a sensitive sniffer you could be chasing a rabbit

We're sporting the Bassani exhaust a Madstad Stinger top and the F4 +7 windscreen .... no complaints of fumes from us

• You won't be able to mimic his setup as Alpha no longer exists.

The best advice that anyone can give you is to ride in other people's Slingshots with different setups. We can talk a lot about tops and windscreen impact but the thing we can't do is know how sensitive your sniffer is - you could be like a bloodhound and smell fumes 30 miles away that someone else might never even notice

I know this advice sucks but if you have a sensitive sniffer you could be chasing a rabbit

I hear ya! But after working with Harley’s for 25+ years, and smelling fumes until I was blue riding behind thousands of bikes at Sturgis many times, I understand the basic concepts of the engine combustion process, and aerodynamics behind a windshield🤔

But I’m trying to source ideas that have actually worked for different people, then come up with a plan myself. No since in reinventing the wheel👍

The Sling is a toy, not a Cadillac, so you will never make it ride, or smell like one!!

Thanks.

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Brenda will literally get sick from smelling exhaust/gas fumes. So take my word for it that I have never had this problem. The only time that I have even got a wiff of any fumes is coming in a little hot to a stop sign/traffic light with maybe a little breeze from the rear.

• Brenda will literally get sick from smelling exhaust/gas fumes. So take my word for it that I have never had this problem. The only time that I have even got a wiff of any fumes is coming in a little hot to a stop sign/traffic light with maybe a little breeze from the rear.

Thanks.

So out there somewhere in the universe there is a setup that will work, at least good enough for me, although I’m a bit particular, I’m learning a great deal about this new beast called a Slingshot😳 I have a few little tweaks I want to make, and we’ll see what happens. I knew that this can’t be an impossible task, but thru trial, and error something would lessen any comfort/drive ability issues. As for all the comments posted to my thread, I appreciate each one, and it’s my hope that years down the road someone will google this issue, wind up reading all these good comments, and gain some knowledge from it! I’ve had a lot of toys I’ve modified, and the different forums I was on saved me much time, and money by learning from others post👍👍

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Melloreel there are quite a few different exhaust systems out there. So pick and choose carefully. Just remember with the top and a tall wind screen and a rear exit exhaust you are more likely to get some fumes. The front exit takes some of that out of the picture. Just remember that I am running the Welter Dual. Just My 2 cent Good Luck

• The way to manage air flow is to redirect it from below, from the side or even from above the hoop area or a combination of all. Been looking into a number of ideas but making them look good is the hardest part.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I am just curious if anybody has any thoughts or ideas on how to break that vacuum being produced by the rear of the SlingShot where a related issue is the coating of everything in the back by wet roads?

wjfyfe , look up "D-mod" on this forum. Just one homegrown idea.

Jdin , was that your creation?

Or roadog1aj ?

• I put D-mod into the search and am not coming up with anything, can you give a more specific link?

Thanks,

Bill

I searched D-mod also. Nothing.

Gents, not sure why it didn't work for ya. Popped right up for me. I did it without the quotation marks. Anyway...

Roadog's D-Mod

And it was roadog1aj who did it. Just one idea, but maybe seeing this will lead you down another road that works better for you.

• https://www.rshotaccessories.com/blank-2/mesh-wind-deflector

Reference The RSHOT Windscreen,

I am always willing for someone to try my windscreen for 60 days to see if it will make a difference in the fumes. NEED more Time... PM and lets see if the windscreen could assist.

Nothing like having a product that sells it's self!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I still cant get the 2 inner springs back on. I have tried multiple methods, pry bars, extensions, and for whatever reason I cant get those two springs back out far enough to reattach. anyone close enough to Lorton Virginia that might be able to lend a hand? lol. I am almost to the point of driving it down to a mechanic to have them do it. not sure how competent they are though lol.

• I have seen that video before and if I was to take my system out of the slingshot then I am sure that I could do it with absolutely no problems by myself. however I am trying to do this while it is still mounted in the slingshot. I have the outer 2 springs on, I just can get the ones closer to the engine block itself back on. I really don't want to pull the whole side off because of 2 springs. ready for someone to help out or show me a trick lol. everything I am doing isn't working.